Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+28
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
NumbersDude
aualum06
TrapperGus
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
BobSaget
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
AnomanderRake
Turtleneck
32 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Cameron Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 am

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Cameron Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 pm

If we rebranded "abortion" as "killing future democrats," do you think it would get more support?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Cameron wrote:If we rebranded "abortion" as "killing future democrats," do you think it would get more support?
The political hodge podge thread - Page 20 502811600

as we all know, republicans have never been 'pro life' - they might be 'pro birth' - but they don't give a fuck about actual life (other than their own).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Want a good laugh?

[tw]1253420326471385089?s=20[/tw]

Gorka still gets his lunch money taken. He is not fooling anybody.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:32 pm

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:35 am

He used the term “beta cuck”. I didn’t listen after that. What the fuck cam.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:39 am

Rocinante wrote:He used the term “beta cuck”. I didn’t listen after that.  What the fuck cam.
I take it you're not familiar with Kyle Kulinski? He calls Trump a beta cuck because he knows the Trumpers hate it. He's definitely not a MAGA guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:40 am

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/11/22/newsom-faces-new-pressure-to-fill-harris-seat-with-woman-of-color-instead-of-presumed-favorite-1337700

This is how you lose people. Not medicare for all. Padilla is Hispanic in a heavily Hispanic state, but that's not good enough because he's got a wang. Fucking asinine.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:He used the term “beta cuck”. I didn’t listen after that.  What the fuck cam.
I take it you're not familiar with Kyle Kulinski? He calls Trump a beta cuck because he knows the Trumpers hate it. He's definitely not a MAGA guy.

No I’m not familiar with him. I could tell he wasn’t a trumpist, but his general demeanor and that phrase, used ironically or not (and it didn’t seem ironic) turned me the fuck off. He seemed like a total turd. Mr. edgy both sides suck guy.

I value your opinion though, if you could give me a tl;dr on the video, I’d certainly engage.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

No I’m not familiar with him.  I could tell he wasn’t a trumpist, but his general demeanor and that phrase, used ironically or not (and it didn’t seem ironic) turned me the fuck off.  He seemed like a total turd.  Mr. edgy both sides suck guy.  

I value your opinion though, if you could give me a tl;dr on the video, I’d certainly engage.  
Tl;dr Trump is moving some troops around on a faux drawdown type move, but Dems are attacking him from the right for not listening to the military leadership that doesn't want to draw down at all, rather than attacking him from the left by pointing out that these troops are basically just moving to a different part of the middle east, rather than actually being brought home.

I generally like Tammy Duckworth, but she had some asinine comment about withdrawing the troops causing them to come home in body bags, which obviously makes no logical sense at all. Kulinski pointed out that having Duckworth deliver the hawkish message kinda short circuits pushback, given her background.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:27 pm

That's my best recollection, anyway. If I'm being honest, I have not watched the clip sober.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:32 pm

I haven’t looked at the democratic reaction to the supposed drawdown which I doubt will even happen because the trump administration is so fucking disorganized but I agree there is plenty of space for democrats to attack trump without playing that centrist “support the troops” card. Trump proved you can win on an anti-military message. I wish democrats would learn that lesson.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:22 pm

Politico: Why Democrats Keep Losing Rural Counties Like Mine
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Cameron wrote:Politico: Why Democrats Keep Losing Rural Counties Like Mine

So Republicans have been running rural America for quite some time now, but it's the dems that are the problem? Actual empirical evidence vs hypothetical evidence. Something about insanity & doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Sounds like SCummers and the "who can we get better than Harbaugh" arguement.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

So Republicans have been running rural America for quite some time now, but it's the dems that are the problem? Actual empirical evidence  vs hypothetical evidence. Something about insanity & doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Did you read the article?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Having Goose make this thread is my crowning achievement on tBin. I yelled at him enough about changing the subject in other more specific threads that he finally started this hodge podge thread.

You can come back any time Goose. Always welcome... well, as welcome as you can feel in a liberally dominated political board.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Having Goose make this thread is my crowning achievement on tBin. I yelled at him enough about changing the subject in other more specific threads that he finally started this hodge podge thread.

You can come back any time Goose. Always welcome... well, as welcome as you can feel in a liberally dominated political board.
I know Guest is reading our board and the thought of that keeps me warm on cold, winter mornings.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:28 pm

I’d like to get his take on voter fraud, Giuliani and the Trump legal team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

So Republicans have been running rural America for quite some time now, but it's the dems that are the problem? Actual empirical evidence  vs hypothetical evidence. Something about insanity & doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Did you read the article?

Yes I did.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:39 pm

DWags wrote:I’d like to get his take on voter fraud, Giuliani and the Trump legal team.
lemme guess:

- voter fraud is real/the virus is a hoax.

