Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now?

+3
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Go down

Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now? Empty Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-26, 08:30

from his wheelchair??

Shocked

(CNN)Former president George H.W. Bush has responded after an actress alleged that he touched her inappropriately while he was sitting in his wheelchair during a photo op that took place a few years ago.

don't get me wrong.. I've always admired the elder Bush, seems like a decent man (or did?).. but wtf is going on??

Mainstream Media Link - Proceed With Caution

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-26, 08:58; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now? Empty Re: Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now?

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-26, 08:34

Second accuser came out.

I always liked him too, Im going to chalk this up to he’s off his rocker a bit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now? Empty Re: Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now?

Post by DWags 2017-10-26, 08:46

steveschneider wrote:Second accuser came out.

For god's sake, just keep him away from people.  He's probably not of the mind he's doing anything bad.   I never liked his politics or his kids politics, but I think they're probably pretty decent people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-26, 08:46

What was she wearing? - Goose
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-26, 08:59

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Second accuser came out.

For god's sake, just keep him away from people.  He's probably not of the mind he's doing anything bad.   I never liked his politics or his kids politics, but I think they're probably pretty decent people.
from his spokesperson:

"At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures," McGrath said. "To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women's rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely."

I mean, ya know.. c'mon, dude - you can't do that.....Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-26, 08:59

Yeah, bad look for him but Jesus from the reports it looks like his wife knows he does this and just rolls her eyes. So why bother putting him out there for this?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-26, 09:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

from his spokesperson:

"At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures," McGrath said. "To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women's rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely."

I mean, ya know.. c'mon, dude - you can't do that.....Wait a Sec - George H. W. Bush Is Sexually Harassing Women Now? 2599972566

At this stage are we really sure he "knows"?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-26, 09:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

from his spokesperson:

Agree, but I put some blame on his handlers.  I mean, my Grandma on my mom's side lived with us when she was in her 90's.  No way should you put them in certain social situations.  Handlers need to be more careful.  (Not excusing the behavior, but I'm 100 percent sure his handlers know he's doing that shit, so why put him in a situation that he makes an ass of himself and is offensive to people?)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-26, 09:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

from his spokesperson:

Nope you can’t. Who knows maybe he is a predator, But it could also just be the mind has gone a bit or he’s on strong meds. Still inappropriate behavior but my hunch is the younger George HW Bush never does this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-26, 09:16

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: from his spokesperson:

Nope you can’t. Who knows maybe he is a predator, But it could also just be the mind has gone a bit or he’s on strong meds. Still inappropriate behavior but my hunch is the younger George HW Bush never does this.

Oh...I bet after a few pops, he might.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-26, 09:32

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Oh...I bet after a few pops, he might.

They let him drink? I hope my kids let me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-26, 10:48

NigelUno wrote:What was she wearing? - Goose

Heh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-26, 14:09

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
from his spokesperson:

Agree, but I put some blame on his handlers.  I mean, my Grandma on my mom's side lived with us when she was in her 90's.  No way should you put them in certain social situations.  Handlers need to be more careful.  (Not excusing the behavior, but I'm 100 percent sure his handlers know he's doing that shit, so why put him in a situation that he makes an ass of himself and is offensive to people?)

He's been doing it for decades and Jeb thought it was cute. Interesting that you're willing to defend/excuse him while time after time blistering Trump for SAYING he could grab them by the pussy. So I guess HW Bush actually ass grabbing and Bill Clinton's actual serial sexual assaults are not as offensive as Trump's words? Gotcha.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/10/ex-prez-hw-bush-accused-of-ass-grabbing.html

But an older man may think he has Old Man Privilege and that it's cool for him to show he's still got some life in him and everyone will think it's just fine if he forthrightly gropes the ass. HW Bush's apology calls it an "attempt at humor."

I remember something Jeb Bush said back in July 2015, when his father was in the hospital: "[My] dad gets in the hospital kind of pretty regularly at 91, he's a little frail. But when he starts telling semi-dirty jokes to the nurse, we know he's on the rebound." I quoted that in a post titled "Jeb Bush has a tin ear for sexism" and said:
Apparently, Jeb thinks the old sexy nurse trope works today. The audience warmly chuckles, and Jeb thinks he's cute, because his dad is so old and sweet. But that doesn't play with me or, I suspect, with many modern women. Old men in the hospital leering at the nurses. Ugh!

I liked Mika this morning on MorningJoe defending Halperin as the accusations being "old" and from "unnamed sources" as if that's ever made a difference when the accused wasn't an "old friend".....

And Of course the elephant in the room for Dems since he's still talking about running in 2020

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/279279/

Maybe by then this whole sexual harassment thing will have died down. Flashback: Biden Swims Naked, Upsetting Female Secret Service Agents:

“Agents say that, whether at the vice president’s residence or at his home in Delaware, Biden has a habit of swimming in his pool nude,” Kessler writes in the book – due for release Aug. 5.

“Female Secret Service agents find that offensive,” he writes.

“Biden likes to be revered as everyday Joe,” an unnamed agent told Kessler. “But the reality is no agents want to go on his detail because Biden makes agents’ lives so tough.”

