Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye.

+8
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Rocinante
12 posters

Go down

McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye. Empty McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye.

Post by Rocinante 2017-11-30, 11:45

Thought you lovers of freedom would like to know.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye. Empty Re: McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye.

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-30, 11:51

Thanks. I feel like this country is definitely heading back to the 1960's. Congratulations right wingers. This country is so fucked.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye. Empty Re: McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-30, 12:13

Pretty disappointed here, John.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-30, 12:16

Hillary's email account, though..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-30, 12:44

Can’t wait to see the photos of Steve Mnuchin and his wife fondling even bigger piles of money after it passes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-30, 12:48

steveschneider wrote:Can’t wait to see the photos of Steve Mnuchin and his wife fondling even bigger piles of money after it passes.
kinda looking forward to the deplorables whining about the colored boy when their life becomes exponentially more difficult after this passes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-30, 12:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Can’t wait to see the photos of Steve Mnuchin and his wife fondling even bigger piles of money after it passes.
kinda looking forward to the deplorables whining about the colored boy when their life becomes exponentially more difficult after this passes.

Let’s be real about that, the deplorables are just going to blame the democrats when it gets to that point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-30, 13:15

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: kinda looking forward to the deplorables whining about the colored boy when their life becomes exponentially more difficult after this passes.

Let’s be real about that, the deplorables are just going to blame the democrats when it gets to that point.
I've been registered independent forever. 1) I didn't want to get mail from any party and 2) I don't always vote down party lines. I'm thinking now about registering democrat, maybe on the local level can try to get someone in that isn't totally corrupt. The last election,the Republican was convicted of A&B, I think or something similar, with actual video of him slamming someone on their car. The other had just been named the most corrupt politician in DC, maybe by the ethics committee. Either way, not very good choices.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-30, 13:18

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I've been registered independent forever. 1) I didn't want to get mail from any party and 2) I don't always vote down party lines. I'm thinking now about registering democrat, maybe on the local level can try to get someone in that isn't totally corrupt. The last election,the Republican was convicted of A&B, I think or something similar, with actual video of him slamming someone on their car. The other had just been named the most corrupt politician in DC, maybe by the ethics committee. Either way, not very good choices.

I've always been left of center, and had tons of issues with the dems. I registered dem when Sanders got on the ticket and with the rise of Trumpism I'm not leaving anytime soon.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-11-30, 13:59

InTenSity wrote:
maybe on the local level can try to get someone in that isn't totally corrupt.

Seriously, is this possible? Even if you think they aren't, give 'em a couple years in DC and they will be.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-11-30, 14:44

Personal vote.
McCain’s wife wife inherited Hensley and Company. It’s one of the largest InBev distributors in the country and its revenues are over $300M/ year. The McCains still control 68% of the company. Think estate tax roll back
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-01, 12:31

How long before the next depression? 5 years, once these tax cuts gut out the middle class.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-01, 13:47

InTenSity wrote:How long before the next depression? 5 years, once these tax cuts gut out the middle class.

And Connies will blame the Dem in the WH.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-01, 14:32

There will be a major economic shake up in 2018. The market doesn't do what it's doing now without major bubbles. Guess who suffers (again)?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 14:40

Rocinante wrote:There will be a major economic shake up in 2018.  The market doesn't do what it's doing now without major bubbles.  Guess who suffers (again)?
Explain
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-01, 14:54

so how will the racist, bigoted sexual predator's signing ceremony be for this?

somehow I envision him using a bible as a hard surface to sign on.. then Santa Claus will bring him a couple of (very) young girls to sit on his knee and tell them what they want for CHRISTmas..at which time, he'll hold a cross-burning on the White House lawn while having a Russian prostitute urinate on him to celebrate the good 'old days.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-01, 15:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Rocinante wrote:There will be a major economic shake up in 2018.  The market doesn't do what it's doing now without major bubbles.  Guess who suffers (again)?
Explain

There are a lot of indicators. Because of the astronomical wealth gap, regular Americans like me haven't seen much benefit of it, but the economy is in an unprecedented 8-year bull market. I'm not going to say that a bull has a time limit, but I will say that they (almost) always end with a recession. The timing of that bear market is unknown, but wealth managers are quietly telling investors to put significant assets in bonds and real estate. Silver, which has been pretty steadily dropping since 2012 is starting up again, a sign that money is looking for a haven to ride something out. Enthusiasm is not currently correlated with reality, in my opinion. Transportation stocks, an indicator of real movement of goods, are diverging from the market (they are not increasing with other stocks).

