Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury?

+5
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
kingstonlake
9 posters

Go down

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? Empty Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury?

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 8:40

Isiah Johnson-Mack says he's leaving the program and Tavares Martin Jr. was dismissed by Leach for violation of team rules. The kid says he wanted his release to play closer to home in Florida and Leach signed release and dismissed him.  Release says he can't play for any D-1 school in......you guessed it....Florida.  How would the kid playing in FLA affect WSU/Leach?

Mack: 555 YDS 5 TD's 60 REC
Martin: 831 YDS 9 TD's 70 REC

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/wsus-leading-wr-tavares-martin-says-he-was-dismissed-from-the-program-because-he-asked-for-his-release/

Tension has been building between the receiver and certain coaches for a while, Martin Sr. said. It dates back to last season, when, after the Holiday Bowl loss to Minnesota, Martin Jr. first told his father that he wanted to leave WSU.

“When he left the bowl game, his intention was not to go back,” Martin Sr. said.

However, Martin Sr. counseled his son and persuaded him to stick it out. Looking back now, Martin Sr. says he wishes he’d allowed his son to go through with his desire to transfer at the end of last season.

“I told him to finish what he started,” Martin Sr. said. “It got out of whack.”

Martin Sr. said his son was told that he wouldn’t be allowed to transfer to any Division I football program in Florida.

Leach “stated T.J. wouldn’t be playing football at (the) Division I (level) because he controls T.J.’s release form,” Martin Sr. said. “He signed the paper but stipulated T.J. can’t go to Florida schools. That’s not fair. This is where he’s from. This is where all our family lives. He’s a Division I product. Why you gonna rip my son like that? I thought (Leach) was a pretty nice coach. But now we’re seeing a different side.”

Last edited by kingstonlake on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 9:06; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? Empty Re: Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury?

Post by DWags Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 8:41

He should have locked them in a closet and taught them a lesson.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? Empty Re: Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury?

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 9:00

Leach said he was cut before asking for a transfer. Kid says he was cut for asking for the transfer. I don't know the rules but if Leach "cut" him, he doesn't need transfer papers, right? Leach seems like a petty bitch to me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 9:04

Love the pirate.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 9:07

I love the pirate too. He speaks his mind, is funny most of the time, very intelligent and obviously well read. But that doesn't mean I want to play for him. He does seem like a guy who might be a bit crazy to work with.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 9:18

He sounds like a douchebag to me. Isn't he still begging for money from TT for being fired? Jesus, let it go. Medical professionals testified you broke protocol for kids with a concussion out of vindictiveness. Was the James kid a sniveling prima dona? probably. Kinda sounds like Jeem West coast version. Lots of headlines. Not many of which are for on the field relevancy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 9:26

Actually he has two wins this year bigger than any Jeem has had at SCum lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 10:02

Okay but not letting him go play in Florida is fucking bullshit though. Players getting screwed again in a ncaa situation who would have guessed
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 10:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Okay but not letting him go play in Florida is fucking bullshit though. Players getting screwed again in a ncaa situation who would have guessed

This is true.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:21

Will this be a black mark on the WSU program?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:29

Turtleneck wrote:Will this be a black mark on the WSU program?

Racist.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:47

gHost Spartan wrote:There's two sides to every story. Maybe Leach is following Coach D's script - just don't say anything.

But Leach has diarrhea mouth....lol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:55

Turtleneck wrote:Will this be a black mark on the WSU program?

Was that Vlad or our current house pet?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:57

I do wonder what effect, if any, this public kerfuffle will have on the WSU morale and if players will take sides.
Is there any way we can help stir up some discontent?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:01

over/under for this game is 45 .. anyone else think that's way too low?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:03

Tim Wakefield wrote:over/under for this game is 45 .. anyone else think that's way too low?

Spread?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:13

We gonna get smoked like Lorenzo Guess and Demetrius Cox
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:21

Tim Wakefield wrote:over/under for this game is 45 .. anyone else think that's way too low?

This guy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:21

I always think this thread is about two women in their 40’s who lost OTPT and Wakes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Spread?

Sparty +2.5
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:23

tGreenWay wrote:I do wonder what effect, if any, this public kerfuffle will have on the WSU morale and if players will take sides.
Is there any way we can help stir up some discontent?

Russia can help. They are good at that kind of stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:24

I think 60 in the OU/GA game is low as well.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:29

DWags wrote:I always think this thread is about two women in their 40’s who lost OTPT and Wakes.

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? 502811600 Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:41

DWags wrote:I always think this thread is about two women in their 40’s who lost OTPT and Wakes.

So, the women are wearing strap-ons?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 21:08

I'm a quarterback not a receiver Wags
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 21:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Spread?

Cougs -2.5
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 21:09

kingstonlake wrote:

I think 60 in the OU/GA game is low as well.

Agree
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 21:42

Tim Wakefield wrote:

I'm a quarterback not a receiver Wags

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? 502811600 Too late.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 21:49

tGreenWay wrote:

Look tGreenway, you need to come up with your own visual and fantasy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 22:04

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Look tGreenway, you need to come up with your own visual and fantasy.

Why? You don't like me stealing yours and projecting it on the younguns here?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 22:05

tGreenWay wrote:

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? 1966794946 Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 22:12

Might be down a DC, too

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-wazzu-defensive-coordinator-alex-grinch-candidate-join-ohio-state-staff/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 22:34

DWags wrote:I love the pirate too. He speaks his mind, is funny most of the time, very intelligent and obviously well read. But that doesn't mean I want to play for him. He does seem like a guy who might be a bit crazy to work with.

Yep. Strikes me as an old school hard ass. Everything is shits and grins when you toe the line. If not....better duck.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 22:37

Turtleneck wrote:Might be down a DC, too

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-wazzu-defensive-coordinator-alex-grinch-candidate-join-ohio-state-staff/

WOTS:

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel,
You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch,
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch,
Your heart's an empty hole,
Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul, Mr. Grinch,
I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch,
You have termites in your smile,
You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, Mr. Grinch,
Given a choice between the two of you'd take the seasick crocodile!

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch,
You're the king of sinful sots,
Your heart's a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots, Mr. Grinch,
You're a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 9:05

Falk seen entering practice Tuesday with cast on non throwing wrist.

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? Falk_l10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 9:06

kingstonlake wrote:Falk seen entering practice Tuesday with cast on non throwing wrist.

Cougars lose two top receivers for Bowl game. Update: Falk injury? Falk_l10

Sweet man bun.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 9:10

Falk seems short. Supposedly had a surgery after apple cup game...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down