Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field...

+7
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
11 posters

Go down

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... Empty So the UM player that was sobbing on the field...

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-08, 14:45

MSU is not a rival to them, right?

Or did he receive some tragic news about a family member? Seriously, I'm hesitant to crack wise about that, because maybe there was more to it. Seems really extreme to be bawling like that over a football game in early October (i.e., not a championship game), and which wasn't lost in any sort of dramatic fashion).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... Empty Re: So the UM player that was sobbing on the field...

Post by Guest 2017-10-08, 14:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:MSU is not a rival to them, right?

Or did he receive some tragic news about a family member? Seriously, I'm hesitant to crack wise about that, because maybe there was more to it. Seems really extreme to be bawling like that over a football game in early October (i.e., not a championship game), and which wasn't lost in any sort of dramatic fashion).

I think it was Peoples-Jones.....unfortunately he believed the HarboBS and thought he'd always be able to lord it over his MSU friends.....sorta like Lavert Hill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... Empty Re: So the UM player that was sobbing on the field...

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-08, 14:50

He don't wanna play football no mo
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-08, 16:05

It’s hysterical to watch them try to deny MSU is not their rivals. The MSU vs UofM b-ball game is always a bigger deal than UofM vs OSU.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-08, 16:13

Isn't Peoples-Jones a cass tech kid?

All the crootin ⭐️ kids from outside of Michigan: "why you cry bro? Just another game"....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-08, 17:59

steveschneider wrote:It’s hysterical to watch them try to deny MSU is not their rivals. The MSU vs UofM b-ball game is always a bigger deal than UofM vs OSU.
Or hockey, or softball, or pinochle. The MSU-UM rivalry pits friends, co-workers, and brothers/sisters against each other in everything. But for the vast majority of their fan base, their personal identity and self worth is so based on football that they don't grasp that.

In fact, they're so wrapped up in the outdated notion of a single game per year from decades gone by that they continue to brush off losing 8 of 10 games because they "don't care". Jesus, I'd fucking care if MSU lost 8 of 10 to anyone in the conference, especially the division. You can't be regularly successful if you accept a record like that against a conference foe, just so that you can pretend you don't care about that team.

Everyone who is still playing that card just outs themselves as absolute idiots to neutrals everywhere.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-08, 18:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:It’s hysterical to watch them try to deny MSU is not their rivals. The MSU vs UofM b-ball game is always a bigger deal than UofM vs OSU.
Or hockey, or softball, or pinochle. The MSU-UM rivalry pits friends, co-workers, and brothers/sisters against each other in everything. But for the vast majority of their fan base, their personal identity and self worth is so based on football that they don't grasp that.

In fact, they're so wrapped up in the outdated notion of a single game per year from decades gone by that they continue to brush off losing 8 of 10 games because they "don't care". Jesus, I'd fucking care if MSU lost 8 of 10 to anyone in the conference, especially the division. You can't be regularly successful if you accept a record like that against a conference foe, just so that you can pretend you don't care about that team.

Everyone who is still playing that card just outs themselves as absolute idiots to neutrals everywhere.

Good stuff, you hit the nail on the head.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-08, 18:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Not for me!

You people A) need new friends B) need new places to work C) need to abandon your families.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-08, 18:13

LooseGoose wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:MSU is not a rival to them, right?

I think it was Peoples-Jones.....unfortunately he believed the HarboBS and thought he'd always be able to lord it over his MSU friends.....sorta like Lavert Hill.

That DPJ is legit. I know we were never seriously in it, but damn he would've been a good get. Hill made a mistake in choosing um, but I get wanting to play with your brother.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-08, 18:14

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That DPJ is legit. I know we were never seriously in it, but damn he would've been a good get. Hill made a mistake in choosing um, but I get wanting to play with your brother.

He was wrong and stupid just like this post.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-08, 18:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:

On a more serious note, this part is true. I have encountered many UM fans whose identities are strongly connected to UM and UM football. So much of who they are as an individual is about UM. This connection is odd since many never attended UM.

What is also odd is that these folks are often working class, but somehow have fallen in love with an elitist institution that despises the working class. One would think that they would root for the land grant school as opposed to the school that looks down their noses at them.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-08, 18:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Picking UM suggests a character flaw.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-08, 18:35

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... 1d5c3445e6233353e4cf878f6b451851--christmas-classics-a-christmas-story
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-08, 20:00

Wolverine tears taste like Sugar.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-08, 20:06

tGreenWay wrote:

Hard to argue with your assessment of your own post, skippy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-08, 20:16

tGreenWay wrote:

Shut up scummer
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-08, 20:18

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... 1214h3n
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-08, 20:18

tGreenWay wrote:

Shut up scummer

Lad, I was cheering on the Green & White in Ann Arbor well before your momma pooped you out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-08, 20:23

tGreenWay wrote:

Shut up scummer

Lad, I was cheering on the Green & White in Ann Arbor well before your momma pooped you out.

Were you defending Michigan players back then too?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-08, 20:29

Yeah, this whole coming to the rescue of UM players is a troubling turn of events. First Pantry and now GreenWay? WTF is going on around here?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-10-08, 21:21

DWags wrote:So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... 1214h3n
Three others sobbing in the background on the bench.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-08, 22:10

So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... 77142910
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-08, 22:12

So a Michigan Man isn’t afraid to show his emotions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-08, 22:32

By-Tor wrote:
DWags wrote:So the UM player that was sobbing on the field... 1214h3n
Three others sobbing in the background on the bench.

Harbaugh was already back in his office looking at stamps on Ebay to add to his collection.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down