- in accordance with jesus christ and His will, the christian hero has assembled the greatest team of legal minds since the cancellation of Gunsmoke.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:45 am

I wonder what Trump's new AG will do with his/her 30 days in office?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:00 am

They gonna shut down tSwill.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:06 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I wonder what Trump's new AG Sidney Powell will do with her 30 days in office?

FIFY

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I wonder what Trump's new AG Sidney Powell will do with her 30 days in office?

FIFY

We're gonna get da Kraken.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Here's an election challenge that appears to actually be legitimate.

Iowa Democrat challenges defeat with the House

Rita Hart finished six votes behind Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks but says officials in Iowa should've counted 22 ballots that would flip the result.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Here's an election challenge that appears to actually be legitimate.

Rita Hart finished six votes behind Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks but says officials in Iowa should've counted 22 ballots that would flip the result.

Interesting story. Here’s more context. I think she’s doing the right thing, but the editorial board of the Des Moines register seems to think otherwise. There’s a rundown of events to this point though.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/editorials/2020/12/12/iowa-2nd-congressional-district-election-rita-hart-challenge-error-editorial/3875981001/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Also if the democrats in the house don’t back her up because of how it looks, they’re total steves.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Here's an election challenge that appears to actually be legitimate.

Interesting story. Here’s more context. I think she’s doing the right thing, but the editorial board of the Des Moines register seems to think otherwise. There’s a rundown of events to this point though.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/editorials/2020/12/12/iowa-2nd-congressional-district-election-rita-hart-challenge-error-editorial/3875981001/

If the foot was on the other hand an it was an R doing this with an R House, that House would have no problem seating their candidate and everything would be forgotten. Since it's a D though, the opiner here thinks there will be repercussions for years to come.

Perfectly illustrates the difference in the heights the bars are set at for the two parties.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed May 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 am

[tw]1405183917959925771?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 am

Meanwhile, in Florida...

In secret recording, Florida Republican threatens to send Russian-Ukrainian ‘hit squad’ after rival
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:29 pm

Not sure where it belongs, but it's a very good read about the Republican collapse in Oakland County.

‘As Long as the Party Embraces Trump, It’s Going to Have Trouble’
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:04 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Not sure where it belongs, but it's a very good read about the Republican collapse in Oakland County.

‘As Long as the Party Embraces Trump, It’s Going to Have Trouble’
that was a well-written article and the mainstream media needs more of this. I enjoyed the profile of McMorrow and Manoogian - two very impressive ladies who personify what the right wing bigoted, misogynistic hate-machine despise. Bright, educated, successful, independent women.

been saying it all along..

the Democrats are horrible at politics. They're very good at policy and align themselves with a majority of Americans.. but they are horrible at politics.

Because of that, the only thing that will save them will be the GOP continuing to align themselves with the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator who absolute detests America, democracy and traditional American values.

If I'm a Democrat candidate in any race, I can't wait for his bloated, disgusting putrid self to hit the campaign trail next year.. he was impeached twice, lost the House, lost the Senate, lost the White House and ordered a terrorist attack on the US Capitol.

it's like they're actively trying to become the permanent minority. The political hodge podge thread - Page 20 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:06 am

Ron DeSantis' Anti-BLM Protests Law Backfires With Cuban American Protests

On April 29, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed an "anti-riot" bill into law in the wake of civil unrest that took place with George Floyd in 2020. The bill states that protesters could be arrested if a gathering could be considered a riot. Also, it deems blocking a freeway a felony and gives full immunity to persons who drive through protesters that are blocking a roadway.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Ron DeSantis' Anti-BLM Protests Law Backfires With Cuban American Protests

On April 29, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed an "anti-riot" bill into law in the wake of civil unrest that took place with George Floyd in 2020. The bill states that protesters could be arrested if a gathering could be considered a riot. Also, it deems blocking a freeway a felony and gives full immunity to persons who drive through protesters that are blocking a roadway.

It's only illegal if the people protesting are likely to vote against him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Should we start slicing up the Merica map? Feels like it's coming to that. Trumpistan states of Merica and the United States of America?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:36 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Ron DeSantis' Anti-BLM Protests Law Backfires With Cuban American Protests

It's the knee jerk reaction of the racists who run government that comes back to bite you in the ass because they just aren't smart enough to think things all the way through. All these people were thinking was "How do we make black people's lives tougher", then the Cubans who vote republican did something...... ooops.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:47 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Should we start slicing up the Merica map? Feels like it's coming to that. Trumpistan states of Merica and the United States of America?

I'm glad Lincoln and his ilk didn't give up as quickly as you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:25 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Should we start slicing up the Merica map? Feels like it's coming to that. Trumpistan states of Merica and the United States of America?

https://www.amazon.com/American-War-Omar-El-Akkad/dp/0451493583
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:36 pm

Only if Trumpistan takes the UP
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next