Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Librarian hates Dr Suess. At least when a Trump gifts him.

+6
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
10 posters

Go down

Librarian hates Dr Suess.   At least when a Trump gifts him. Empty Librarian hates Dr Suess. At least when a Trump gifts him.

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 10:07

Melania Trump: School librarian turned Dr. Seuss book donation into 'something divisive'

What a nice snotty letter to send:

Dear Mrs. Trump

Another fact that many people are unaware of is that Dr. Seuss’s illustrations are steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures, and harmful stereotypes. Open one of his books (If I Ran a Zoo or And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, for example), and you’ll see the racist mockery in his art. Grace Hwang Lynch’s School Library Journal article, “Is the Cat in the Hat Racist? Read Across America Shifts Away from Dr. Seuss and Toward Diverse Books,” reports on Katie Ishizuka’s work analyzing the minstrel characteristics and trope nature of Seuss’s characters. Scholar Philip Nel’s new book, Was the Cat in the Hat Black? The Hidden Racism of Children’s Literature, and the Need for Diverse Books, further explores and shines a spotlight on the systemic racism and oppression in education and literature.

Wonder where she was when President Obama was praising Dr. Suess??

Obama Praises Dr. Seuss For Teaching Him Empathy And Responsibility

It's no secret that President Obama is an avid reader. But, he just got even more cred with book-lovers by praising everybody's favorite children's author: yep, Obama loves Dr. Seuss. In a Q&A session with interns, Obama admitted that "pretty much all the stuff you need to know is in Dr. Seuss." And of course, he's spot on.

Obama won his way into the hearts of book nerds last year when he declared that reading novels made him a better citizen. (And considering he's the leader of the entire country, he's pretty much the best citizen there is.) Obama claims that reading teaches you vital skills of empathy — and that Dr. Seuss taught him that lesson particularly well. In this video recently released by the White House, Obama tells the listening interns that the Star-Belly Sneetches showed him "we're all the same, so why would we treat somebody differently?" And as if that wasn't a brilliant enough analogy, he then goes on to muse about the nature of responsibility that he learned from Horton Hatches the Egg.

Tribalists......blinded by hatred like many here.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Librarian hates Dr Suess.   At least when a Trump gifts him. Empty Re: Librarian hates Dr Suess. At least when a Trump gifts him.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 10:17

Librarian hates Dr Suess.   At least when a Trump gifts him. 502811600

What the fuck is this supposed to mean? A random school librarian should be more consistent?

What a dumb fucking thread. Goose of all people is telling the swill how politics impact people being fair and consistent. Holy shit. Lmao!

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 10:18; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Librarian hates Dr Suess.   At least when a Trump gifts him. Empty Re: Librarian hates Dr Suess. At least when a Trump gifts him.

Post by DWags Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 10:18

She should have just asked her: "Mrs. Trump, are you fucking kidding me? If that man was joe the plumber, you'd have married him? Or, are you just a piece of shit gold digger willing to suck that racist sexist piece of shit's dick because he has money? If so, you couldn't be more of a scum bag. You enable a sexual predictor who is as racist as they come"

I'd respect that letter way more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 10:24

This was the top headline on Fox News yesterday you guys. Big big news. Don't discount how much more important it is than everything else.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 11:39

LooseGoose wrote:

You just described yourself, but you're too dumb to see it...or too dishonest to admit it. Either way, dumb or dishonest is no way to go through life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 11:47

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You just described yourself, but you're too dumb to see it...or too dishonest to admit it. Either way, dumb or dishonest is no way to go through life.

But sometimes dumb and dishonest canmake you president of United States
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 11:57

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So maybe dumb and dishonest is how you go through life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 11:59

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

So maybe dumb and dishonest is how you go through life.

I e done half of that my whole life Lord knows I try to avoid the other half
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 12:43

I wish goose would say what his point of this thread was. I'm interested in the thought process and shit like this. Too bad it's just a drive by.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 12:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I wish goose would say what his point of this thread was. I'm interested in the thought process and shit like this. Too bad it's just a drive by.

It does seem super petty on the part of the librarian, but there are a lot of petty people in the world.

This is part of Loose's larger effort to portray anybody who is not a Republican as a demon and portray Republicans as angels.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 12:52

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I wish goose would say what his point of this thread was. I'm interested in the thought process and shit like this. Too bad it's just a drive by.

It does seem super petty on the part of the librarian, but there are a lot of petty people in the world.

This is part of Loose's larger effort to portray anybody who is not a Republican as a demon and portray Republicans as angels.

Right... there are a lot of people that will find a way to push their agenda no matter the circumstances... like goose in this thread. What's his point?

