Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by MattyFresh on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

those guys can't catch a break

_________________
I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent.
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 31
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by LooseGoose on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:14 am

Jim Harbaugh is a big loser on national signing day

That familiarity got worse Wednesday, when several other college programs closed the 2018 recruiting cycle stronger than the Wolverines, and Michigan dropped to No. 21 in the 247sports composite rankings on national signing day. Harbaugh’s four recruiting classes have now been ranked 37th, eighth, fifth and 21st by the 247sports composite.

His predecessor, Brady Hoke, followed the exact same pattern: a sluggish start after the coaching change (30th in 2011), followed by two big years (sixth and fourth), followed by a big fade (20th in 2014). The Wolverines also faded on the field, dropping to 5-7 in Hoke’s fourth year. He did not get a fifth.

Harbaugh’s on-field results also have been similar to Hoke’s. The Wolverines slipped from back-to-back 10-3 seasons to 8-5 in 2017. Harbaugh has won two more games than Hoke did through three seasons, but Hoke also finished higher than third in his division — twice, in fact
.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39655
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by kingstonlake on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 am

MattyFresh wrote:those guys can't catch a break

kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:17 am

LooseGoose wrote:Jim Harbaugh is a big loser on national signing day

That familiarity got worse Wednesday, when several other college programs closed the 2018 recruiting cycle stronger than the Wolverines, and Michigan dropped to No. 21 in the 247sports composite rankings on national signing day. Harbaugh’s four recruiting classes have now been ranked 37th, eighth, fifth and 21st by the 247sports composite.

His predecessor, Brady Hoke, followed the exact same pattern: a sluggish start after the coaching change (30th in 2011), followed by two big years (sixth and fourth), followed by a big fade (20th in 2014). The Wolverines also faded on the field, dropping to 5-7 in Hoke’s fourth year. He did not get a fifth.

Harbaugh’s on-field results also have been similar to Hoke’s. The Wolverines slipped from back-to-back 10-3 seasons to 8-5 in 2017. Harbaugh has won two more games than Hoke did through three seasons, but Hoke also finished higher than third in his division — twice, in fact
.

I love it. Such an over paid over hyped coach.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13998
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 am

should have had a few more sleepovers
avatar
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5836
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13998
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by tGreenWay on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.


Oh no, as usual, they beat us in recruiting, which must drive them nuts, since it doesn’t translate into actual wins.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25327
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:34 pm


Fixed.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15087
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.


Oh no, as usual, they beat us in recruiting, which must drive them nuts, since it doesn’t translate into actual wins.

Wins and losses on the field are so superfluous and the refs always arbitrarily screw us. Recruiting rankings are totally objective and therefore more important.

Regards,

Typical Walvie
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15883
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:49 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.


Oh no, as usual, they beat us in recruiting, which must drive them nuts, since it doesn’t translate into actual wins.

I hope we kick the shit out of them in Spartan Stadium.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13998
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:49 pm

steveschneider wrote:Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.

No... yet we somehow have room to talk....while downplaying recruiting ranking.....#Sports
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by InTenSity on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.

No... yet we somehow have room to talk....while downplaying recruiting ranking.....#Sports
Its probably that whole winning on the field while not having any recruiting class ranked higher than theirs.

Hot takes!

_________________
2017 Swill Pickem Champion!! Suck it Travis!
avatar
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11690
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:54 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

No... yet we somehow have room to talk....while downplaying recruiting ranking.....#Sports
Its probably that whole winning on the field while not having any recruiting class ranked higher than theirs.

Hot takes!

So recruiting rankings don’t matter... unless Michigan doesn’t have a top 10 class ... then they do and should be laughed at.

#SportsLogic
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Did we get a better class than them? It’s fucking hilarious to see their recruiting championship go down the toilet.

No... yet we somehow have room to talk....while downplaying recruiting ranking.....#Sports

I have never given a shit about rankings. When the old board moved to 247 and it started to become a big recruiting board I looked up Michigans recruiting rankings, Notre Dames and the Wisconsins. Wisconsin was a much better football team at the time but had 2 and 3 star recruits...how could that be since they don't have great recruits? Right then I knew something about those sites was fishy. If those guys at the sites could actually rate talent they'd be scouts in the pros or at a University.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13998
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Its probably that whole winning on the field while not having any recruiting class ranked higher than theirs.

Hot takes!

So recruiting rankings don’t matter... unless Michigan doesn’t have a top 10 class ... then they do and should be laughed at.

#SportsLogic


Jesus, isn't this titled "the tears of my enemies"?   Just start ta thread about the tears of Spartans.   They've always valued their top ten rankings.  Now they don't have them, after a fairly disapointing year.  

Don't be such a debbie downer.   Wait, forget it, do what you got to do.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26697
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:04 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

No... yet we somehow have room to talk....while downplaying recruiting ranking.....#Sports

I have never given a shit about rankings. When the old board moved to 247 and it started to become a big recruiting board I looked up Michigans recruiting rankings, Notre Dames and the Wisconsins. Wisconsin was a much better football team at the time but had 2 and 3 star recruits...how could that be since they don't have great recruits? Right then I knew something about those sites was fishy. If those guys at the sites could actually rate talent they'd be scouts in the pros or at a University.

Yup it’s a $ grab. Oh so you’re telling me Clemson, Georgia, Alabama , and Ohio State along with all of the other traditional powers in football rich states have the best recruits? Can you also tell me water is wet for $9.99 a month? Thank you !!!
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So recruiting rankings don’t matter... unless Michigan doesn’t have a top 10 class ... then they do and should be laughed at.

