Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LJ Scott

+17
duffy munn
MiamiSpartan
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
Clarett's Folly
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
DWags
SawGreen
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LJ Scott Empty LJ Scott

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 pm

I think there were a couple of very subtle things Coach D said in his post game today. I think LJ is 100% gone. I know....fumble issues and whatnot....but I will go on record. I would be absolutely shocked if he comes back next year. I'm like 95/5 on this. I hope he drops some weight and tests well at the Combine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

LJ Scott Empty Re: LJ Scott

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

What kinda things did he say wbh?

I think him leaving is a bad idea on the same level as when Edwin Baker left early (it was him I’m thinking of right?) but maybe it’s just our offensive line that makes it seem that way.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher can you please ban WhiteBoyHatcher next time he does this and doesn't provide a url?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What kinda things did he say wbh?

I think him leaving is a bad idea on the same level as when Edwin Baker left early (it was him I’m thinking of right?) but maybe it’s just our offensive line that makes it seem that way.

“This is LJ Scott’s last season at MSU.”

It did not seem that subtle to me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What kinda things did he say wbh?

“This is LJ Scott’s last season at MSU.”

It did not seem that subtle to me.

No that’s not very subtle turtleneck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 am

It’s not. WBH has a weird definition of subtle.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:27 am

Learn how to block.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:56 am

Graham Couch‏ Verified account @Graham_Couch   6 hours ago
Mark Dantonio described LJ Scott's performance as "a good point to launch from." Scott will have to decide where he wants to launch to. He reminded us Saturday that he's an NFL back. Column.

Couch: LJ Scott ran like he was playing his last game at Spartan Stadium
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:43 am

LJ makes me nervous in a bad way every time he touches the ball, especially when it's raining.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:22 am

Floyd Robertson wrote: Graham Couch‏ Verified account @Graham_Couch   6 hours ago
Mark Dantonio described LJ Scott's performance as "a good point to launch from." Scott will have to decide where he wants to launch to. He reminded us Saturday that he's an NFL back. Column.

Yeah that was the one that got my ears perked up. I also don't really think he has much more to gain by coming back. He could go the entire year without fumbling and I'm not sure the ball security concerns would go away in the mind of scouts. If he rushes for 2k yards next year I'm not sure that bumps his stock much higher than another year of wear downgrades it.

The single biggest bump to his drat stock is going to be how he tests and runs in workouts. He probably needs to drop 15-20 lbs and work on his 40 time.

I just think he always planned on going after this year and when weighing the pros and cons he is likely gonezo.

Selfishly I def hope he comes back because he would be a huge asset.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:30 am

He gone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote: Graham Couch‏ Verified account @Graham_Couch   6 hours ago

Yeah that was the one that got my ears perked up. I also don't really think he has much more to gain by coming back. He could go the entire year without fumbling and I'm not sure the ball security concerns would go away in the mind of scouts. If he rushes for 2k yards next year I'm not sure that bumps his stock much higher than another year of wear downgrades it.

The single biggest bump to his drat stock is going to be how he tests and runs in workouts. He probably needs to drop 15-20 lbs and work on his 40 time.

I just think he always planned on going after this year and when weighing the pros and cons he is likely gonezo.

My mindset is that any kid that can be taken in the first 3 rounds should split. Good for them and good for recruiting. Keep the turnstile going.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 pm

We all made our own decisions. He’ll make his. I don’t think NFL GM’s would want 300 plus carries on his body, which would happen next year. LeVeon saved himself from that beating by going earlier too.

Good luck to him whatever he chooses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 pm

SawGreen wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

My mindset is that any kid that can be taken in the first 3 rounds should split. Good for them and good for recruiting. Keep the turnstile going.

Only difference in my mind is possibly QB since the game is designed to protect them and I would weigh more options with them...but RBs need to get out when they can
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Man, I wish we had a couple of barnburners coming in. Can we get Weber to transfer from Columbus to EL? I'm willing to make the initial contact, I always carry $5 or $10 in my pocket. That should be enough to show him I mean business.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm

We lost LeVeon we found Langford. I'm sure the next stud RB is already on the roster. My money is on Heyward.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:We lost LeVeon we found Langford. I'm sure the next stud RB is already on the roster. My money is on Heyward.

IDK enough about Heyward; I hope you're right. Damn, the roster is light on RBs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 am

Not that this means anything definitively but...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbsrv3BlF64/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:We lost LeVeon we found Langford. I'm sure the next stud RB is already on the roster. My money is on Heyward.

IDK enough about Heyward; I hope you're right. Damn, the roster is light on RBs.

Doesn't matter. Lewerke is gonna pass for 5000 yards next year. AIR RAID BITCHES!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:38 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not that this means anything definitively but...

NFL starts in September too.....I think he's swerving people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:40 am

If he’s in Spring ball, I’ll think about him being here till then, he’s gone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 am

Got no problem with kids going early if they're 3rd rounders or better. LJ is at best a 5th rounder.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Got no problem with kids going early if they're 3rd rounders or better. LJ is at best a 5th rounder.

Agree. He is a late round pick. But that probably doesn't change whether he comes back or not.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 am

Nordic wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Got no problem with kids going early if they're 3rd rounders or better. LJ is at best a 5th rounder.