I just can't imagine being as old as goose is and not realizing that. Kinda sad, actually. Hope he reads a book soon or something.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 13:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Right... there are a lot of people that will find a way to push their agenda no matter the circumstances... like goose in this thread. What's his point?

I just can't imagine being as old as goose is and not realizing that. Kinda sad, actually. Hope he reads a book soon or something.

He has 3000 to choose from...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 15:04

The letter started out as a rebuke of the administration's attack on public schools, which is good. The points about Seuss, which are valid, as he was a flawed individual with questionable thoughts on race, could have been saved. All in all, Fuck MelaniaTrump and all the rest of them. Puerto Rico is dying.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 20:01

I can't imagine a world when I would accept anything - even a book - from a sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine a world when I would accept anything - even a book - from a sexual predator.

So now you're accusing Melania Trump of a crime too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:33

Oh....and is seems Ms Librarian is pretty selective in when she hates Dr. Suess.....much like the hypocrites in politics.

Librarian hates Dr Suess.   At least when a Trump gifts him. Screen-Shot-2017-09-29-at-3.42.56-PM

Librarian Who Rejected Melania Trump’s ‘Racist’ Dr. Seuss Books Celebrated Seuss’s Birthday In Costume
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:35

LooseGoose wrote:Oh....and is seems Ms Librarian is pretty selective in when she hates Dr. Suess.....much like the hypocrites me in discussions about politics.

Librarian hates Dr Suess.   At least when a Trump gifts him. Screen-Shot-2017-09-29-at-3.42.56-PM

Librarian Who Rejected Melania Trump’s ‘Racist’ Dr. Seuss Books Celebrated Seuss’s Birthday In Costume

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:38

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Oh....and is seems Ms Librarian is pretty selective in when she hates Dr. Suess.....much like the hypocrites me in discussions about politics.

Fixed

Aren't you cute. Enjoy your lying allies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed

Aren't you cute.   Enjoy your lying allies.

I do not have allies here. I'm taking a page from Trump's playbook. I call it like I see it. I fight fire with fire. You like the president so much, maybe it's time you are treated the way he treats others.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:57

Breaking news !!! There are hypocrites in politics! Don't forget, goose brought it to you first.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Breaking news !!! There are hypocrites in politics! Don't forget, goose brought it to you first.

Goose is like the Hollis of politics.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 12:08

The OP calling others tribalists is ironic.

I don't know what's wrong with Dr Suess. Helped both my kids to read before they hit kindergarten
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 12:12

GRR Spartan wrote:The OP calling others tribalists is ironic.

I don't know what's wrong with Dr Suess. Helped both my kids to read before they hit kindergarten

There's not a damned thing wrong with Dr. Suess until some puke Progressive wants to score points with the lemmings by insulting Trump. Then Dr. Suess is a racist. Notice a pattern there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 12:20

LooseGoose wrote:

I don't know what's wrong with Dr Suess.  Helped both my kids to read before they hit kindergarten

There's not a damned thing wrong with Dr. Suess until some puke Progressive wants to score points with the lemmings by insulting Trump.   Then Dr. Suess is a racist.   Notice a pattern there?

Some racists are "very fine people".
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 12:41

LooseGoose wrote:

There's not a damned thing wrong with Dr. Suess until some puke Progressive wants to score points with the lemmings by insulting Trump. Then Dr. Suess is a racist. Notice a pattern there?

Stop the Porgressives shit like they're somehow less than Americans while you support chickenshit war wimps who want to run an authoritarian US.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 13:53

His thought process is "Hey look at this piece of propaganda I found on this right wing whack job web site.  It says some liberal is doing something so let's turn it into some generalization about all liberals.  Let's go spread the word on social media.  I will post it on tSwill.  The Russians and robots will take care of Twitter and facebook"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 14:55

Turtleneck wrote:

This. It's dumb and petty of the librarian. Same time, republicans are trying to paint this as a big fucking deal.

Librarian is stupid. People obsessing about this is stupid. It's all just fucking stupid.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 18:34

The Trump administration attack on public schools is not stupid. It's serious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 18:57

Dendrobates wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This. It's dumb and petty of the librarian. Same time, republicans are trying to paint this as a big fucking deal.

Librarian is stupid. People obsessing about this is stupid. It's all just fucking stupid.

The Librarian acted stupidly because of obsessing about Trump. So she's fucking stupid, are the people here in the same boat?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

The Librarian acted stupidly because of obsessing about Trump. So she's fucking stupid, are the people here in the same boat?

You were more obsessed with Trump than any other poster here through the GOP convention in 2016. I know your memory sucks, so let me remind you of those awesome fights you had with SD1212 back in 2015 and 2016. He used to #trigger you daily. Also, that is some faulty logic but par for course with you.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down