#SportsLogic


Jesus, isn't this titled "the tears of my enemies"?   Just start ta thread about the tears of Spartans.   They've always valued their top ten rankings.  Now they don't have them, after a fairly disapointing year.  

Don't be such a debbie downer.   Wait, forget it, do what you got to do.

If utilizing logic is being a Debbie downer, i apologize.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Clarett's Folly on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Its probably that whole winning on the field while not having any recruiting class ranked higher than theirs.

Hot takes!

So recruiting rankings don’t matter... unless Michigan doesn’t have a top 10 class ... then they do and should be laughed at.

#SportsLogic

If you look down the front page you'll see a post about Billy Mitchell and his fake Donkey Kong records? Do I give a shit about Donkey Kong? Fuck no. But I saw the documentary, think Billy Mitchell is a ****, and can therefore find it funny when his videogame empire crumbles around him.
avatar
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3437
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I have never given a shit about rankings. When the old board moved to 247 and it started to become a big recruiting board I looked up Michigans recruiting rankings, Notre Dames and the Wisconsins. Wisconsin was a much better football team at the time but had 2 and 3 star recruits...how could that be since they don't have great recruits? Right then I knew something about those sites was fishy. If those guys at the sites could actually rate talent they'd be scouts in the pros or at a University.

Yup it’s a $ grab. Oh so you’re telling me Clemson, Georgia, Alabama , and Ohio State along with all of the other traditional powers in football rich states have the best recruits? Can you also tell me water is wet for $9.99 a month? Thank you !!!

Or “Tells me he had a great time on his visit”.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13998
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So recruiting rankings don’t matter... unless Michigan doesn’t have a top 10 class ... then they do and should be laughed at.

#SportsLogic


Jesus, isn't this titled "the tears of my enemies"?   Just start ta thread about the tears of Spartans.   They've always valued their top ten rankings.  Now they don't have them, after a fairly disapointing year.  

Don't be such a debbie downer.   Wait, forget it, do what you got to do.

OTPT has an insatiable desire to make sure none of us get too happy with MSU athletics.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15087
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by MattyFresh on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm


_________________
I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent.
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 31
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:12 pm


I don't see how they have ND so low. They have a major fucking network to themselves.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15087
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm

avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15883
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:18 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yup it’s a $ grab. Oh so you’re telling me Clemson, Georgia, Alabama , and Ohio State along with all of the other traditional powers in football rich states have the best recruits? Can you also tell me water is wet for $9.99 a month? Thank you !!!

Or “Tells me he had a great time on his visit”.

BREAKING: Jaquan summerson has your team in his top 28! Stay tuned for what color sweatshirt he wore at camp!
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:20 pm

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15087
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by LooseGoose on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I don't see how they have ND so low. They have a major fucking network to themselves.

These are recruits, not old farts like you.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39655
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:


Jesus, isn't this titled "the tears of my enemies"?   Just start ta thread about the tears of Spartans.   They've always valued their top ten rankings.  Now they don't have them, after a fairly disapointing year.  

Don't be such a debbie downer.   Wait, forget it, do what you got to do.

OTPT has an insatiable desire to make sure none of us get too happy with MSU athletics.

I’m not sure this has anything to do with MSU unfortunately.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by LooseGoose on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I have never given a shit about rankings. When the old board moved to 247 and it started to become a big recruiting board I looked up Michigans recruiting rankings, Notre Dames and the Wisconsins. Wisconsin was a much better football team at the time but had 2 and 3 star recruits...how could that be since they don't have great recruits? Right then I knew something about those sites was fishy. If those guys at the sites could actually rate talent they'd be scouts in the pros or at a University.

Yup it’s a $ grab. Oh so you’re telling me Clemson, Georgia, Alabama , and Ohio State along with all of the other traditional powers in football rich states have the best recruits? Can you also tell me water is wet for $9.99 a month? Thank you !!!

OTPT mocks others while his account is being deducted $15.99 a month for the Swill.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39655
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by tGreenWay on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:


Jesus, isn't this titled "the tears of my enemies"?   Just start ta thread about the tears of Spartans.   They've always valued their top ten rankings.  Now they don't have them, after a fairly disapointing year.  

Don't be such a debbie downer.   Wait, forget it, do what you got to do.

If utilizing logic is being a Debbie downer, i apologize.

You glossed right past DWags’ points. They highly value recruiting rankings and, as their rival, we take great pleasure in seeing them wallow in misery. This is, after all, an MSU fan site, not a board for logic. If fandom and logic were inextricably linked, it would lose almost all of the fun.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25327
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yup it’s a $ grab. Oh so you’re telling me Clemson, Georgia, Alabama , and Ohio State along with all of the other traditional powers in football rich states have the best recruits? Can you also tell me water is wet for $9.99 a month? Thank you !!!

OTPT mocks others while his account is being deducted $15.99 a month for the Swill.

Take my litecoin that ty told me to buy.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24824
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:


Jesus, isn't this titled "the tears of my enemies"?   Just start ta thread about the tears of Spartans.   They've always valued their top ten rankings.  Now they don't have them, after a fairly disapointing year.  

Don't be such a debbie downer.   Wait, forget it, do what you got to do.

If utilizing logic is being a Debbie downer, i apologize.

You should utilize that logic as you read the thread title

-------

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=18330

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26697
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum