Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adreian Payne police interview video

+5
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
I.B. Fine
WhiteBoyHatcher
9 posters

Go down

Adreian Payne police interview video Empty Adreian Payne police interview video

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-30, 23:05

Oh my. I've read the statement from Dunnings and some of the quotes and articles. This is the first time I've watched the video.

So you're telling me that THIS in addition to the Walton incidents, are why Tom Izzo's character is being impugned? And my goodness, I now feel pretty terrible for Payne that his NBA career is over and his name is mud. Is this a kid who was involved in a gang rape? Could Tom Izzo watch this video, and decide that this kid needed to be kicked off of the team, or suspended, or benched, or anything?? Especially considering the findings of the PD/ICPO?

Please watch this. I am not sure why it cuts out. I would love to see the rest of it, but I saw enough in the 11+ minutes to draw a pretty reasonable conclusion.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Adreian Payne police interview video Empty Re: Adreian Payne police interview video

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-30, 23:31

I admittedly know next to nothing about these sorts of things, but aside from being with 2 big guys instead of 1 little guy, could have been the story of Anziz Ansari's date. Buyer's remorse.
Again based solely on AP's version.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Adreian Payne police interview video Empty Re: Adreian Payne police interview video

Post by NigelUno 2018-01-31, 07:20

Did Appling give a videotaped statement?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 08:06

Ghost, I'm assuming MSU is putting together a huge rebuttal to all of this. I'm sure they have to have council to check over every point with a fine tooth comb before releasing a statement. How long would it typically take to get out a statement for something like this?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-01-31, 08:14

Not hard to see why no charges were brought.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-31, 08:38

Been on twitter for a Day interacting with all sorts people with different opinions on the story. the masses have made up their mind and the ESPN hit piece has done a lot of damage. I really hope Izzo gets out there soon and answers a lot of the questions.

The big questions and point from the ESPN article was laid out pretty well by Chris Vavinni last night:

“But if it’s only an issue if charges are filed, then that itself is an issue. That’s the whole Title IX deal. That’s the question the story is asking, how MSU handles it when there aren’t charges, and if that is leading to these situations continuing to happen.”

How did Izzo and our title IX Office handle this and the Walton situation? And did the way they handle it was it effective or ineffective? Was it handled properly or improperly? Tom needs to get out in front of it and answer the questions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-31, 09:00

I understand his point but I don't really see that being what is happening here. I mean I would classify the Appling/Payne thing as an "incident" and I would classify the first Walton thing as a "minor incident" but the other Walton thing increasingly sounds made up. And after watching this video that is my question - how was Izzo supposed to respond? What would you do to these 2 players given the evidence and AP's version of the events? I mean I don't understand what the public and these journalists expect of him???

My honest guess is that they are not educated enough on the details to know. I challenge anyone to read Dunnings statement and watch this video and tell me what they feel Izzo's obligation was.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 09:32

Although any defense lawyer would kill him for doing that - - he does come off as far from a hardened criminal.

And if his story is the truth it sound more like remorse than rape.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-31, 10:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I understand his point but I don't really see that being what is happening here. I mean I would classify the Appling/Payne thing as an "incident" and I would classify the first Walton thing as a "minor incident" but the other Walton thing increasingly sounds made up. And after watching this video that is my question - how was Izzo supposed to respond? What would you do to these 2 players given the evidence and AP's version of the events? I mean I don't understand what the public and these journalists expect of him???

My honest guess is that they are not educated enough on the details to know. I challenge anyone to read Dunnings statement and watch this video and tell me what they feel Izzo's obligation was.

I agree, and if that's the answer Izzo just needs to come out and say it.

I think if Izzo is forthcoming it can alleviate a great deal of this scrutiny. I think Dantonio's press conference last Spring and this last Friday took a ton of heat off of him. I think Izzo needs to do the same. Just my .02
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-31, 10:10

I don't think Izzo can be forthcoming steve. Not right now. He will come off as insensitive to the accusers and the Nassar victims.

Dantonio wasn't forthcoming. He was just firm and angry. He can get away with it because that's always been his style.

If Izzo changes to that kind of tenor he's going to look guilty. He can't win at this point. I think clamming up until all the facts are on the table is probably the best strategy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 10:22

At this point the story is unraveling by the day. As long as that's happening the coaches are both better to stay out of the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-31, 10:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think Izzo can be forthcoming steve. Not right now. He will come off as insensitive to the accusers and the Nassar victims.

Dantonio wasn't forthcoming. He was just firm and angry. He can get away with it because that's always been his style.

If Izzo changes to that kind of tenor he's going to look guilty. He can't win at this point. I think clamming up until all the facts are on the table is probably the best strategy.

To be specific, Dantonio was forthcoming and explained his actions in the Spring press conference. On Friday you are correct he was firm and angry but he also challenged the claim in the piece which I think also made a big difference in how the discussion is all about Izzo right now and not as much about Dantonio. I have to say I'm really impressed with Dantonio's media skills.

Look there's huge holes and glaring omissions in the OTL piece we've all seen them and exposed them. Dantonio took the opportunity to firmly challenge one, Tom could also do the same about his players, program and team in his own way. Doesnt have to be as firm or angry as Dantonio.

Just my opinion but I think Izzo is going to have to answer the questions, and I believe he will in due time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 10:40

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think Izzo can be forthcoming steve. Not right now. He will come off as insensitive to the accusers and the Nassar victims.

To be specific, Dantonio was forthcoming and explained his actions in the Spring press conference. On Friday you are correct he was firm and angry but he also challenged the claim in the piece which I think also made a big difference in how the discussion is all about Izzo right now and not as much about Dantonio. I have to say I'm really impressed with Dantonio's media skills.

Look there's huge holes and glaring omissions in the OTL piece we've all seen them and exposed them. Dantonio took the opportunity to firmly challenge one, Tom could also do the same about his players, program and team in his own way. Doesnt have to be as firm or angry as Dantonio.

Just my opinion but I think Izzo is going to have to answer the questions, and I believe he will in due time.

I'd like to see Tom make a statement now that he has a better understanding of the allegations, specifically those levied against Walton, which Walton has addressed. I think people would understand that between Friday and Monday he was hit with questions about things that surfaced Friday and needed time to digest. The window is probably closing on that though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-31, 10:49

“But if it’s only an issue if charges are filed, then that itself is an issue. That’s the whole Title IX deal. That’s the question the story is asking, how MSU handles it when there aren’t charges, and if that is leading to these situations continuing to happen.”

Agreed. Tom hasn't faced any questions in the past (at least to my knowledge) regarding Payne/Appling/Walton. I think it's completely reasonable that he is allowed some time to look back into these events that happened 8 years ago to make sure he has the details right. He's also in the midst of his season and has had three games to prepare for since this article has come out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-31, 10:49

As i mentioned in another thread, izzo is coming off terrible. Squeamish and skiddish if you will. He’s making the OTL bullshit a lot worse than it is
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-31, 10:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:As i mentioned in another thread, izzo is coming off terrible. Squeamish and skiddish if you will. He’s making the OTL bullshit a lot worse than it is

Oh, shut up. Rolling Eyes
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-31, 10:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:As i mentioned in another thread, izzo is coming off terrible. Squeamish and skiddish if you will.

There's no question he hasn't come out looking good as he fumbles through these press conferences with a few reporters grilling him. He's in a tough spot but being clumsy with the press in no way means there is a cover up or a mishandling of these matters. I think the truth will come out for him but not without a bit of turbulence.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 10:59

Izzo has a deep well of media goodwill to draw from. They love him. Give them enough solid info to debunk the allegations and support Izzo and they'll be all over it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down