Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night

+4
InTenSity
steveschneider
aualum06
GRR Spartan
8 posters

Go down

Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night Empty Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 8:29

Looks like Disney is playing hardball by taking away access to its streaming channels to Spectrum cable.  

Anyone who wanted to see NCAA football or Us Open tennis couldn’t beginning Thursday evening.

You can see games on ABC but paying your cable company is no long a guarantee of viewing games.

Waiting to see if Spectrum blinks and settles before NFL starts.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/31/fans-at-us-open-couldnt-watch-espn-during-night-session/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night Empty Re: Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night

Post by aualum06 Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 9:01

ESPN+ and Disney+ are different subscriptions?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night Empty Re: Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 9:37

aualum06 wrote:ESPN+ and Disney+ are different subscriptions?

On Spectrum.

So if you are paying for Disney+ and ESPN+ and ESPN is in your basic pagake you got bupkis.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 9:41

The tech future sucks. Enshittificafion is a thing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 10:21

All these companies that looked at Netflix and wanted to copy their model are going to end up merging. I guess Disney is hemorrhaging money through Disney+ and ESPN. They will also start feeling the effects of the Desantis administration in Florida as groups of people are deciding to spend money elsewhere. I just don't see how all these streaming services are going to survive.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 10:53

InTenSity wrote:All these companies that looked at Netflix and wanted to copy their model are going to end up merging. I guess Disney is hemorrhaging money through Disney+ and ESPN. They will also start feeling the effects of the Desantis administration in Florida as groups of people are deciding to spend money elsewhere. I just don't see how all these streaming services are going to survive.

At some point will all content just end up back on Netflix or Netflix and Hulu like things originally started, it's an interesting question
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 11:16

I’ll tell you where this is headed. Big tech is going to buy up the sports tv contracts and you are going to end up paying and subscribing to all sorts of platforms to watch the games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 11:32

steveschneider wrote:I’ll tell you where this is headed. Big tech is going to buy up the sports tv contracts and you are going to end up paying and subscribing to all sorts of platforms to watch the games.
If that's the case, I'll go back to the 50's and listen to the games over XM. There is something called Bally sports, it has Miami games on it, Baseball for sure and maybe basketball. There is a subscription and I'm not sure if it is part of any cable packages. I won't pay for it, I don't think many people will pay for it. Sports bars will probably pay for it, but that's about it. If games aren't on a traditional venue, I just see them losing popularity. Then again, I have winter options to be outside and live in a place where people come to vacation, so it could just be that environment.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 12:23

I will continue to illegally stream virtually all televised sporting events until the illegal streams dry up. When the pirate service works better than anything you can pay for, it becomes clear that greed is too massive an obstacle to overcome.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 12:25

Cameron wrote:I will continue to illegally stream virtually all televised sporting events until the illegal streams dry up. When the pirate service works better than anything you can pay for, it becomes clear that greed is too massive an obstacle to overcome.

This guy gets it.

Spectrum/Charter gets ESPN, ESPN+ & Disney+ blacked out Thursday night 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5t1ruh72thzvei9dlvwsvpjxcptf7921ngxfo105r&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 13:06

Cameron wrote:I will continue to illegally stream virtually all televised sporting events until the illegal streams dry up. When the pirate service works better than anything you can pay for, it becomes clear that greed is too massive an obstacle to overcome.
Dm me details. Ill look it over tomorrow. Fuck peacock. I pay for nbc.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 13:25

Is it spectrum or charger that has that channel lineup?: 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, etc
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 13:35

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Streameast is my go-to for NFL. Often have to dig around a little on Google for NCAA streams. Occasionally I won't be able find one for basketball (particularly early season against nobodies), but that's very rare for football.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 16:20

Dish network gave me another year with a nice discount. We will see how many channels they lose this year that I watch
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 19:03

Cameron wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Streameast is my go-to for NFL. Often have to dig around a little on Google for NCAA streams. Occasionally I won't be able find one for basketball (particularly early season against nobodies), but that's very rare for football.

https://streameast.app/game/central-michigan-chippewas-michigan-state-spartans/652887

Stream seems a bit choppy for me right now, might try to find another one if that keeps up.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 20:20

Streameast locked up on me. Tryng this one now:

http://buffstream.io/cfb-streams/central-michigan-live-stream
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 21:19

Cameron wrote:Streameast locked up on me. Tryng this one now:

http://buffstream.io/cfb-streams/central-michigan-live-stream

Here’s a link for you.

https://youtu.be/lz-yP8p_KAM?si=7ZrwfaiPZvWxD2QP
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down