Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread

+17
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
Motown Spartan
Floyd Robertson
CORNER BLITZ
Son of Sparta
Watch Out Pylon!
tTito
Brock Middlebrook
Herbie Green
Larry Kazamias
Rocinante
AMwood
Gus Chiggins
Dolph Ziggler
Phil McCrackin
TravelinMan
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread Empty tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread

Post by TravelinMan 2014-06-11, 08:59

I don't know much about either, really. I just wanted a place to be sarcastic to Bobby Sak in retaliation for the gun thread.  Razz 
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread Empty Re: tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-11, 09:03

literally just poured some granola in my Greek yogurt..

oh - and a Specialized ProEvo Rockhopper.. 29er.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread Empty Re: tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-06-11, 15:23

Fuji Tahoe Pro 29er and a Cannondale CAAD X cyclocross bike.
Yes, I ride my cross bike on singletracks, because I'm a bad ass.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler 2014-06-11, 15:29

If you outlaw mountain bikes, only outlaws will have mountain bikes.
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-11, 15:36

Mountain bikes don't kill people; people who can't stop eating granola kills people.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gus Chiggins 2014-06-11, 15:41

Dolph Ziggler wrote:If you outlaw mountain bikes, only outlaws will have mountain bikes.

The only way to stop mountain biking is more mountain bikes!
Gus Chiggins
Gus Chiggins
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-06-11, 15:47

Gus Chiggins wrote:

The only way to stop mountain biking is more mountain bikes!

Shouldn't we be blaming the mountains? Aren't they the real problem here?

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-11, 16:26

gary fisher x-caliber 29er. i also own a kahr 45 caliber. i sort of like calibers.

and...tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread Bear_arms_xlarge
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-11, 16:27

And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to mountain bikes or granola or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-gun sentiment or anti-redneck sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

-Barack Obama, 2015.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-06-11, 16:37

AMwood wrote:gary fisher x-caliber 29er.  i also own a kahr 45 caliber. i sort of like calibers.

Ah, I see, he has bear arms
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-06-11, 17:58

Kids today are a bunch of wussies. I didn't even get a bike with gears until I was in junior high and that was a Scwinn Varsity 10 speed. I rode that thing around the neighborhood all the time. Without a helmet. We would meet at the school and play things like smear the queer. Try jumping up and down curbs on one of those things.
We used to build these big jumps at the bottom of a hill. One day I wiped out bad and came home bloodied with a mangled front wheel. And for that my dad beat my bruised ass. I had to do chores for 50 cents an hour. And you know what? I deserved it. And I learned something. I worked my ass of nonstop until I had enough to get it fixed. How else was I going to get to practice? It is not like nowadays where mom carts kids around town while their fat asses sit in the back seat eating french fries and playing video games.
Then one day you forget to give junior his Ritalin and he takes off on his fancy mountain bike without a helmet and smashes his skull. But that is OK because you have Obama Care now.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-06-11, 17:59

Herbie Green wrote:Kids today are a bunch of wussies.  I didn't even get a bike with gears until I was in junior high and that was a Scwinn Varsity 10 speed.  I rode that thing around the neighborhood all the time. Without a helmet.  We would meet at the school and play things like smear the queer.  Try jumping up and down curbs on one of those things.
We used to build these big jumps at the bottom of a hill.  One day I wiped out bad and came home bloodied with a mangled front wheel.  And for that my dad beat my bruised ass.  I had to do chores for 50 cents an hour.  And you know what?  I deserved it.  And I learned something.  I worked my ass of nonstop until I had enough to get it fixed.  How else was I going to get to practice?  It is not like nowadays where mom carts kids around town while their fat asses sit in the back seat eating french fries and playing video games.
Then one day you forget to give junior his Ritalin and he takes off on his fancy mountain bike without a helmet and smashes his skull.  But that is OK because you have Obama Care now.

Your reputation should be higher than 1.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-11, 18:50

Phil McCrackin wrote:

Your reputation should be higher than 1.

It's 2 now so you got your wish.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-11, 18:52

Rocinante wrote:

It's 2 now so you got your wish.

i gave him one and it's still at 2.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-11, 18:55

AMwood wrote:

i gave him one and it's still at 2.

No it's not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-11, 19:09

Rocinante wrote:

No it's not.

i know you are but what am i?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-11, 19:14

AMwood wrote:

i know you are but what am i?

I have a boner.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-06-11, 19:18

Thanks guys. I didn't know if I still had it or not. On the other board my reputation has been reduced to "Scum Troll".
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-09-25, 21:56

AMwood wrote:gary fisher x-caliber 29er. i also own a kahr 45 caliber. i sort of like calibers.

Nice. I went with the Trek Superfly 9
tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread Maxresdefault

and S&W M&P 40c
tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread Y1c5i1ap6dbj84x3poxt

Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-09-25, 21:58

Do any of you BAs mountain bike in West MI? I think it'd be fun to start a "ride night" once a week. PM if interested.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-25, 22:28

Brock Middlebrook wrote:Do any of you BAs mountain bike in West MI? I think it'd be fun to start a "ride night" once a week. PM if interested.

