Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads?

+12
Rocinante
Izzo Court
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
keanro
MSU addict
Da Mayor
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? Empty What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads?

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 19:10

The metal hooks that hold up the shower curtains have metal beads to cut down on resistance when drawing the curtains open and closed. Problem is, those beads are getting irritatingly squeaky. Usuallly, I would reach for the 3-n-1 oil to shut that puppy up, but that stuff has a smell that Mrs. GreenWay will find unacceptable. WD-40 isn't much better. I'm thinking of rubbing a wax brick up and down the long, curving, metal pole, really push it down hard to keep that pole and those beads moving without any resistance.

What say you?

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2017-12-26, 19:27; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? Empty Re: What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads?

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 19:13

I can't emphasize enough how loud the shrieking is when those beads come into contact with the rod.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? Empty Re: What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-26, 19:15

This might be the wax you're describing.

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? 250px-Mr_Zogs_Sex_Wax
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 19:16

Also, I'd like to keep this on the DL from my wife. I'd like her to take her next shower without realizing what went on in there. Everything should just appear normal.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 19:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:This might be the wax you're describing.

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? 250px-Mr_Zogs_Sex_Wax

I have that T-shirt somewhere. Maybe I can trade it for servicing my shower rod.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-26, 19:18

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? Dirty2

It doesn't look like you shower, GreenWay.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-26, 19:23

What kind of lubricant did Alan Ruck use? I'd avoid that one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 19:24

Turtleneck wrote:What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? Dirty2

It doesn't matter whether or not I shower, Turtleneck. What matters is that shrieking sound makes me want to shove spikes into my ears.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 19:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:What kind of lubricant did Alan Ruck use? I'd avoid that one.

Too soon. What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? 4177874726
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-26, 19:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? Dirty2

It doesn't matter whether or not I shower, Turtleneck. What matters is that shrieking sound makes me want to shove spikes into my ears.

The spikes sound easier. You should ask for recs on what types of spikes are best.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-26, 19:40

tGreenWay wrote:Also, I'd like to keep this on the DL from my wife. I'd like her to take her next shower without realizing what went on in there. Everything should just appear normal.

Passion Lubes, Natural Water-Based Lubricant, 55 Gallon Drum

Hope she doesn't notice this in the corner:

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? 71STvIccd3L._SY679_
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-26, 19:43

Try some light machine oil.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-26, 19:43

Are you talking about anal beads
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-26, 19:46

I texted Mrs. GreenWay a link to the thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 20:08

steveschneider wrote:Try some light machine oil.

I do have Zoom Spout, but again--Mrs. GW will hate the smell. Minus well let the beads shriek.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 20:09

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Also, I'd like to keep this on the DL from my wife. I'd like her to take her next shower without realizing what went on in there. Everything should just appear normal.

What's your favorite unscented lubricant to use on metal beads? 71STvIccd3L._SY679_

Is your noodle all wet? That's a water-based lube and this fix is for the shower. 'preciate the good intentions, but come on, Goose; duh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 20:10

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The spikes sound easier. You should ask for recs on what types of spikes are best.

It might just come to that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 20:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are you talking about anal beads

Only if your mind was in the gutter would you have read it that way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-26, 20:14

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Is your noodle all wet? That's a water-based lube and this fix is for the shower. 'preciate the good intentions, but come on, Goose; duh.

That's why you need 55 gallons of it, you get to rub the lube into those beads every time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 20:28

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's why you need 55 gallons of it, you get to rub the lube into those beads every time.

Hey, that's pretty great! Next time, maybe don't bury the lead. Sorry to go nuclear on you. I really don't think you have a wet noodle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-12-26, 20:39

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Hey, that's pretty great! Next time, maybe don't bury the lead. Sorry to go nuclear on you. I really don't think you have a wet noodle.

It's "bury the lede" dumb ass.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-12-26, 20:39

Buy new shower hooks.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 23:38

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thanks, asshat. Oh, and go fuck yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 23:39

MSU addict wrote:Buy new shower hooks.

Outstanding suggestion. Might just do this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by keanro 2017-12-27, 02:14

How about using white lithium grease.
keanro
keanro
Spartiate

http://4wheelonline.com/kumho-tires.223939

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 02:26

keanro wrote:How about using white lithium grease.

Isn't that the stuff for bike chains? Funny you mention it, because I briefly thought of that this morning. I've never used it before, but some friends who are cycling fiends think it's really good stuff. Any idea if it smells? I'm serious when I say my wife will hate it if it has an unnatural/chemical-type smell.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-27, 07:03

tGreenWay wrote: I'm serious when I say my wife will hate it if it has an unnatural/chemical-type smell.

Yet somehow you're still there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-12-27, 07:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

I'm sorry you're not very smart.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 09:35

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think you are.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 09:38

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote: I'm serious when I say my wife will hate it if it has an unnatural/chemical-type smell.

Yet somehow you're still there.

My cologne helps immensely. It's called Chocolate by Wonka.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-27, 10:15

Would WD-40 work?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 10:20

WD-40 gives him a rash, Dendro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-27, 10:22

Pics of bearings on shower curtain to assess the situation better, please.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-12-27, 10:30

I would go with a “non-chloric, silicon-based kitchen lubricant.”

- Clark Griswald
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-12-27, 12:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

I don't think you are.

You seem kind of mad, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-27, 12:24

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think you are.

You seem kind of mad, bro.

If you're going for lamest schtick ever, you're nailing it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-27, 12:59

Dendrobates wrote:Would WD-40 work?

This. Fuck your wife's nose.

Not literally.

Unless she's into that kind of thing

In which case... can I have her number?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-27, 13:38

Ok, than my vote is to just get new ones .

No biggie.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-27, 13:50

Rocinante wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Would WD-40 work?

This. Fuck your wife's nose.

Not literally.

Unless she's into that kind of thing

In which case... can I have her number?

How tiny is your penis? The reason I ask is that nostrils have a very small diameter compared to your typical penis.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-12-27, 13:50

shower curtains

https://lifehacker.com/5891950/make-hangers-and-shower-curtains-glide-with-wax-paper
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next