Finally, did you see the market's reaction to the Flynn news? If all or some of the previous stuff I said is true, especially the part about irrational exuberance, then all it takes is some political shakeup to trigger the market fall. I think it happens next year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it feel like it's coming.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-01, 16:23

Republicans have to appease their donors or the party is dead. They know that they are wildly unpopular and funding is probably not coming from anywhere other than billionaires. If they don't pass it to appease them, they aren't going to have the money to be able to campaign. That is my wild theory. That is how they are getting the others to flip. They also know that the end game is up soon with charges against Flynn. If they don't pass this now, its not going to happen, since the rest of the administrations term is going to be answering to Mueller.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-02, 01:52

So they passed that shit just now at 2 fuckin am.

Now it goes back to the house which is cool I guess because that bill is super fucked up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-02, 07:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So they passed that shit just now at 2 fuckin am.

Now it goes back to the house which is cool I guess because that bill is super fucked up
I suspect the deplorables are excited about the tax credit they're gonna get for their private jet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-02, 08:33

They passed the bill, Jim. They passed the bill when they shouldn’t have.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-12-02, 09:45

InTenSity wrote:Thanks. I feel like this country is definitely heading back to the 1960's. Congratulations right wingers. This country is so fucked.

We're running head long into a new Guilded Age
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-02, 13:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So they passed that shit just now at 2 fuckin am.

It’s not going to go tot he house. It’s goong to go to a super committee. They will jam it through.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-02, 14:29

Whatever fuck em
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-02, 14:38

Conference committee

Since each chamber passed different pieces of legislation, it goes to conference committee where (Republican) members of the House and Senate will work out a compromise bill.

If they are able to do so, that compromise bill will go back to each chamber for a vote before heading to the president for signature.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-02, 15:27

Once the committee has worked it out it’ll go through unless something really weird happens. And they’re fast tracking it through committee too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-12-02, 21:21

So assuming this bill passes (which it will), will it apply to our 2017 filing in April, or does it not start until 2018?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-12-03, 13:19

2018 so you have a lot of time to restructure your wealth and there is less of a need for charitable giving when you can leave your tax fortune in excess of $11M to your kids.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-03, 16:48

In a Nov. 29 interview, Grassley was adamant about the need for change, even if farmers and small business owners represent a tiny minority of estate tax payers. The reason, he said, is as much philosophical as practical.

An estate tax effectively and unfairly taxes a person’s earnings twice, he argued: first when they earn it and again when they die. And, he added, it penalizes savers without touching spenders.

I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing,” Grassley said, “as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”

The seven-term senator runs an operation in Butler County with his son and grandson and frequently describes himself as a farmer. When asked if his own family farm would be subject to the estate tax, Grassley initially said it would not.

Then, after mulling it over a moment, he backtracked, noting that if he and his wife died on the same day the estate would be subject to the $5.5 million exemption rather than the $11 million exemption and likely would have to file an estate tax return.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/12/02/tax-reform-iowa-farmers-estate-tax/906946001/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-12-03, 18:08

At this point in his life the 84 year old Grassley who's been a US Senator for 36 years and is currently collecting the $174K/yr salary could (and would be told by tax advisors)to set up a living trust with his sons and make the family farm part of the trust. Grassley dies and the trust keeps going with no estate taxes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-12-03, 21:47

Turtleneck wrote:In a Nov. 29 interview, Grassley was adamant about the need for change, even if farmers and small business owners represent a tiny minority of estate tax payers. The reason, he said, is as much philosophical as practical.

An estate tax effectively and unfairly taxes a person’s earnings twice, he argued: first when they earn it and again when they die. And, he added, it penalizes savers without touching spenders.

I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing,” Grassley said, “as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”

The seven-term senator runs an operation in Butler County with his son and grandson and frequently describes himself as a farmer. When asked if his own family farm would be subject to the estate tax, Grassley initially said it would not.

Then, after mulling it over a moment, he backtracked, noting that if he and his wife died on the same day the estate would be subject to the $5.5 million exemption rather than the $11 million exemption and likely would have to file an estate tax return.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/12/02/tax-reform-iowa-farmers-estate-tax/906946001/

Booze and women and movies are expensive man. But worth every penny.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-04, 13:04

Chuck Grassley is so disgusting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-12-04, 16:03

y2kMgrad wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:In a Nov. 29 interview, Grassley was adamant about the need for change, even if farmers and small business owners represent a tiny minority of estate tax payers. The reason, he said, is as much philosophical as practical.

Booze and women and movies are expensive man. But worth every penny.
Don't forget the drugs, snorting coke off a hooker ain't cheap
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-04, 21:31

House conservatives are already indicating that they're prepared to block some of the key legislative promises that Senate Republicans demanded in exchange for their vote on tax reform legislation.

Those promises materialized in the frantic final hours of the tax debate last week, as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) gave Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) assurances that some of their personal legislative priorities would be dealt with in exchange for their votes.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/house-republicans-already-shooting-down-tax-bills-promises
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-04, 22:20

These guys waitin on their jet tax write off

McCain is a yes, the bill will pass - kiss the ACA goodbye. 16m3zlx
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down