Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guy anniversary gifts

+19
Cameron
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Wally Fairway
DWags
Nordic
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
SeeRockCity
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guy anniversary gifts Empty Guy anniversary gifts

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-07, 07:46

I really suck at the whole gift giving thing. I’m not creative and the hubby is. We don’t usually do gifts for our anniversary, but at the end of the month is our 10 year anniversary. I feel like I should get him something, but I don’t know what. Besides the obvious of anal as a present, anyone have any suggestions?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guy anniversary gifts Empty Re: Guy anniversary gifts

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-07, 07:48

What is Nevets' favorite hobby? Maybe something for that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-07, 07:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:What is Nevets' favorite hobby? Maybe something for that.

Well we are taking a 4 day weekend to the UP (which will be my first time in the UP), and going hiking/kayaking. So we’re doing his favorite hobby together.
Now if I had the space to buy some kayaks, I would totally do that. But we’re pretty limited in that.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-07, 07:54

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:What is Nevets' favorite hobby? Maybe something for that.

Well we are taking a 4 day weekend to the UP (which will be my first time in the UP), and going hiking/kayaking. So we’re doing his favorite hobby together.
Now if I had the space to buy some kayaks, I would totally do that. But we’re pretty limited in that.

A fancy new compass or binoculars?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 07:57

I'm notoriously difficult to buy for and, thankfully, we're in a position where we have everything we "need" and most of what we want.

I generally don't enjoy buying workout clothes for myself.. I wear Nike jackets, tights, etc. that I have literally had for 20+ years - so my wife has gotten to where she'll pick up stuff like that for me for Father's Day, anniversary, birthday. Not overly romantic but highly functional.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-07, 08:09

The binoculars is a really good suggestion. I forgot he mentioned a while ago how we need a good pair.

And Bob, that’s usually how we are. There’s nothing we really need. It’s generally little stuff. But he also has some really old workout clothes too. I might do that for father’s day !
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-07, 08:23

Well, if a BJ & a steak is not what you're thinking I always like a nice bottle of bourbon. E.H. Taylor is good. E.H. Taylor Single Barrel is really good. Hard to find though. Cap N' Cork down in Fort Wayne always has hard to find stuff stocked. And there's a good chance the owners have something specific your looking for not on the shelves if you ask.

I'm pretty much projecting what my wife does for me, but it's an idea if your husband is into hard to find liquor.

https://www.capncork.com/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-07, 08:46

Go to REI or Moosejaw and I guarantee you that you can find something to spend money on that he'll like.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 09:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Go to REI or Moosejaw and I guarantee you that you can find something to spend money on that he'll like.
she should pick up one of those $900 coolers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-07, 09:16

I'm kind of considering one of the knock off $900 coolers. I bought this thing a couple of years ago and the f'ing handle fell off when I had it loaded up and tried to move it. I bet that wouldn't happen with a $900 cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-200-Quart-H2O-Marine-Cooler/dp/B001NYME56
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 09:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm kind of considering one of the knock off $900 coolers. I bought this thing a couple of years ago and the f'ing handle fell off when I had it loaded up and tried to move it. I bet that wouldn't happen with a $900 cooler.

it's crazy how expensive coolers with handles that function properly have gotten.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-07, 09:39

Concert tickets. Flight somewhere for a weekend/travels plans. Sporting event. A nice fucking dinner.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-06-07, 09:44

Give him a good pegging.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-06-07, 09:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Concert tickets. Flight somewhere for a weekend/travels plans. Sporting event. A nice fucking dinner.

Or a nice regular dinner. Either way.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-07, 09:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm kind of considering one of the knock off $900 coolers. I bought this thing a couple of years ago and the f'ing handle fell off when I had it loaded up and tried to move it. I bet that wouldn't happen with a $900 cooler.

it's crazy how expensive coolers with handles that function properly have gotten.

Our friends have one of those top of the line coolers. She writes for some outdoor or health magazine and gets free shit like that to review. They let us borrow it for our Labor Day party last year and it was incredible. Kept a cooler full of beer cold for weeks. I just asked the wife and we are both pretty convinced there was still ice and cold beer in there like three weeks later. It was a yetti and that thing was unlike any cooler I’ve ever had.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-06-07, 09:54

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Our friends have one of those top of the line coolers. She writes for some outdoor or health magazine and gets free shit like that to review. They let us borrow it for our Labor Day party last year and it was incredible. Kept a cooler full of beer cold for weeks. I just asked the wife and we are both pretty convinced there was still ice and cold beer in there like three weeks later. It was a yetti and that thing was unlike any cooler I’ve ever had.

This.

There's a reason that they are expensive. I take the boys camping every so often and I got tired of having to run into town every day for ice so I bought one of the knock off versions. (bought it for 70% off so it was still reasonably priced - long story).

No more runs into town every day just for ice. Not sure it's worth it if you're just trying to keep some beer cold at a tailgate for a few hours though.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-07, 09:55

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think the knockoffs work just as well since they were allowed to steal the technology. I have about 8 of those 30 oz tumblers (non Yetis, all cheap knock offs) and its the same deal. Easily will hold a cup of ice water all day.

