Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD)

+5
DWags
Cameron
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
9 posters

Go down

I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD) Empty I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD)

Post by SawGreen Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:08

Am I myopic in my love for MSU?  This is nothing but a thread of questions... why, why, why.

Throw Nassar aside.  There were some events that happened in men's BB and football that I think at a very bare minimum exposed some character issues, and worst case, justice wasn't served.

Even with these events, and prior to the Nassar debacle, I thought the 2 main revenue sports did an above average job in balancing criminal activity and punishment... and I thought a saw a trend of less leniency in these matters.

This ESPN stuff pertaining to the tie-in to football and basketball seems to have some odd motivation behind it.  Do the purveyors of information really believe the institution is rotten from the inside-out?  Is this a money grab?  Could certain scUM ties be afoot?  Are the accusers stupid?  Is ESPN jaded that MSU fought them in court to prevent names coming out (even though it was the prosecutor that said MSU shouldn't divulge names)?  Was this plotted and planned since sex scandal has dominated the news cycle for many, many months now?  Is this ESPN's last gasp, and MSU is the fall-guy?

For those of us who live and breath MSU, and who followed each of these stories while they were happening, it is so easy to see the side-stepping, the lack of logic and the half-truths that continue to be presented.

Basically, what the fuck is going on?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD) Empty Re: I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:22

Espn smells blood. Controversy sells. Pretty simple. Taking down two successful coaches would be a huge thing to talk about for months, years to come. A lot of clicks.

MSU, like every other school, has issues because a lot of d1 revenue generating athletes are usually dumb as rocks and do stupid shit. A little less glorifying said dumb rocks could go a long way. Of course, espn feeds this same beast. $$$$$$$ is your answer. Along with the answer to this fucked up world we live in.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD) Empty Re: I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD)

Post by MSU addict Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:31

MSU is just the perfect fall guy.  More people even in our own state hate us more than love us. No one is going to come rushing to our defense anytime soon, especially with Nassar.

Nassar is on us, I get that.  But trying to tie football and basketball to him is beyond stupid.  I will put the ethics of our football program up against any major program in the country.  We aren't even close to the worst in our own state.

But hey, what ever sells clicks.

Last edited by MSU addict on Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:38; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Espn smells blood. Controversy sells. Pretty simple. Taking down two successful coaches would be a huge thing to talk about for months, years to come. A lot of clicks.

MSU, like every other school, has issues because a lot of d1 revenue generating athletes are usually dumb as rocks and do stupid shit. A little less glorifying said dumb rocks could go a long way. Of course, espn feeds this same beast. $$$$$$$ is your answer. Along with the answer to this fucked up world we live in.

I need to ask (ESPN/Nassar/Izzo/MD) 685d63c091739c08df91fbc8375ae119
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:46

MSU addict wrote:I will put the ethics of our football program up against any major program in the country.  We aren't even close to the worst in our own state.

I believe there are statistics to back this up, but once you've been painted with the "systemic" brush, those stats are meaningless ("well, MSU simply isn't transparent"). Part of why I opened this thread was to also ask, are the heads at ESPN geniuses? They have painted MSU into a corner that they cannot punch out of without re-enforcing the original message.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 20:58

SawGreen wrote:
MSU addict wrote:I will put the ethics of our football program up against any major program in the country.  We aren't even close to the worst in our own state.

I believe there are statistics to back this up, but once you've been painted with the "systemic" brush, those stats are meaningless ("well, MSU simply isn't transparent"). Part of why I opened this thread was to also ask, are the heads at ESPN geniuses? They have painted MSU into a corner that they cannot punch out of without re-enforcing the original message.
ESPN has proven time and time again they are idiots - but even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

Like I said, no one is going to rush to our defense.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 22:14

We also just signed a ten year 150 million dollar a year contract with a competing network. It’s in their best interest if both our money sports started to suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 22:18

DWags wrote:We also just signed a ten year 150 million dollar a year contract with a competing network. It’s in their best interest if both our money sports started to suck.

Who, CBS?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 22:19

SawGreen wrote:
DWags wrote:We also just signed a ten year 150 million dollar a year contract with a competing network. It’s in their best interest if both our money sports started to suck.

Who, CBS?

fox sports
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 0:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Espn smells blood. Controversy sells. Pretty simple. Taking down two successful coaches would be a huge thing to talk about for months, years to come. A lot of clicks.

College students do stupid shit. Are the instances higher among revenue sport athletes than the general population? At least when it comes to sexual assault, I dont think so.

It's hard to say what the numbers of onvolved athletes are at other schools, cause you know, ESPN doesn't care about other schools' issues, but the number that ESPN is saying happened at MSU is lower than the national average for college students in general.

I've seen a couple of surveys where 9-10% of males say that they did something considered sexual assault while in college. 15-20% of females say they were sexually assaulted in college.

It is a big problem with college in general, and not necessarily more so among athletes. But no one wants to talk about that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 9:15

Paging ESPN, paging ESPN...
Harbs is Pro-sexual assault enabler (shocking, I know)
"Never sleeping on it" - I read his quote to mean, he knew about it, decided not to do anything about it thereby accepting the behavior.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 9:37

Schembechler knew there was a sexual predator within the athletic department and turned it into a motivational tool to get more out of his players.

That's the story that needs to be written.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down