Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New and improved NCAA tournament games thread

+17
Rocinante
Herbie Green
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
SawGreen
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
y2kMgrad
Death Roe
Cameron
steveschneider
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
21 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

New and improved NCAA tournament games thread - Page 6 Empty Re: New and improved NCAA tournament games thread

Post by Guest 2018-04-01, 23:53

Rocinante wrote:I can’t name one person on their team.

Well this confirms Roc as a Blue basketball fan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New and improved NCAA tournament games thread - Page 6 Empty Re: New and improved NCAA tournament games thread

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-01, 23:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You guys shouldn't be talking shit about OTPT's favorite team.

Favorite may be a stretch, it’s more of a respect thing. Not sure this should surprise anyone after they wiped the floor with us twice. I’m too old to get all bitter and crazy about their success. Root against them? Sure. Downplay their accomplishments because of how teams in front of them ended up? Weak.

If you don’t get it by now, you never will. Sad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-02, 00:04

It's funny, I was downtown today sporting a Spartan sweatshirt.. a guy came up to me "how'd you guys do in the tournament?" I respond with you're joking right, he shows me his UofM shoes. Rolling Eyes

I tell him I'm rooting for nova right off the bat, he gets all bent out of shape about this asking "you're not rooting for big bro?" and says he'd root for MSU if it was us. New and improved NCAA tournament games thread - Page 6 502811600 Fucking tool takes 2-3 jabs and then is surprised that I'm not waving the big ten flag

cool story bro over
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-02, 08:28

Wanna guarantee that I'm not going to watch the NCAA hoop championship game? Start it at 9:30PM with one of the two teams being u of m.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-04-02, 10:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's funny, I was downtown today sporting a Spartan sweatshirt.. a guy came up to me "how'd you guys do in the tournament?" I respond with you're joking right, he shows me his UofM shoes. Rolling Eyes

I tell him I'm rooting for nova right off the bat, he gets all bent out of shape about this asking "you're not rooting for big bro?" and says he'd root for MSU if it was us. New and improved NCAA tournament games thread - Page 6 502811600 Fucking tool takes 2-3 jabs and then is surprised that I'm not waving the big ten flag

cool story bro over

New and improved NCAA tournament games thread - Page 6 502811600 A random UM fan said I was “pretty bold for wearing that [MSU jacket] out in public” *snicker*

They really are special
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-02, 10:26

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's funny, I was downtown today sporting a Spartan sweatshirt.. a guy came up to me "how'd you guys do in the tournament?" I respond with you're joking right, he shows me his UofM shoes. Rolling Eyes

cool story bro over

New and improved NCAA tournament games thread - Page 6 502811600 A random UM fan said I was “pretty bold for wearing that [MSU jacket] out in public” *snicker*

They really are special

He's pretty bold for trying to get through life without a college degree.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-02, 11:05

Da Mayor wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

They really are special

He's pretty bold for trying to get through life without a college degree.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-02, 11:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How far they are from top 2 level? Wat?
Here's a crazy idea, how about reading the entire sentence, rather than just a small snippet, while ignoring the context and qualification given. Nah, that wouldn't give you anything to scoff at if you did that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-02, 11:18

cool story bro over
I’ve never really understood why some people say they should root for other big ten teams. Why the hell would I want to do that? Even if you strip away the “I hate them” angle, what possible benefit is there for us if another big ten team wins? Fuck that. That makes no sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-02, 11:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

cool story bro over
I’ve never really understood why some people say they should root for other big ten teams. Why the hell would I want to do that? Even if you strip away the “I hate them” angle, what possible benefit is there for us if another big ten team wins? Fuck that. That makes no sense.

I’ve heard people argue that it brings the conference more money and prestige. Like I give a shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-02, 11:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

cool story bro over
Seems that the only times that people say that are when their team is an important game. I doubt that you'll find a UM fan trying talk you into rooting for Indiana over Wyoming in a non-conference football game, let alone paying attention or rooting for Indiana themselves.

I get the feeling that a lot of SEC fans root for any and all other SEC teams in bowl games. The "SEC! SEC!" chants is among the stupidest fucking thing in sports, but a lot of those dipshits still see it as some "North vs South" bullshit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-02, 13:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How far they are from top 2 level? Wat?
Here's a crazy idea, how about reading the entire sentence, rather than just a small snippet, while ignoring the context and qualification given. Nah, that wouldn't give you anything to scoff at if you did that.

I read your whole post. Sorry for quoting your own words.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-02, 13:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I read your whole post. Sorry for quoting your own words.
So you read the whole post, but only chose to quote a small selection in order to intentionally change the context of what I was saying? That's Paula Lavigne-level posting.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6