Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 8 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 16:33

Engler's letter is getting traction
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/02/13/msu-interim-president-defends-tom-izzo-mark-dantonio-espn-report-larry-nassar-michigan-state/334673002/

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/michigan-state-interim-president-blasts-espn-dragging-mark-dantonio-tom-izzo-larry-nassar-scandal/kri4rtlsqsxk1cn8sux8kbbzv
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 8 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 16:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Oh god someone actually said dilly dilly on the swill

Respect for Engler tho

You just did.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-13, 16:39

What is dilly dilly.

No don't tell me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-13, 16:44

Rocinante wrote:What is dilly dilly.

No don't tell me.

Going to anyway- it’s a huge hit in NFL fan circles and comes from a bud light commercial.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 8 502811600 AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 8 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 16:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:What is dilly dilly.

No don't tell me.

Going to anyway- it’s a huge hit in NFL fan circles and comes from a bud light commercial.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 8 502811600 AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 8 502811600

I bet Blanch says that all the time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 16:53

The faculty went ahead and voted, very ignorant given the release of this letter today. Politics over the institution that pays them. But they will never accept Engler given past history, no matter what he does.
http://statenews.com/article/2018/02/faculty-votes-no-confidence-in-board-of-trustees
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 16:56

I know you guys have beef with him, but Solari deserves props for publishing those articles with the EL DA's. Those were huge and sparked the Valenti show today.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 16:59

steveschneider wrote:I know you guys have beef with him, but Solari deserves props for publishing those articles with the EL DA's. Those were huge and sparked the Valenti show today.

I just want him to at least attempt an interview with Lavaign. Come back and say she wouldn’t return calls. The irony would be beautiful
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-13, 17:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/13/michigan-state-faculty-trustees/110372828/

Meanwhile the faculty senate is considering a vote of no confidence in the BoT over the hiring of Engler. You can give them that vote over a lot of things but hiring Engler was obviously not one of them. No
hence my previous post.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 17:02

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I know you guys have beef with him, but Solari deserves props for publishing those articles with the EL DA's. Those were huge and sparked the Valenti show today.

I just want him to at least attempt an interview with Lavaign. Come back and say she wouldn’t return calls. The irony would be beautiful

Yeah, I agree...I can't stand her so I'd love to see him do it. I do tip my cap his way though, his two stories were huge. Even the DA who's life has been damaged by that POS OTL report gave him thanks. It's nice that someone gave him that platform.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 17:22

Valenti called ESPN. Their comment was, “we stand by our reporting”. That’s it
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 17:28

DWags wrote:Valenti called ESPN. Their comment was, “we stand by our reporting”. That’s it

I hope she goes on his show and debates him...or a neutral forum. He would destroy her.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-13, 17:31

DWags wrote:Valenti called ESPN. Their comment was, “we stand by our reporting”. That’s it
in ESPN's defense, someone who wears their hat backwards doesn't exactly inspire journalistic credibility.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 17:33

I am no lawyer, but it seems the shoe is on the other foot here. ESPN took a legitimate story about a horrible situation and tarred several innocent people in the process with innuendo and hearsay - at best.
If they admit what asshats they are, they only make it easier to prove libel in likely civil cases.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 17:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
in ESPN's defense, someone who wears their hat backwards doesn't exactly inspire journalistic credibility.

I thought I used to know, but in today's world what the hell is "journalistic credibility" anymore?
Journalism is almost totally ratings driven, which isn't journalism, is it.
A story is conceived to sell, then go dig up some "facts" to validate the presumption.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-13, 17:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Judging someone's credibility by their looks is so 1940s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 17:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: in ESPN's defense, someone who wears their hat backwards doesn't exactly inspire journalistic credibility.
Judging someone's credibility by their looks is so 1940s.

It’s a bit uncomfy
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-13, 18:08

Not sure the faculty is helping by giving ESPN stories to run.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/22424667/michigan-state-faculty-delivers-no-confidence-vote-board-trustees
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 18:12

Won’t click on that link. I’ve boycotted that pos network.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 18:25

NigelUno wrote:Not sure the faculty is helping by giving ESPN stories to run.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/22424667/michigan-state-faculty-delivers-no-confidence-vote-board-trustees

Hmmmm running that story but not the others shocking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-02-13, 18:25

gHost Spartan wrote:

What I found interesting was that Engler used the words "international story" in his release which seems to suggest damage to MSU's reputation globally - maybe he's setting MSU up for damages? I don't know - I am not sophisticated in that type of litigation.

I took that as Nassar being with the Olympic team and it being much larger than just MSU
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-13, 18:32

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Not sure the faculty is helping by giving ESPN stories to run.  

Hmmmm running that story but not the others shocking.

And running it as a "Top Headline" on their site.  Is it really?  Would love to hear their criteria for determining that.

Of course they ran a story yesterday about the Marlins not running their fish race during games any more...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22412755/miami-marlins-cancel-midgame-sea-creature-mascot-race
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-02-13, 23:10

Sorry to spoil your Engler party,
But IMO his letter is another chapter in the tone-deafness that has come from the BOT, and from (former) President Simon.

It is mainly a whoa is me tale, focusing on how hard it is on MSU with all the FOIA requests, investigations and unfair reporting.
It is another chapter of leadership looking inward upon themselves, it resonates like a Joel Ferguson statement. Maybe it is just me, but I've yet to hear anyone in a leadership position own up any MSU responsibility related to Nassar. That letter seems to rally the supporters, but I don't think it will serve any purpose in the long term.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 23:21

Wally Fairway wrote:Sorry to spoil your Engler party,
But IMO his letter is another chapter in the tone-deafness that has come from the BOT, and from (former) President Simon.

