Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)?

+11
duffy munn
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
Cameron
Turtleneck
15 posters

Go down

Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)? Empty Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)?

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 11:43

Calvin Johnson
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)? Empty Re: Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)?

Post by Cameron 2020-05-19, 11:46

Herman Moore?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)? Empty Re: Who is the best player not named Barry Sanders in the history of the Lions (also a name a random Lions player thread)?

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-19, 11:50

Joe Schmidt
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-05-19, 11:55

Mike Williams
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-19, 12:01

Scott Mitchell
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-19, 12:04

Matt Stafford
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-19, 12:09

Sedrick Irvin.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 12:10

steveschneider wrote:Barry is overrated. Matt Stafford is the best ever.

Fixed for Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-19, 12:13

I had beers with George Jamison at a tailgate a couple of years ago. So I'm going with #58, George Jamison.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-19, 12:15

Megatron
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-19, 12:17

Anthony Kennedy
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-19, 12:18

Jeff Komlo
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-05-19, 12:18

I never saw Joe Schmidt, Night Train Lane, Bobby Layne, etc. from the old school. Of the players I've seen, tie between Lem Barney and Charlie Sanders. A random favorite Lion would be Dexter Manley Bussey. That's just a great name....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-19, 12:19

but seriously, Night Train Lane
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-19, 12:23

Heathens '87 wrote:I never saw Joe Schmidt, Night Train Lane, Bobby Layne, etc. from the old school. Of the players I've seen, tie between Lem Barney and Charlie Sanders. A random favorite Lion would be Dexter Manley Bussey. That's just a great name....

Sanders made the best catch I've ever seen live. Thanksgiving Day 1970 against the Raiders @ Tiger Stadium. Lions wore white at home the only time in their history. Chuck made a diving catch and slammed in to the base of the goal post back when they were at the goal line. My 7 year old eyes couldn't believe it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-19, 12:29

Heathens '87 wrote:I never saw Joe Schmidt, Night Train Lane, Bobby Layne, etc. from the old school. Of the players I've seen, tie between Lem Barney and Charlie Sanders. A random favorite Lion would be Dexter Manley Bussey. That's just a great name....

Joe Schmidt is the prototype for what the middle LB position is today, if you will. He was the first in that position as the on field play caller for middle LBs.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-05-19, 12:30

Jon Kitna
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-19, 12:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I had beers with George Jamison at a tailgate a couple of years ago. So I'm going with #58, George Jamison.

Too bad you didn't have any Jameson.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-19, 12:32

Garry James Jones
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-19, 12:41

Heathens '87 wrote:I never saw Joe Schmidt, Night Train Lane, Bobby Layne, etc. from the old school. Of the players I've seen, tie between Lem Barney and Charlie Sanders.  A random favorite Lion would be Dexter Manley Bussey.  That's just a great name....

Bennie Blades is another great name.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 22:20

I am changing my answer to a tie between Robert Porcher and Tracy Scroggins.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-19, 22:55

Alex Karras
Lem Barney
Greg Landry
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-19, 22:59

Billy Sims
Charlie Sanders
Jason Hanson
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-19, 23:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I had beers with George Jamison at a tailgate a couple of years ago. So I'm going with #58, George Jamison.

Ironically, they drank Bushmill’s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-19, 23:09

Motown Spartan wrote:Joe Schmidt

Joe Schmidt can kiss my pimply pale ass. He put a jinx on the Lions that’s lasted my entire lifetime.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-19, 23:14

Jeff Backus
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-19, 23:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Joe Schmidt

Pimply? How old are you?

Joe Schmidt can kiss my pimply pale ass. He put a jinx on the Lions that’s lasted my entire lifetime.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-19, 23:43

Turtleneck wrote:I am changing my answer to a tie between Robert Porcher and Tracy Scroggins.

Michael Cofer would like a word with you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down