Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat

+25
The Pantry
Snake Plissken
I.B. Fine
Clarett's Folly
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
Other Teams Pursuing That
MattyFresh
y2kMgrad
Herbie Green
InTenSity
Wally Fairway
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
Death Roe
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
29 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat - Page 11 Empty Re: MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat

Post by tGreenWay October 15th 2017, 12:12 am

Halftime of the Asu/UW game means I'll stick with Stanford/Oregon for now. I think I'll switch over, though.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat - Page 11 Empty Re: MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat

Post by tGreenWay October 15th 2017, 12:13 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Haven't decided yet. Going to check out your game and see what else is on.
Huskies look fucking terrible

Blowing it for themselves, considering the Clemson loss.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher October 15th 2017, 12:18 am

I'm definitely a little drunk at this point but seriously...we have a lot of shit to clean up as a young team but neutral eyes....we have basically been even with the 2 talented teams on our schedule and way better than the others, including tonight. I'm not talking about final score, I'm talking about down to down production on both sides of the ball. Minnesota had 1 drive all game, and it was in basically garbage time.

We are young, we will fuck up, we will probably lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't, we lack key depth....but we're pretty good. We're gonna contend next year ya'll. We're gonna have an outside shot this year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor October 15th 2017, 12:53 am

BTN Final Drive interview and Joe Bachie is pissed the way the D finished!! He did not look or sound happy. Love this guy.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags October 15th 2017, 1:01 am

By-Tor wrote:BTN Final Drive interview and Joe Bachie is pissed the way the D finished!! He did not look or sound happy. Love this guy.

Max Bullough but more athletic
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ October 15th 2017, 2:22 am

Let's
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ October 15th 2017, 2:23 am

Fucking
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ October 15th 2017, 2:23 am

Gooooooo
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider October 15th 2017, 7:44 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm definitely a little drunk at this point but seriously...we have a lot of shit to clean up as a young team but neutral eyes....we have basically been even with the 2 talented teams on our schedule and way better than the others, including tonight. I'm not talking about final score, I'm talking about down to down production on both sides of the ball. Minnesota had 1 drive all game, and it was in basically garbage time.

We are young, we will fuck up, we will probably lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't, we lack key depth....but we're pretty good. We're gonna contend next year ya'll. We're gonna have an outside shot this year.

Yep. I hate to sound like a UofM fan but last night most of the damage we did to ourselves. Stupid mistakes we shouldn’t have made and on that drive that Minnesota had we just didn’t play Spartan football.

I really like our defense this year, they are getting good pressure on the qbs. The big difference between this d and our Rosebowl d was this years d is chasing the qb around open space but the Rosebowl team would more often than not catch the qb and drive them in the dirt.

Our OL is a lot better. Some of those LJ Scott runs last night were really impressive and the blocking on those runs was fantastic. Over time Lewerke will improve and so will Rison. I didn’t think the Spartans would show this much improvement this year and that’s pretty damn impressive.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh October 15th 2017, 7:58 am

Death Roe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That's a terrible call actually.

Looked clean to me.

Damnit Coghlin misses... here we go
scratch
MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat - Page 11 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 15th 2017, 8:26 am

By-Tor wrote:It's tough for a D to face a good QB it didn't prepare for. In the end, if not for another end of game bogus holding call, we win 37-20

I think this is pretty spot on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 October 15th 2017, 8:45 am

Anyone still naked?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos October 15th 2017, 9:09 am

aualum06 wrote:Anyone still naked?

MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat - Page 11 Tumblr_m52g3doy7u1r7vxcmo1_500
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno October 15th 2017, 9:18 am

MattyFresh wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Looked clean to me.

Damnit Coghlin misses... here we go
scratch

I think the ref got confused and thought Minnesota was on offense, as the Minny player was actually tugging on Higby's jersey.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor October 15th 2017, 9:45 am

NigelUno wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:
scratch

I think the ref got confused and thought Minnesota was on offense, as the Minny player was actually tugging on Higby's jersey.
. Completely possible considering the Minny player engaged Higby like he was blocking. Not the other way around. But then the Minny player completely flops trying to sell the call. When did football players start acting like soccer fairies?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green October 15th 2017, 9:54 am

DWags wrote:
By-Tor wrote:BTN Final Drive interview and Joe Bachie is pissed the way the D finished!!  He did not look or sound happy.  Love this guy.  

I really didn't expect much with those tats but he has won me over as a player.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! October 15th 2017, 10:00 am

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

Do tattoos lower a player's skill level/character?

