Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!! GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!!

4 posters

Go down

THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!!  GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!! Empty THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!! GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!!

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-14, 17:15

I think Duke has the edge with their starters, but MSU has an edge with depth/bench.

I'm going to to go with Langford as a wild card guy who steps it up.

But...I could be wrong.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2017-11-14, 18:16; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!!  GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!! Empty Re: THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!! GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!!

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-14, 17:20

I hope you're not wrong about the Langford part. Love to see him running down the wing and taking it straight to the basket.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!!  GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!! Empty Re: THE Game - #1 vs. #2!!! GAMEDAY IS ON NOW!!!

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-14, 17:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:I hope you're not wrong about the Langford part. Love to see him running down the wing and taking it straight to the basket.

That's the strength of his game. He's strong as hell and can finish. Seems to be more aggressive taking the ball to the rim so far (early this year).

Would be nice to see McQuaid knock down 3-4 3's as well.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-14, 17:41

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I hope you're not wrong about the Langford part. Love to see him running down the wing and taking it straight to the basket.

That's the strength of his game. He's strong as hell and can finish. Seems to be more aggressive taking the ball to the rim so far (early this year).

Would be nice to see McQuaid knock down 3-4 3's as well.

Yep, Langford did it at least once last Friday and it's a think of beauty.

I'm still worried about McQ, chalked last year up to dealing with the off-season injuries but the few shots I saw him take against North Florida were not of the good variety.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-14, 18:12

gHost Spartan wrote:Thanks for starting this thread Nigel I didn't see anything about tonight's game on the front page.

Guys!!!  Look!!!

ghost is here!!!  Thought he was out working on his film.

Hi ghost!

Any thoughts on the game?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-14, 18:29

The Ultimate (not-so-scientific) Champions Classic rankings

4. Michigan State Spartans

TOTAL POINTS: 22

Current talent (2nd): Miles Bridges was the consensus preseason national player of the year after he rejected millions at the next level to return to East Lansing. A healthy Michigan State squad is the Big Ten favorite and contender to win Tom Izzo's second national title.

Legacy (4th): The statue of Magic Johnson outside the Breslin Center is the strongest symbol of the program's legacy. That 1979 national championship under Jud Heathcote kicked off a string of success for the Spartans in the following decades.

Mascot (1st): Has anyone tested Sparty for PEDs? He's obviously using something.

Recruiting (4th): Izzo is not the biggest draw of one-and-done talent on this list, but his 2018 class is ranked within the top 10 on ESPN.com. He finds the right players for his system, regardless of ranking, and helps them evolve into high-level players.

Uniforms (3rd): The white jerseys with the green lettering are bad, man. Like, bad as in good.

Success in the one-and-done era (4th): Michigan State has reached three Final Fours and won three Big Ten championships since 2009. But the Spartans are the only team in Chicago without a national title in the one-and-done era.

Head coach (2nd): Izzo has led Michigan State to seven Final Fours and a 2000 national championship. He has also turned gems such as Denzel Valentine (ranked 98th in his class) and Draymond Green (ranked 36th in his class) into first team All-Americans.

Staff (4th): Dwayne Stephens, associate head coach, has helped the Spartans finish in the top 50 in offensive rebounding rate eight times since 2005, per KenPom.com. And the previous head-coaching experience of assistants Dane Fife and Mike Garland enhances the entire program.

Fans (2nd): They're respectful before the game, but they'll talk about your girlfriend and her mama when you're at the free throw line. Yeah, they love their Spartans, but they're also the first ones to admit when the team missed the mark.

Home venue (4th): The bass player with the school band is perfect for the funky environment at the Breslin Center. Toward the end of tight games, no place in the country is more hectic.

NBA Alumni (3rd): The greatest point guard in NBA history anchors this group. But after Johnson, Michigan State also sent Steve Smith, Morris Peterson, Zach Randolph, Jason Richardson and Green to the league.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-14, 18:30

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Guys!!!  Look!!!

ghost is here!!!  Thought he was out working on his film.

Hi ghost!

Nigel, I actually based the loner character on you. Would you like to read for the part?

Aren't you the guy that just drove from NJ to Ohio and back by yourself?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-14, 18:59

Coach K on MSU: They're old now, they have old guys, they're old.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-11-14, 18:59

Late line movement towards us. Closes at MSU -1/157.5
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-14, 19:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:Coach K on MSU: They're old now, they have old guys, they're old.
I heard that. Coach k is fucking old. Douchebag.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-14, 19:25

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Coach K on MSU: They're old now, they have old guys, they're old.
I heard that. Coach k is fucking old. Douchebag.

+1
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down