Will someone provide granola?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-26, 08:05

Brock Middlebrook wrote:Do any of you BAs mountain bike in West MI? I think it'd be fun to start a "ride night" once a week. PM if interested.
would be a good time if I lived in west Michigan..

pretty much, once summer is over (June-August on my calendar), I can only get to the trails on the weekends. Otherwise, it's pretty much running and road cycling for me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-26, 11:52

Trek 930
Glock 17,19,20sf,21sf,22,29,30,32,33,34,42
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-09-26, 12:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:would be a good time if I lived in west Michigan..

pretty much, once summer is over (June-August on my calendar), I can only get to the trails on the weekends. Otherwise, it's pretty much running and road cycling for me.

That's a shame, it would be fun. There are several very good trails over here. This time of year is great for riding, except in the state game area.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-26, 13:27

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

That's a shame, it would be fun. There are several very good trails over here. This time of year is great for riding, except in the state game area.
yeah - maybe we can organize something at some point.

I was out Saturday morning on a trail - a state game area - only heard 3-4 shots fairly far away. Was at the same trail one year and it sounded like I was riding through Kabul - turned around and got the hell outta there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-26, 14:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah - maybe we can organize something at some point.

I was out Saturday morning on a trail - a state game area - only heard 3-4 shots fairly far away. Was at the same trail one year and it sounded like I was riding through Kabul - turned around and got the hell outta there.

Next time you go biking around hunting season it would be a good idea to leave your ear muffs at home.

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread $T2eC16Z,!yME9s5qHsl,BQEtUtFIGw~~60_35
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-26, 14:23

LooseGoose wrote:

Next time you go biking around hunting season it would be a good idea to leave your ear muffs at home.

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread $T2eC16Z,!yME9s5qHsl,BQEtUtFIGw~~60_35
that is way too masculine for me..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-26, 14:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah - maybe we can organize something at some point.

You should dress up in a deer suit (one with big antlers) and ride around the State game area on November 15.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-26, 14:30

tTito wrote:

You should dress up in a deer suit (one with big antlers) and ride around the State game area on November 15.
sure - I can do that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-09-26, 14:40

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

i'd ride with you if i wasn't in such incredibly shitty shape at the moment.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-09-26, 15:10

AMwood wrote:

i'd ride with you if i wasn't in such incredibly shitty shape at the moment.

I've seen you ride, you've got talent

We should go shoot guns then
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-09-26, 15:43

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

I've seen you ride, you've got talent

We should go shoot guns then

i'm just about that fat right now. let me know when you want to shoot. i'm currently single so my time is wide open.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-22, 16:08

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread CZWiDL2UEAEGLsS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-22, 16:20

Most random bump ever.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-22, 17:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Most random bump ever.

Sorry man, I saw that picture and couldn't decide which of my very good friends it was - gHost or BobS.   Perhaps you can help?

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2016-01-22, 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2016-01-22, 17:08

Schwinn Stingray, bell, and handlebar streamers

tOfficial mountain bike and granola thread 99f99166cb7e320518d37f6781350ce6
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-05, 01:56

My kid has commandeered my bike, her's is a POS. Mine is not much better, but serviceable.

I either need to get her a new ride or me a new ride. What do you recommend? Casual suburban rider. But still want a mountain bike for the odd trail ride. And I still wanna look cool, like dudes that drive pickups on their commute.

I don't need anything special and not looking to break the bank. She is 5-8 and strong enough to handle a bigger rig. I check in a c-hair under 6-4 and 220ish (hard 'ish' right now). What size and brands should I look at for either of us? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to bicycles.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-05, 02:39

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2020/07/15/detroit-bikes-brings-schwinn-production-back-united-states/3251266001/

Get you a Detroit Schwinn
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-08-05, 07:26

Nordic wrote:My kid has commandeered my bike, her's is a POS. Mine is not much better, but serviceable.

I either need to get her a new ride or me a new ride. What do you recommend? Casual suburban rider. But still want a mountain bike for the odd trail ride. And I still wanna look cool, like dudes that drive pickups on their commute.

I don't need anything special and not looking to break the bank. She is 5-8 and strong enough to handle a bigger rig. I check in a c-hair under 6-4 and 220ish (hard 'ish' right now). What size and brands should I look at for either of us? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to bicycles.

Here's my advice. Go to a local retailer that carries a few different brands. Try to go at an off time when it's not so busy. Let the owner or knowledgeable salesperson spend time educating you and helping pick the right size for your needs. If you feel like taking short drive, check out Stony Creek bike in Washington on Van Dyke and talk to Ken. Now, the only problem with my suggestion is that every retailer's stock is depleted or non-existent, so test drives are impossible. Wait until February or March.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-05, 08:15

I'd say that's pretty good advice.

I used to be more of a technical nerd who could outline all of the latest specs, but I'm kinda past that point about pretty much anything (except music) in my life. Even the most recent bike I bought, I reached out to a buddy of mine who is a sponsored cyclist for ideas. He asked how much I wanted to spend and sent me 3-4 recommendations.

Floyd's right - a lot of shops are experiencing sales through the roof. Not only typical summertime interest/spike in sales, but also the pandemic has people spending a lot more time outside (which is a good thing). Saw an article not too long ago that a lot of bike shops are pretty barren.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next