It is mainly a whoa is me tale, focusing on how hard it is on MSU with all the FOIA requests, investigations and unfair reporting.
It is another chapter of leadership looking inward upon themselves, it resonates like a Joel Ferguson statement. Maybe it is just me, but I've yet to hear anyone in a leadership position own up any MSU responsibility related to Nassar. That letter seems to rally the supporters, but I don't think it will serve any purpose in the long term.

All due respect but fuck that "tone deaf" bullshit. It's about time someone stood up for the university. You honestly think this is on par with what Ferguson said? You're high.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 23:43

Wait, should Engler throw himself on a sword? His job is to tell us what he’s doing. He did that. His second job is to keep that place running while complying with authorities. He’s doing that. He also has to look out for future donations and gifts. Izzo and Dantonio, two people who are very much reasons for donations and who are being unfairly conflated with Nassar are our bell weather for raising money. He did that.

Letter was fine. MSU consists of tens of thousands of people. A dozen or less are responsible for this horror. In the meantime we can’t just keep whipping ourselves to death. There was nothing tone deaf about that letter. It was fine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-14, 00:11

Yeah I don't get it. I grew up in a very anti Engler household. In my opinion he's been on point with all of his communications. I actually think they got this one right in the short term. I understand that it didn't resonate very well from an optics standpoint but I think this is going to best position the University to move forward in the future. You can't bring in a temporary President who has no experience in a game with stakes this high and expect them to succeed. I just hope the student body and faculty graders is able to grasp that this is a temporary situation and does not put up further roadblocks. I mean if this guy starts to show that he is incompetent or negligent then go for it. But until then... Chill. He is striking a far better tone in response to this than LAKS did on her best day. Wally I think you need to stop wallowing in shame.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-14, 00:23

First, his email was not even remotely close to anything the BoT or Simon said. If it were, Simon might still have a job.

Second, this was a State of the Union address after week two, not an address to the victims.  Noting the multiple investigations and how they have complied to date is relevant. Still there was ownership that things need to be fixed and addressed the victims. Both have been reitersted in his statements and addresses.

"As he begins serving his sentence in a federal prison in Arizona, we are all still struggling to comprehend the extent of the damage he inflicted on so many girls and young women, and on their families.... Questions about how this could have happened and what must be done to prevent it from ever happening again are the subject of multiple inquiries,... I fervently hope, a just resolution that helps the survivors bring some closure to this horrific chapter in their lives. Michigan State, too, needs to heal and to emerge a stronger institution, one where safety, respect, and civility are hallmarks.... It is a privilege to call ourselves Spartans, one that carries a responsibility to adhere to standards of behavior, on campus and off, that should be well understood by all... We can do better with our campus relationship climate, and I’ll continue reaching out to people and groups in the days ahead for advice and suggestions that can move us toward the kind of campus we all want to be associated with..."
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 08:48

seems to me that Engler is saying and doing a lot of the right things. There are plenty of arrows being aimed at MSU from the outside. With someone in a leadership role finally standing up for MSU while still honoring the victims, it's time for those of us on the inside to stand together.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-14, 08:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:seems to me that Engler is saying and doing a lot of the right things. There are plenty of arrows being aimed at MSU from the outside. With someone in a leadership role finally standing up for MSU while still honoring the victims, it's time for those of us on the inside to stand together.

Agreed, except I'm not on the inside, Bob. I'm glad you made it though. Make the most of it!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-14, 08:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:seems to me that Engler is saying and doing a lot of the right things. There are plenty of arrows being aimed at MSU from the outside. With someone in a leadership role finally standing up for MSU while still honoring the victims, it's time for those of us on the inside to stand together.

So do you and Trevor hang out a lot? Jealous.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-14, 09:03

If Bob can't find criticism in the way Engler is going about it I'm pretty sure he's doing an ok job.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 09:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

he thinks I'm a great guy to have a beer with.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-14, 09:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I too, hope Trevor would think I'm a great guy to have a beer with.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 09:37

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I find that it helps if you've never actually met Trevor..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-14, 09:38

gHost Spartan wrote:Have any of you guys ever met Hollis? I've met the guy a handful of times at MSU alumni events and I always found him to be quite of odd, not quite all there -

Briefly. POS.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-14, 09:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I find that it helps if you've never actually met Trevor..

I saw him at a spring game once.  I did not approach or speak to him.  I was a bit frightened.... and drunk.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-14, 09:42

Seems like Engler is doing a good job so far with crisis management. The faculty isn't helping by perpetuating that the campus is in disarray.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-14, 09:44

gHost Spartan wrote:Have any of you guys ever met Hollis? I've met the guy a handful of times at MSU alumni events and I always found him to be quite of odd, not quite all there -

I'm sure he didn't have that same impression of you...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-02-14, 09:49

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm sure he didn't have that same impression of you...

The last time I met him he gave my then-pregnant wife a hug and said a lot of kind words to both of us FWIW

like, just a bunch of kind words all strung together? like a human thesaurus or something? yeah, that does seem kinda weird. guess you were right about the guy.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 09:50

NigelUno wrote:

Seems like Engler is doing a good job so far with crisis management. The faculty isn't helping by perpetuating that the campus is in disarray.

they have to fine something to whine about, I guess.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next