Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

37 Years Ago Today..

4 posters

Go down

37 Years Ago Today..  Empty 37 Years Ago Today..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/8/2017, 9:57 am

before Twitter, the news broke on Monday Night Football..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

37 Years Ago Today..  Empty Re: 37 Years Ago Today..

Post by DWags 12/8/2017, 10:03 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:before Twitter, the news broke on Monday Night Football..

Was jogging from the I.M back to Holmes hall.   Had my earphones on.  Was a sony casset/radio walkman.   Had the classic rock station on.  Was behind McDonald hall when they broke in.  I remember right where I was when I heard.  just blew me away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/8/2017, 10:06 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:before Twitter, the news broke on Monday Night Football..

Was jogging from the I.M back to Holmes hall.   Had my earphones on.  Was a sony casset/radio walkman.   Had the classic rock station on.  Was behind McDonald hall when they broke in.  I remember right where I was when I heard.  just blew me away.
pretty wild. I was 11 years old so my knowledge of The Beatles and John Lennon was fairly casual at the time (I'm certainly no expert now, either) but I remember my mom being pretty upset.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 12/8/2017, 10:10 am

Two of the four Beatles had deranged lunatic take their lives. I'd argue the guy that broke into George Harrison's house and stabbed him caused his cancer to come back and take his life.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 12/8/2017, 10:13 am

Time for my annual story about how I was cramming for some 8AM Econ final and didn't find out until I overheard people talking about it when I walked into the classroom.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 12/8/2017, 10:21 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Time for my annual story about how I was cramming for some 8AM Econ final and didn't find out until I overheard people talking about it when I walked into the classroom.

How do you focus on an exam after hearing news like that?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 12/8/2017, 10:29 am

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Time for my annual story about how I was cramming for some 8AM Econ final and didn't find out until I overheard people talking about it when I walked into the classroom.

How do you focus on an exam after hearing news like that?

I can't remember how the exam went. All I remember is saying fuck it after the exam and lighting up a joint while walking across campus toward 128 Beech.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down