Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid.

+9
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Rocinante
13 posters

Go down

If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. Empty If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid.

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-16, 15:51

I have heard that this "integration" may not be total, meaning that there will be separate boy and girl troops. If that's the case, I withdraw my support. If on the other hand we are talking about complete integration, I think that's great. Boys and girls need to learn at an early age that gender isn't a crutch. Be a man and be ladylike are antiquated.

The Gender Fluid Scouts of America
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. Empty Re: If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid.

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-17, 00:38

Rocinante wrote:I have heard that this "integration" may not be total, meaning that there will be separate boy and girl troops. If that's the case, I withdraw my support. If on the other hand we are talking about complete integration, I think that's great. Boys and girls need to learn at an early age that gender isn't a crutch. Be a man and be ladylike are antiquated.

Support it or don't. Grow a pair and make a decision.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. Empty Re: If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid.

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-17, 11:17

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I have heard that this "integration" may not be total, meaning that there will be separate boy and girl troops. If that's the case, I withdraw my support. If on the other hand we are talking about complete integration, I think that's great. Boys and girls need to learn at an early age that gender isn't a crutch. Be a man and be ladylike are antiquated.

Support it or don't. Grow a pair and make a decision.

I don't think you know what you're talking about again Greenway. Maybe sit this one out before you embarrass yourself (more).
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-17, 11:52

The only reason the BSA have become “enlightened” is their membership numbers have dropping for at least a decade and their only way to recover is to set up a parallel organization for girls. This isn’t about altruism. It’s a Plessy v Ferguson solution in the 21st Century.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-17, 12:47

GRR Spartan wrote:The only reason the BSA have become “enlightened” is their membership numbers have dropping for at least a decade and their only way to recover is to set up a parallel organization for girls. This isn’t about altruism. It’s a Plessy v Ferguson solution in the 21st Century.

Well that's a rather jaded view. But even if it's true, so what? Gender integration in all matters can only lead to an enlightened society in my opinion.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-13, 09:58

Get woke, go broke....just like Dick's Sporting Goods and others.

BOY SCOUTS ON VERGE OF BANKRUPTCY

More inclusive = fewer members. Strange. It's as if people wanted to destroy Scouting not become a part of it.

As the organization has made decisions deemed to be more inclusive, such as allowing openly gay scouts in 2013 and scoutmasters in 2015 as well as the 2018 decision to allow girls, membership has continued to decline sharply, from over 4 million members at its peak to a claimed 2.3 million members at present.

Those numbers will likely continue to decline. Earlier this year, the Mormon church announced the end of a long-standing partnership with the Boy Scouts and the formation of its own program for boys beginning in 2020, a move that could cost the organization almost a third of its members.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-13, 10:01

I also blame the girls and gays for this tragedy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-13, 10:18

shrug. Our cub scout troop grew, boys and girls. We've got about 5 new girls and 7-8 new boys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 10:20

LooseGoose wrote:Get woke, go broke....just like Dick's Sporting Goods and others.

More inclusive = fewer members. Strange. It's as if people wanted to destroy Scouting not become a part of it.

As the organization has made decisions deemed to be more inclusive, such as allowing openly gay scouts in 2013 and scoutmasters in 2015 as well as the 2018 decision to allow girls, membership has continued to decline sharply, from over 4 million members at its peak to a claimed 2.3 million members at present.

Those numbers will likely continue to decline. Earlier this year, the Mormon church announced the end of a long-standing partnership with the Boy Scouts and the formation of its own program for boys beginning in 2020, a move that could cost the organization almost a third of its members.

thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-13, 10:25

If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600 If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600

The Daily Caller is a conservative American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by political pundit Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel in 2010.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 10:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600 If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600

The Daily Caller is a conservative American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by political pundit Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel in 2010.
Goose loves him some mainstream media.. If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600 If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600 If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 10:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:shrug. Our cub scout troop grew, boys and girls. We've got about 5 new girls and 7-8 new boys.

