Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games

+15
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Herbie Green
Dr Draymond
Stoops21
SawGreen
The Pantry
Larry Kazamias
Rodney Ruxin
PolskaSpartan
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
LoneWolfSparty
Giant Moose
Izzo Court
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games Empty A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games

Post by Izzo Court 2014-06-13, 11:58

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-grown-ass-mans-guide-to-super-hard-old-nintendo-games-1589497700/all?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games Empty Re: A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-13, 12:05

There's no doubt Tyson was crazy hard to beat like he said, but he couldn't beat him as a kid? Really? Sure, Tyson probably beat me like 200 times but I think I beat him probably at least 10+ times back in the day.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games Empty Re: A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games

Post by Izzo Court 2014-06-13, 12:08

He's forgetting that all the cool kids had a subscription to Nintendo Power which would walk you through games including Mike Tyson's Punchout while biting off an ear and raping a bitch.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-13, 12:14

R.C. Pro Am was the best Nintendo game ever!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-06-13, 12:16

I can't remember if I beat Tyson or not. Master blaster was my nemesis. I spent a whole weekend at a friend's house, I don't think you could save, and made it to the final boss with one life left or something. List amd had to start all over. I think it scarred me. Goonies was tough as well. Most games took me three days or less to beat. My friends and I figured out before Xmas, which games to ask for so none of us got the same thing.

Ghost n goblins is another I didn't beat.

Beating old NES games were so tough that everyone in your class New if you beat a tough game or had a big accomplishment.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-13, 12:19

Izzo Court wrote:He's forgetting that all the cool kids had a subscription to Nintendo Power which would walk you through games including Mike Tyson's Punchout while biting off an ear and raping a bitch.
I think that's where I got the code to directly fight Tyson instead of having to fight all the others, which was great because I got my ass handed to me often by Soda Popinksi. I hated that guy.  A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games 502811600 

A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games 1692805-sodapopinski
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-06-13, 12:22

LoneWolfSparty wrote:R.C. Pro Am was the best Nintendo game ever!

RC was cool.

I'd go with RBI Baseball for sports games---Link, Metroid or Mario Bros 2 for adventure games.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-06-13, 12:23

InTenSity wrote:I can't remember if I beat Tyson or not. Master blaster was my nemesis. I spent a whole weekend at a friend's house, I don't think you could save, and made it to the final boss with one life left or something. List amd had to start all over. I think it scarred me. Goonies was tough as well. Most games took me three days or less to beat. My friends and I figured out before Xmas, which games to ask for so none of us got the same thing.

Ghost n goblins is another I didn't beat.

Beating old NES games were so tough that everyone in your class New if you beat a tough game or had a big accomplishment.

This is 100% true!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-13, 12:25

CheesySpartan wrote:

RC was cool.

I'd go with RBI Baseball for sports games---Link, Metroid or Mario Bros 2 for adventure games.

Spent a lot of time on Golgo 13. Also, Bionic Commando was played a lot.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-06-13, 15:16

http://nintendo8.com/

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PolskaSpartan 2014-06-13, 18:37

Giant Moose wrote:
I think that's where I got the code to directly fight Tyson instead of having to fight all the others, which was great because I got my ass handed to me often by Soda Popinksi. I hated that guy.  A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games 502811600 

F that bitch. I used to be kind of a spaz when I was a kid, and when that fucker came up to the screen and laughed in your face it definitely led to a couple thrown controllers (or various other violence to physical objects). I mean most of them laughed at you, but his was worse. Though he's now one of my favorites because all his speech is based on the non-PC "Vodka Drunkenski" character in the original arcade.

I ended up beating the game a handful of times as a kid, didn't use codes.

The strangest thing is, even with the reaction time required, I've played the game, drunk, in the last few years at my cousin's place, and can make it all the way to Tyson without losing. Must be long-asleep muscle memory or something.
PolskaSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Ruxin 2014-06-13, 20:40

Giant Moose wrote:

A Grown-Ass Man's Guide To Super-Hard Old Nintendo Games Pop

Rodney Ruxin
Rodney Ruxin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-06-13, 21:24

LoneWolfSparty wrote:R.C. Pro Am was the best Nintendo game ever!
There were few games that were as wildly out of control as the fastest level of cars on that game.  Excellent game.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-06-13, 21:49

True grown-ass men are older than Nintendo and never played it
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-06-13, 21:54

I'll leave this here...

http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-06-13, 22:00

Nobody will believe me but my roommate in college was a freak when it came to older video games. Mike Tyson punch out was no exception. I watched him beat Tyson 5 times in a row. Made it look easy. Craziest shit I have ever seen.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Draymond 2014-06-14, 04:54

Ugh, when I opened the link and saw the TMNT picture, I let out a groan. That game was way too f-ing hard. I could get in to the Technodrome level, which is farther than any of my friends. But it was impossible.

Never could beat that Battletoads hoverboard level either. Like the article said, for all I know, it could be an infinite loop.
Dr Draymond
Dr Draymond
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-10, 09:48

"Gosh, It's Beautiful."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-10, 09:50

Wow, look at all these posters that left this place
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-10, 09:52

Herbie Green wrote:Wow, look at all these posters that left this place

Yep, once Bob, Blanch and the other jackasses showed up and it became the same old, same old. Good to see you doing your part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-10, 10:05

LooseGoose wrote:

Yep, once Bob, Blanch and the other jackasses showed up and it became the same old, same old. Good to see you doing your part.