Plus: Washington Post: What Are We Going To Do About Creepy Uncle Joe Biden?

And: ‘Creepy Veep’ Joe Biden ‘nuzzles’ wife of colleague and claims he is friends with lots of Somali cab drivers.

Also: Joe Biden’s Woman-Touching Habit.

Related: Talking Points Memo: Why Does Creepy Uncle Joe Biden Get A Pass From Liberals?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-26, 14:13

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

He's been doing it for decades and Jeb thought it was cute.   Interesting that you're willing to defend/excuse him while time after time blistering Trump for SAYING he could grab them by the pussy.   So I guess HW Bush actually ass grabbing and Bill Clinton's actual serial  sexual assaults are not as offensive as Trump's words?   Gotcha.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/10/ex-prez-hw-bush-accused-of-ass-grabbing.html

But an older man may think he has Old Man Privilege and that it's cool for him to show he's still got some life in him and everyone will think it's just fine if he forthrightly gropes the ass. HW Bush's apology calls it an "attempt at humor."

I remember something Jeb Bush said back in July 2015, when his father was in the hospital: "[My] dad gets in the hospital kind of pretty regularly at 91, he's a little frail. But when he starts telling semi-dirty jokes to the nurse, we know he's on the rebound." I quoted that in a post titled "Jeb Bush has a tin ear for sexism" and said:
Apparently, Jeb thinks the old sexy nurse trope works today. The audience warmly chuckles, and Jeb thinks he's cute, because his dad is so old and sweet. But that doesn't play with me or, I suspect, with many modern women. Old men in the hospital leering at the nurses. Ugh!

I liked Mika this morning on MorningJoe defending Halperin as the accusations being "old" and from "unnamed sources" as if that's ever made a difference when the accused wasn't an "old friend".....

And Of course the elephant in the room for Dems since he's still talking about running in 2020

Maybe by then this whole sexual harassment thing will have died down. Flashback: Biden Swims Naked, Upsetting Female Secret Service Agents:

“Agents say that, whether at the vice president’s residence or at his home in Delaware, Biden has a habit of swimming in his pool nude,” Kessler writes in the book – due for release Aug. 5.

“Biden likes to be revered as everyday Joe,” an unnamed agent told Kessler. “But the reality is no agents want to go on his detail because Biden makes agents’ lives so tough.”

And: ‘Creepy Veep’ Joe Biden ‘nuzzles’ wife of colleague and claims he is friends with lots of Somali cab drivers.

Related: Talking Points Memo: Why Does Creepy Uncle Joe Biden Get A Pass From Liberals?
not sure why you're taking up for the racist, bigoted sexual predator (unless your motive is purely political) - he's on record as bragging about sexual assaulting women.

you don't have to like that he's an admitted sexual predator.. and talks about dating 10 year old girls.. but that doesn't make it untrue.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-26, 14:26

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

He's been doing it for decades and Jeb thought it was cute.   Interesting that you're willing to defend/excuse him while time after time blistering Trump for SAYING he could grab them by the pussy.   So I guess HW Bush actually ass grabbing and Bill Clinton's actual serial  sexual assaults are not as offensive as Trump's words?   Gotcha.

Goose, Please understand, I'm not defending or excusing that behavior.  If, as you said, he's been doing it for decades, he should have been locked up long ago.  I didn't have that information.  I'm thinking this man was like my Grandmother, who didn't know where she was half the time in her last few years.   It's why I was blaming his handlers.  If he's guilty then prosecute him and throw him in jail.

I was defending him based on my grandmothers dementia.  That was it.  If he's been at it for decades.  Throw the book at him.

Also, I'm glad you think Trump should now be in jail. 

Finally.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-26, 14:31

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Goose, Please understand, I'm not defending or excusing that behavior.  If, as you said, he's been doing it for decades, he should have been locked up long ago.  I didn't have that information.  I'm thinking this man was like my Grandmother, who didn't know where she was half the time in her last few years.   It's why I was blaming his handlers.  If he's guilty then prosecute him and throw him in jail.

I was defending him based on my grandmothers dementia.  That was it.  If he's been at it for decades.  Throw the book at him.

Finally.
did I miss where Goose thinks the racist, bigoted sexual predator should be in jail?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-26, 15:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Finally.
did I miss where Goose thinks the racist, bigoted sexual predator should be in jail?

I made an inference based on his last post.  Are you saying I shouldn't have?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-26, 15:18

I still don't get how anyone thinks it's okay to grab ass or pussy. That's elementary school level knowledge. I can understand how being around attractive women may let a person's mind wander to lusty thoughts, but that's it. That's as far as it's allowed to go. Fantasize all you want, but show some basic self control and keep your fucking wandering hands to yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-26, 15:28

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Wait...what?

A lady accused Bush of touching her.  Haven't several women accused Trump of sexual assault?  It's not just that he SAID that he grabbed them by the pussy.  That's not true.  Why are you overlooking that fact?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-26, 15:37

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I made an inference based on his last post.  Are you saying I shouldn't have?
I don't know - but just throwing the sexual predator into jail doesn't seem like the same Goose I've grown to know and love.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down