I'm really kind of disappointed in this Coleman, I forgot how much I paid for it. I should have read the reviews. I don't think they make a Yeti knockoff that big, however, and if they did it would probably be like $600.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-06-07, 09:56

Also, I got one of these for a work anniversary gift from my company:

Guy anniversary gifts 5bf14c7d-9ee3-402b-bb8a-f946f629d715?size=784x588

Yeti Soft Sided Cooler

I really love that thing.  It's perfect for road trips or day outings.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-07, 09:58

SeeRockCity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This.

There's a reason that they are expensive. I take the boys camping every so often and I got tired of having to run into town every day for ice so I bought one of the knock off versions. (bought it for 70% off so it was still reasonably priced - long story).

No more runs into town every day just for ice. Not sure it's worth it if you're just trying to keep some beer cold at a tailgate for a few hours though.

Yeah, I don’t think I could justify it at this point but it was an elite five star cooler. We had a coleman going about the same size full of beer as well for our blowout and that one was all water the next day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-07, 10:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think the knockoffs work just as well since they were allowed to steal the technology. I have about 8 of those 30 oz tumblers (non Yetis, all cheap knock offs) and its the same deal. Easily will hold a cup of ice water all day.

I'm really kind of disappointed in this Coleman, I forgot how much I paid for it. I should have read the reviews. I don't think they make a Yeti knockoff that big, however, and if they did it would probably be like $600.

Yeah, I have no brand allegiance with my coolers. Would definitely be open to whatever Is the best deal. Just noting that yetti was amazing. I am trying to get the wife into camping and want to try a trip up to the Adirondacks. If she likes it I could see us throwing down some cash for a yetti/knockoff cooler for the exact reasons Seerock laid out above.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 10:11

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I can't imagine living in a world where keeping something cold for three weeks was a priority.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-07, 10:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can't imagine living in a world where keeping something cold for three weeks was a priority.

You don’t car camp for 3 weeks, Bob?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-06-07, 10:14

Dendrobates wrote:I really suck at the whole gift giving thing. I’m not creative and the hubby is. We don’t usually do gifts for our anniversary, but at the end of the month is our 10 year anniversary. I feel like I should get him something, but I don’t know what. Besides the obvious of anal as a present, anyone have any suggestions?
I think you answered your own question with the first three words of your post. Guy anniversary gifts 2599972566

But beyond that, I'm not much help. tWife and I don't really exchange gifts (her idea...yes, really, and no, it's not a trap), and even if she asked me what I want, there isn't really anything that is feasible.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-06-07, 10:15

Heat Miser wrote:Give him a good pegging.

Guy anniversary gifts 1494614055
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 10:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You don’t car camp for 3 weeks, Bob?
I don't have a car.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 10:20

just had another thought: my wife has gone full-on Scotch whiskey snob.. so I did picked her up a bottle of somewhat expensive Scotch that I would likely never buy otherwise.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-07, 10:24

I think we've solved this Dendro. Get him one of those giant Yeti coolers and peg him in it.

Next question.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-07, 10:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:just had another thought: my wife has gone full-on Scotch whiskey snob.. so I did picked her up a bottle of somewhat expensive Scotch that I would likely never buy otherwise.

What did you get?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-06-07, 10:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:just had another thought: my wife has gone full-on Scotch whiskey snob.. so I did picked her up a bottle of somewhat expensive Scotch that I would likely never buy otherwise.

What did you get?

New leaf rake is my guess.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 10:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What did you get?
she wanted a bottle of Glenlivet 18.

so that's what I got her.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-07, 10:46

Dendrobates wrote:I really suck at the whole gift giving thing. I’m not creative and the hubby is. We don’t usually do gifts for our anniversary, but at the end of the month is our 10 year anniversary. I feel like I should get him something, but I don’t know what. Besides the obvious of anal as a present, anyone have any suggestions?

Well, if anal is becoming too hum drum, nothing says I love you like an anniversary fisting. Guy anniversary gifts 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-06-07, 11:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:...BJ...

Y'all are way over thinking this. WoP had it right to start. Full stop.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-07, 11:47

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:...BJ...

Y'all are way over thinking this. WoP had it right to start. Full stop.

Guy anniversary gifts Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-07, 12:09

Guy anniversary gifts CjkZq23WUAAQm65
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-06-07, 12:48

WBH, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting that...just kidding.  It's pretty effen hilarious.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-07, 13:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guy anniversary gifts CjkZq23WUAAQm65

Guy anniversary gifts 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-07, 14:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

We had so much extra beer from guests bringing their own that we just stored it in there. We even had friends over a few times to help clear out the beer in the Yetti. For the most part I agree with you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-06-07, 15:58

dendro
- find a chick you find attractive & bring her home for a 3-some; that strap-on that Heat Miser mentioned and WBH showed has no conscience as to how or where it is used.

- Or remember that March 14 is the only day to celebrate Steak and BJ day.

- yeah, that cooler would be nice - but don't then tell him about the other suggestions from tSwill'sters
(I don't really get it but I typically drink my beer faster than the need for a 3-week cooler)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-07, 16:25

SeeRockCity wrote:Also, I got one of these for a work anniversary gift from my company:

Guy anniversary gifts 5bf14c7d-9ee3-402b-bb8a-f946f629d715?size=784x588

Yeti Soft Sided Cooler

I really love that thing.  It's perfect for road trips or day outings.

Day outings? So you just roam around calling randos gay?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-07, 16:29

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

We had so much extra beer from guests bringing their own that we just stored it in there. We even had friends over a few times to help clear out the beer in the Yetti. For the most part I agree with you.
we have a refrigerator for that sort of thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next