You are full of shit. If you can't see the problem then you are likely a part of it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-10, 10:05

Thankstk o you and the other disiphits that surn this board now you mornios
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-10, 10:06

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You are full of shit. If you can't see the problem then you are likely a part of it.

Gonna use the "If you can't see the forest through the trees" line again?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-10, 10:08

Loose is a black mark on this board.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-10, 10:09

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

If you don't see that all of those people gave this place a chance early on because they wanted something new.....then they found out that it was the same old shit only with no moderation at all.....and they left. It's pretty simple story, I'd think even you could understand it.

If the jackasses had been weeded out of here from Day 1 this board would be the largest MSU board on the net today. They weren't and it isn't.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-10, 10:11

Sorry they did not make tSwill a safe space.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-10, 10:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

If you don't see that all of those people gave this place a chance early on because they wanted something new.....then they found out that it was the same old shit only with no moderation at all.....and they left. It's pretty simple story, I'd think even you could understand it.

If the jackasses had been weeded out of here from Day 1 this board would be the largest MSU board on the net today. They weren't and it isn't.

No, you spent the first six months talking about board politics and badges with Nigel leading the charge and the place quickly turned into a morgue.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-10, 10:31

holy fuck what a bunch of whiners. apparently goose is inside the head of these random posters.

I thought we were past the whole "how is the swill doing" stage? it's a message board - almost 3 years old - post if you like, if not, don't. 24/7 is right there.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-10, 10:41

If we got rid of me and all the problem posters that could really prove me wrong about this.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-12-10, 10:44

Dr Draymond wrote:Ugh, when I opened the link and saw the TMNT picture, I let out a groan. That game was way too f-ing hard. I could get in to the Technodrome level, which is farther than any of my friends. But it was impossible.

Never could beat that Battletoads hoverboard level either. Like the article said, for all I know, it could be an infinite loop.

Made it once to the technodrome
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-10, 10:53

Actually, 36% of the posters above you are still active participants. Two more, although not active on a daily or weekly basis, were posting as of this fall, which is over two years after this thread was created. If you consider those two posters to be active, then the number jumps to 55%. If you subtract Moose, since he did not voluntarily leave, 60% of the posters above you are still posting here.

So now that we have broken it down, what was your point?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-10, 10:59

Herbie Green wrote:If we got rid of me and all the problem posters that could really prove me wrong about this.

Look who is making yet another thread about themselves. And this moron wonders where all the other posters went. Kind of obvious simpleton.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2016-12-10, 10:59

LooseGoose wrote:

Just curious why do you guys let bob stay around? I know I suck but his material is the same in every thread since the beginning of time
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-10, 11:01

Stoops21 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Just curious why do you guys let bob stay around? I know I suck but his material is the same in every thread since the beginning of time

You answered your own question.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-10, 11:07

Turtleneck wrote:

Actually, 36% of the posters above you are still active participants. Two more, although not active on a daily or weekly basis, were posting as of this fall, which is over two years after this thread was created. If you consider those two posters to be active, then the number jumps to 55%. If you subtract Moose, since he did not voluntarily leave, 60% of the posters above you are still posting here.

So now that we have broken it down, what was your point?

What percent of them were banned? Sorry, I was just making a general observation and didn't do a statistical study to back it up. Yet Goose felt it necessary to personally attack me. You bet your ass I am going to fire
back. Sorry if your safe places have been violated but you know I won't back down.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-10, 11:11

Stoops21 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yep, once Bob, Blanch and the other jackasses showed up and it became the same old, same old.   Good to see you doing your part.

no one has really got banned here outside of moose, also a random night or two a year when dwags/wbh are drunk and ban mr. lebowski for race baiting. sd265 asked for his account to be deleted.

the place was built because of over moderation.. and a lot of "grown ass adults"  are dying to have that back because they can't handle the internet. good thing SRC has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't let the noise get to him.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-10, 11:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Stoops21 wrote:

no one has really got banned here outside of moose, also a random night or two a year when dwags/wbh are drunk and ban mr. lebowski for race baiting. sd265 asked for his account to be deleted.

the place was built because of over moderation.. and a lot of "grown ass adults"  are dying to have that back because they can't handle the internet. good thing SRC has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't let the noise get to him.

I was banned by Travis, OTPT. So was X. There have been a lot of bans. Most of them go unnoticed. When a poster is banned rarely is there another poster to point out they are missing. X and I were lucky that others spoke up for us. I bet a lot of posters have been disappeared by mods, OTPT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-10, 11:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:If we got rid of me and all the problem posters that could really prove me wrong about this.

Look who is making yet another thread about themselves. And this moron wonders where all the other posters went. Kind of obvious simpleton.

Herbie straight up hijacked this thread, like he does countless others. He is the problem.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-10, 11:54

Death Roe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Herbie straight up hijacked this thread, like he does countless others. He is the problem.

tSwill has herbies.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-10, 11:56

Death Roe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Death Roe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I would post several more replies about it and then start a new thread about it both here and on tBob.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next