Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player?

+12
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
SawGreen
The Pantry
Rocinante
tGreenWay
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
16 posters

Go down

What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player? Empty What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Just curious. Completely hypothetical, this has not happened and will not happen to my knowledge.

I know what Steve would say but what about the rest of you. Again, this is not hearsay, it is something you can actually listen to yourself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player? Empty Re: What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player?

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 pm

I would say he's got to go for being stupid enough to talk about that shit on a phone.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player? Empty Re: What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:08 am

I’d prolly just abandon college sports for an undetermined amount of time at which point I’d probably come back to it. Maybe eventually
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:08 am

He gone, and what dr. strange said^

(even if I disagree with players not getting paid)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 am

Goodfellas: whata I say to you? Never talk.. didn’t I say never talk on the phone?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 am

Yeah, if the evidence was irrefutable, he’d have to go, just like any other coach. I would then probably quit college basketball entirely, because Izzo cheating is easily one of the last things I ever thought I’d see.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 am

What about a video of Alan Ruck drowning in a 50 gallon drum of personal lubricant. Because Alan Ruck drowned in a 50 gallon drum of personal lubricant. RIP Alan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 am

DWags wrote:Goodfellas: whata I say to you? Never talk.. didn’t I say never talk on the phone?

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:26 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just curious. Completely hypothetical, this has not happened and will not happen to my knowledge.

I know what Steve would say but what about the rest of you. Again, this is not hearsay, it is something you can actually listen to yourself.

I'd say he had a great run but lost his mind trying catch K/OlRoy.

Start the coaching search because he's gone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:33 am

Implausible scenario, regarding that being discussed over the phone.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:40 am

He would have to go. I would feel bad, then say he should have pressed more and played more zone.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:35 am

Heh, I would say just pay the players already. Here’s my question does the current climate make it less likely for a one and done to come back?

Look at Donovan Mitchell. He wanted to come back to Louisville and play this year. Instead he went pro and has taken off. If he had come back all the reasons he would have come back have been stripped away and he would have been stuck in Louisville in a miserable situation and had to of endured the public shaming that comes with NCAA bs.

I just think it’s too risky in today’s climate with the feds monitoring. We are finding out the line between being an eligible team and a penalized team is more tenuous than we all thought. Even miles bridges may have the one reason he came back stripped away from him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:43 am

I'd say that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard..

Izzo, of all people, should know that the player will need (at least) twice that amount if he wants to snag a Mio hottie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:46 am

Here's how the tapped conversation went:

Shadowy Agent: Hey Iz, $100k gets you five star guy I have
Izzo: Fuck off (walks off camera)

End of story
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:26 am

tGreenWay wrote:Yeah, if the evidence was irrefutable, he’d have to go, just like any other coach. I would then probably quit college basketball entirely, because Izzo cheating is easily one of the last things I ever thought I’d see.
Clearly you missed when he paid some guy a few bucks to coach at a summer camp and got suspended for a game. And now he supposedly had dinner with a family friend? He's out of control. A rogue coach that makes up his own rules. And let's not even get into how he doesn't kick players off the team for not committing crimes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 am

Sounds like there’s more info coming. Today it’s Arizona tomorrow who knows who it will be. Could be us, could be our hated rivals, could be a team we don’t give a fuck about. Either way I think this is an existential crisis for college sports and is the perfect time to reform it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:47 am

steveschneider wrote:Sounds like there’s more info coming. Today it’s Arizona tomorrow who knows who it will be. Could be us, could be our hated rivals, could be a team we don’t give a fuck about. Either way I think this is an existential crisis for college sports and is the perfect time to reform it.

Shocked
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:07 am

steveschneider wrote:Sounds like there’s more info coming. Today it’s Arizona tomorrow who knows who it will be. Could be us, could be our hated rivals, could be a team we don’t give a fuck about. Either way I think this is an existential crisis for college sports and is the perfect time to reform it.

Except reforming it will make college football and basketball professional leagues
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

I would be disappointed in Izzo and then I would move on to the next news story. I'd look forward to the football season followed by the next basketball season same as always. Nothing would really change for me unless MSU was not allowed to play basketball. Then I'd have to find some other form of entertainment to take the place of MSU Basketball. I'd probably watch MSU Hockey instead.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Yeah, if the evidence was irrefutable, he’d have to go, just like any other coach. I would then probably quit college basketball entirely, because Izzo cheating is easily one of the last things I ever thought I’d see.
Clearly you missed when he paid some guy a few bucks to coach at a summer camp and got suspended for a game. And now he supposedly had dinner with a family friend? He's out of control. A rogue coach that makes up his own rules. And let's not even get into how he doesn't kick players off the team for not committing crimes.
What would you say if there was a verified recording of Izzo on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment for a player? 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down