Yeah, It's funny how you can attribute the down swing in boyscouts to being "all inclusive", just so you can move forward with a sexist agenda. I guess the growing number of kids playing soccer, or doing other things has no effect on the boy scouts. Cause parents can make time for both. (and I do know some can). But with two parents working, it's an either or for many of the kids. But by all means, say it's cause the girls are joining. Knuckle draggers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-13, 10:45

Remember when Goose was posting pictures of empty seats at Cleveland Browns games last year after they were 0-12? Then correlating that to the NFL dying? Those were fun times.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-13, 10:50

That's literally all Mormons leaving because they can't handle tolerance or the fluidity of gender roles. The Scouts will survive and be better for it. You gotta break some eggs to make a better world.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 10:50

Rocinante wrote:That's literally all Mormons leaving because they can't handle tolerance or the fluidity of gender roles. The Scouts will survive and be better for it. You gotta break some eggs to make a better world.
religion is dangerous.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-13, 11:06

LooseGoose wrote:Get woke, go broke....just like Dick's Sporting Goods and others.

Hold on. Are you saying they shouldn't have let in gay scouts? And using some bankruptcy article to justify that?

I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Let me know what you were implying. Seems like you're OK with discrimination?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 11:32

NigelUno wrote:

Hold on. Are you saying they shouldn't have let in gay scouts? And using some bankruptcy article to justify that?

you read Goose's posts??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-13, 11:33

Make America 1950 Again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-13, 12:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

you read Goose's posts??

I pick out a few a day. Just to rate them on a lie/smear campaign scale.

Seems like he's promoting discrimination (as some sort of financial advice for the Boy Scouts).

I doubt he'll respond. He usually doesn't when he boxes himself in a corner.

Maybe it's just Mio diner talk...

'Those damn Boy Scouts screwed it all up when they let the gays in...'
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 12:11

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you read Goose's posts??

Seems like he's promoting discrimination (as some sort of financial advice for the Boy Scouts).

If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 502811600

I just glance for his "news" links.. if he has a mainstream media link, I figure he can't come up with a thought on his own, so I just thank him for his service to the online community.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-13, 12:54

This article from the Conservative website that Fox News dipshit Tucker Carlson started is fake news. It cites sharp membership decline since the decisions to allow gay scouts (2012), scoutleaders (2015) and females (2018) from a peak of "over 4 million" to "a claimed 2.3 million at present"

This isn't that hard to figure out but the Gooses of the world eat it up. To be fair I'm sure there are bullshit leftist articles that the lefty Gooses eat up, as well.

I only went back to 2011. At EOY 2011 scout totals were just over 2.7m. 2012 2.7m. 2013 2.7m. 2014 2.4m. I stopped there.

If you want to call reduction in numbers from 2.7m to 2.3m a "sharp decline", I'd say that's a huge stretch. If you want to blame that "sharp decline" on those factors, I'd say that's an even huger stretch. I'd call it being 2018 and there being an ever growing number of other shit to do.

Last edited by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-12-13, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-13, 13:06

Moral of the story: Don't be a Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-12-13, 13:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I pick out a few a day.  Just to rate them on a lie/smear campaign scale.

I doubt he'll respond.  He usually doesn't when he boxes himself in a corner.

I just thank him for his service to the online community.

Wait, you do what? I’m not positive what you’re talking about. Do you have any links to a sample you could provide or something
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-13, 13:27

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you read Goose's posts??

Pretty much this. It’s the drive by. It works, but not hard to get attention on a message board.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-12-13, 13:58

So there's Goose's "blame it on the gays" reasoning, and then there's the "blame it on the pedophiles" reasoning:

Boy Scouts deflects report of bankruptcy prep in face of sexual misconduct litigation

Which is more plausible?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 14:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I just thank him for his service to the online community.

Wait, you do what? I’m not positive what you’re talking about. Do you have any links to a sample you could provide or something
If the Boy Scouts don't integrate troops, then this is stupid. 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-13, 18:26

Heat Miser wrote:So there's Goose's "blame it on the gays" reasoning, and then there's the "blame it on the pedophiles" reasoning:

Boy Scouts deflects report of bankruptcy prep in face of sexual misconduct litigation

Which is more plausible?

Exactly. It's all about money. Or as some dipshit said, being good at business and taking advantage of the bankruptcy laws...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-13, 18:28

In other news the manufacturers of bullwhips declared bankruptcy when slavery was outlawed.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-12-13, 18:36

kingstonlake wrote:In other news the manufacturers of bullwhips declared bankruptcy when slavery was outlawed.....
Then got a second revival when Fifty Shades of Grey was released.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down