Agree. He is a late round pick. But that probably doesn't change whether he comes back or not.

It's a business decision of course but 3rd round picks are usually guaranteed 2 yrs because GM's don't want to look stupid by cutting a high draft choice. 5th rounders struggle to make teams.

3rd rd rbs get 4 year deals around $3.2 million with about $750k guaranteed. Plus they tend to stick around.

5th rounders get 4 years / $2.6 million with $250k guaranteed (if they make the squad).
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 am

This got me thinking, is Langford still in the NFL?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am

I think he's still on the Ravens practice squad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 am

Love the kid. But no need to panic. We will reload. Every time we lose a great back, people panic. Sedrick Irvin. TJ Duckett. Le'Veon Bell. If LJ goes add him to the list. The next man up will make us forget him.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:29 am

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not that this means anything definitively but...

NFL starts in September too.....I think he's swerving people.
Then why would he say last game until September, if he wasn't talking about at Spartan Stadium? He still has 2 games left to play this year, unless he quit the team since Saturday.

I do agree that he's just toying with people, though, and put zero stock either way in these kinds of little social media hints. Athletes and celebs love to post vague, cryptic things on social media so to get the numpties all worked up. Can't blame him, I'd do it if I had any degree of fame.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:LJ is awesome. Let's just hope everything works out great for him. Thoughts and prayers

LJ Scott 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

This is exactly what Le'Veon did and look at him now. Which begs the question: if these guys are going to be so much faster and better minus 15-20lbs, why do they wait for the NFL draft to lose the weight and change their bodies?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

This is exactly what Le'Veon did and look at him now. Which begs the question: if these guys are going to be so much faster and better minus 15-20lbs, why do they wait for the NFL draft to lose the weight and change their bodies?

Because that's when they're getting paid?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 pm

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

My guess is that's when they can hire a combine workout guru, when they dont' have to go to class, when they get off the dorm food carbs and they just live and eat workouts and nutrition.  Though it's a pretty tight ship during college, there is a ton of down time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

My guess is that's when they can hire a combine workout guru, when they dont' have to go to class, when they get off the dorm food carbs and they just live and eat workouts and nutrition.  Though it's a pretty tight ship during college, there is a ton of down time.

All good points.

But it seems like this could be done in one summer. I mean, Le'veon did it pretty fast.

I guess what I'm wondering is does Ken Mannie advocate that our backs be bigger? Because if lean and fast is better, why not make it a priority from day one?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

This probably a big part of it.

The Le'veon weight loss is also a bit overblown. He weighed 230lbs at the combine.He was probably 10lbs heavier his Jr year.

LJ is a similar back. He definitely mimics his style. But he is not a big as Bell. He could still trim 10lbs with the right dedicated workout program for the combine. Buy would be 215-220 range... not 230.

There is also a big difference between 18 year olds, 22 year olds and 28 year olds in terms of body development and composition. Most males are going to naturally add strength and muscle mass through their late 20s.

Also in order to add mass/maximize muscle growth you have to over eat. If you don't dial it in to the exact calorie (which is impossible), you will either add fat or not maximize muscle growth. You can then trim the fat. Expecting LJ or any player to come in and be a finished product physically is not realistic.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

This probably a big part of it.

The Le'veon weight loss is also a bit overblown. He weighed 230lbs at the combine.He was probably 10lbs heavier his Jr year.

LJ is a similar back. He definitely mimics his style. But he is not a big as Bell. He could still trim 10lbs with the right dedicated workout program for the combine. Buy would be 215-220 range... not 230.

There is also a big difference between 18 year olds, 22 year olds and 28 year olds in terms of body development and composition. Most males are going to naturally add strength and muscle mass through their late 20s.

Also in order to add mass/maximize muscle growth you have to over eat. If you don't dial it in to the exact calorie (which is impossible), you will either add fat or not maximize muscle growth. You can then trim the fat. Expecting LJ or any player to come in and be a finished product physically is not realistic.

Well said. This is why body builders alternate between growth (over eating) and cutting (reducing body fat).
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm

I changed my mind he probably should go now y’all that said that there’s no real benefit to staying are prolly right
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 pm

LJ Scott Bodybuilder

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I changed my mind he probably should go now y’all that said that there’s no real benefit to staying are prolly right

LJ Scott 636398174095243550-Lewerke-Game-Day-
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

All good points.

But it seems like this could be done in one summer. I mean, Le'veon did it pretty fast.

I guess what I'm wondering is does  Ken Mannie advocate that our backs be bigger? Because if lean and fast is better, why not make it a priority from day one?

Don't know, but I did hear there was legit debate that LeVeon could be a better 3 down back if he was 240.   This was taking into effect he carried it well, (jumping people) and that he could catch and run, and then with the added 10 lbs, they believed he might be the 3rd and 1 type guy they also want, with the benefit of being able to pretty much pick up any defensive end on 3rd and 9 in pass pro.  This, of course, is a second hand no good pass down the line rumor.  I thought he was a bit too big his last year at MSU.  Who knows what he was told after that season by NFL scouts, by agents, or by whomever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:36 pm

LJ Scott: Michigan State gets no respect from Michigan, 'our little sisters'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content