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on October 15th 2017, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake October 15th 2017, 10:00 am

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

He can retire now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly October 15th 2017, 10:07 am

I'm still fully erect after the toss-sweep clinic from last night.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict October 15th 2017, 10:11 am

What bothered me most about that holding call was the inconsistency of it.  They were letting holding go all night - then you call that shit?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green October 15th 2017, 10:28 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I have to remember that many of the football players I cheer for are probably not guys I would enjoy hanging out with.  I was just so sick of last season's Trump mullet tat linebacker crew that I didn't want another one.  But I guess I learned a lesson that if a guy puts his initials on his biceps he can still be a very good football player.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags October 15th 2017, 10:34 am

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I have to remember that many of the football players I cheer for are probably not guys I would enjoy hanging out with.  I was just so sick of last season's Trump mullet tat linebacker crew that I didn't want another one.  But I guess I learned a lesson that if a guy puts his initials on his biceps he can still be a very good football player.

I pretty much thought you were this guy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh October 15th 2017, 10:36 am

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green October 15th 2017, 12:06 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I pretty much thought you were this guy.  

What guy?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That October 15th 2017, 12:28 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Trump mullet tat linebacker MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat - Page 11 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic October 15th 2017, 2:05 pm

So we are sweet good again?!?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay October 15th 2017, 2:18 pm

Nordic wrote:So we are sweet good again?!?

Not just sweet good, sweet tat good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay October 15th 2017, 2:19 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Trump mullet tat linebacker MSU vs. RowBoating Gophers game thread - Fuck their boat - Page 11 502811600

Don't be mean to Herbie; he might put you on ignore.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson October 16th 2017, 9:25 am

Not a single comment from tSwill here.  We need to step our game.

Michigan State football in-game fan rants and raves — Minnesota edition
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe October 16th 2017, 9:36 am

AUAlum and Travis stopped posting in the thread, and Minny came back. I blame it on them.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe October 16th 2017, 9:39 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Not a single comment from tSwill here.  We need to step our game.

I made it in!

First quarter:

Shockular: (Red Cedar Message Board): Alright, good start. Get ready for the revolutionary Dave Warner offense, Fleck!!!!!!!!!!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 16th 2017, 9:41 am

Death Roe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Not a single comment from tSwill here.  We need to step our game.

I made it in!

First quarter:

Shockular: (Red Cedar Message Board): Alright, good start. Get ready for the revolutionary Dave Warner offense, Fleck!!!!!!!!!!

The Swill doesn't recognize the existence of inferior message boards. Try again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe October 16th 2017, 9:55 am

The author of the...."article," changed Dan Warner to Dave Warner. It was a spoof of Fowler calling him Dan Warner last week against Michigan.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan October 16th 2017, 10:38 am

By-Tor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

. Completely possible considering the Minny player engaged Higby like he was blocking. Not the other way around. But then the Minny player completely flops trying to sell the call. When did football players start acting like soccer fairies?
I'm all for homerism and all, but it's pretty clear that Higby's right arm pulled him. The guy is trying to turn toward LJ before LJ gets there, and then suddenly lunges to the right away from LJ? At best, Higby's hand was tangled up with his jersey or pads and he was trying to pull away. But Higby pulled him 2 yards outside of LJ's path there.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider October 16th 2017, 2:26 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Watched the game on YouTube last night. Not very pretty.

Yeah, but overall it was a night roadgame in awful weather. We got the win and I'll take it.

PJ seems like he's got that program on the right track. The players and fans buy in to his nuttiness and they turn that shit into maximum effort. I saw a lot of Gophers laying their ass on the line that night and I kind of admire it in a way.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic October 16th 2017, 3:33 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
By-Tor wrote:. Completely possible considering the Minny player engaged Higby like he was blocking. Not the other way around. But then the Minny player completely flops trying to sell the call. When did football players start acting like soccer fairies?
I'm all for homerism and all, but it's pretty clear that Higby's right arm pulled him. The guy is trying to turn toward LJ before LJ gets there, and then suddenly lunges to the right away from LJ? At best, Higby's hand was tangled up with his jersey or pads and he was trying to pull away. But Higby pulled him 2 yards outside of LJ's path there.

All I know is Higby is a very large human being.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay October 16th 2017, 5:05 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Watched the game on YouTube last night. Not very pretty.

You're not very pretty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh October 16th 2017, 5:27 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
By-Tor wrote:. Completely possible considering the Minny player engaged Higby like he was blocking.  Not the other way around.   But then the Minny player completely flops trying to sell the call.   When did football players start acting like soccer fairies?
I'm all for homerism and all, but it's pretty clear that Higby's right arm pulled him.  The guy is trying to turn toward LJ before LJ gets there, and then suddenly lunges to the right away from LJ?  At best, Higby's hand was tangled up with his jersey or pads and he was trying to pull away.  But Higby pulled him 2 yards outside of LJ's path there.

uh what, focus on few items here... notice the defender turning his head and sees he cant get LJ so he pulls Higby towards him to sell that he was being held. Meanwhile there is no evidence of the defenders jersey or pads being pulled.

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist October 16th 2017, 5:43 pm

I would love to see another angle on that play. Anyone have one?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh October 16th 2017, 5:44 pm

not aware of one being available but heres a zoom
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next