Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s for dinner at your thanksgiving?

+11
Izzo Court
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Dendrobates
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What’s for dinner at your thanksgiving? - Page 2 Empty Re: What’s for dinner at your thanksgiving?

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-17, 20:27

Pantry: Your mashed rutabaga is just served straight up, with no added herbs, spices, or whatnot? Might have to try that with dinner in the next few weeks.

Dendro: Haven't had parsnips often, but when I have, they were good. These are vegetables I avoided as a kid, and I'm just now coming back around to seeing if I like them. Plus, it's fun to try cooking this stuff beyond the traditional ways. Boil and serve? Pass.

I still hate lima beans, though.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What’s for dinner at your thanksgiving? - Page 2 Empty Re: What’s for dinner at your thanksgiving?

Post by The Pantry 2017-11-17, 22:06

tGreenWay wrote:Pantry: Your mashed rutabaga is just served straight up, with no added herbs, spices, or whatnot? Might have to try that with dinner in the next few weeks.

Dendro: Haven't had parsnips often, but when I have, they were good. These are vegetables I avoided as a kid, and I'm just now coming back around to seeing if I like them. Plus, it's fun to try cooking this stuff beyond the traditional ways. Boil and serve? Pass.

Rutabaga is pretty tasty. Has elements both sweet and bitter with neither being strong. Far more inherent flavor than a potato. So much you don't need to add much to it except sea salt and maybe a little black pepper. Add a little butter and it will make you wish restaurants served mashed rutabaga instead of mashed potato as a side. And again, it is the key ingredient to making a righteous beef pasty.

Parsnips are great. Lima beans too.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-11-17, 22:14

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, 7 layer salad, and green bean casserole. The seven layer salad is a beautiful piece of art. Appetizers are always on point with lil weenies, meatballs, giant shrimp, assortment of cheese and olives. Fuck now I am hungry
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-17, 22:21

Olives suck matty.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-11-17, 22:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Olives suck matty.

Steers and queers don’t like olives and you don't look much like a steer so that sorta narrows it down a bit
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-17, 22:32

Dumb
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-17, 22:32

MattyFresh wrote:

Steers and queers don’t like olives and you don't look much like a steer so that sorta narrows it down a bit

I am not good at riddles.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-11-17, 22:56

Sounds like you need a good martini. All gin and three olives.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-17, 23:07

OTPT is right again. Olives are disgusting. All of them.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-11-17, 23:17

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT is right again. Olives are disgusting. All of them.
You're clearly out of your vegetarian head. They grow on trees for christsakes.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-17, 23:18

They’re disgusting.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-17, 23:23

I’m pretty sure olives are meat
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-17, 23:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m pretty sure olives are meat

Pretty sure they are small pieces of shit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-17, 23:50

Do you guys ever stop and think “does otpt get sick of being right all the time?”
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-17, 23:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Do you guys ever stop and think “does otpt get sick of being right all the time?”

Yeah
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-18, 00:02

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Pantry: Your mashed rutabaga is just served straight up, with no added herbs, spices, or whatnot? Might have to try that with dinner in the next few weeks.

Rutabaga is pretty tasty. Has elements both sweet and bitter with neither being strong. Far more inherent flavor than a potato. So much you don't need to add much to it except sea salt and maybe a little black pepper. Add a little butter and it will make you wish restaurants served mashed rutabaga instead of mashed potato as a side. And again, it is the key ingredient to making a righteous beef pasty.

Parsnips are great. Lima beans too.

Easy to imagine how butter would complement rutabaga better than mashing/mixing with olive oil, but that may be because I remember only the slight bitterness of it. Good call on the sea salt.

Parsnips, yes. Lima beans, not yet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-11-18, 00:15

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m pretty sure olives are meat

Pretty sure they are small pieces of shit.
Sounds like another of your irrational fears. Ever try washing them down with raw milk?

Do you like mushrooms? Truffles?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-18, 00:19

I might make an apple pie. I will be smoking the turkey in my parent's driveway. I will butterfly/spatchcock it. It will be good. My buddy will come over and my wife will help his kids and ours and my nephews make gingerbread houses. He and I will drink some beers. Should be a real good time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-18, 00:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I mostly think about you in the shower.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-18, 00:27

For the sake of clarification do you think about OTPT while you're in the shower or do you think about OTPT taking a shower when you're not in the shower or is it a sometimes both type of thing?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-18, 00:35

What’s for dinner at your thanksgiving? - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-18, 00:46

Turtleneck needed a few minutes away from the board.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-11-18, 09:48

tGreenWay wrote:Pantry: Your mashed rutabaga is just served straight up, with no added herbs, spices, or whatnot?  Might have to try that with dinner in the next few weeks.

I always try things I don’t like each year to see if I do like them. Interesting how the do change.

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Pantry: Your mashed rutabaga is just served straight up, with no added herbs, spices, or whatnot?  Might have to try that with dinner in the next few weeks.

Rutabaga is pretty tasty.   Has elements both sweet and bitter with neither being strong.     Far more inherent flavor than a potato.  So much you don't need to add much to it except sea salt and maybe a little black pepper.   Add a little butter and it will make you wish restaurants served mashed rutabaga instead of mashed potato as a side.  And again, it is the key ingredient to making a righteous beef pasty.  

Parsnips are great.  Lima beans too.

The mashed rutabaga sounds really good. And I’ve never had rutabaga before. So I am going to give this a shot sometime soon.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-18, 12:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For the sake of clarification do you think about OTPT while you're in the shower or do you think about OTPT taking a shower when you're not in the shower or is it a sometimes both type of thing?

Mostly when I am in the shower, WBH.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2