Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue?

+3
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
7 posters

Go down

What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue? Empty What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue?

Post by Guest 2018-04-12, 18:01

It seems you buy from the very puppy mills you supposedly hate.

The rescuers are so flush with cash they're actually enabling some puppy mills to expand operation
so enough pups are born to "rescue".

Dog rescuers, flush with donations, buy animals from the breeders they scorn

“We have breeders that breed for the auction,” says Will Yoder, a commercial breeder of Cavalier King Charles spaniels in Bloomfield, Iowa. “It’s a huge, huge underground market. It’s happening at an alarming rate.”

Many people are unaware of the practice. About 50 of the 86 groups that The Post linked to auction bidders made no mention of auctions on their web pages, 20 described what they were doing as “puppy mill rescue” or “auction rescue,” and 10 mentioned words such as “bought” or “purchased” at auction but did not say online how much they paid per dog.

Leading nonprofit animal-welfare groups, including the ASPCA, HSUS and the American Kennel Club purebred advocacy group, say rescuers are misguided in buying dogs at auction because the money they pay only encourages more breeding on a commercial scale.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue? Empty Re: What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-12, 18:08

They are just fucking dogs, who cares how you get it? Aren’t pets responsible for global warming? Fuck em
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue? Empty Re: What happens when you run short of dogs to rescue?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-12, 18:14

Millennial hates kids and dogs; knows everything. More at 11...
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-12, 18:47

Breaking: Older people having issues with younger people and their opinions... back to wbh in the studio with the weather
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-12, 18:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Millennial hates kids and dogs; knows everything. More at 11...

Some millennials are cool. Some think they’re the coolest in the room.

Goose, that’s a fucked up story. I guess kind of like cops wanting to keep weed illegal because it’s goid for business and private prisons.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-12, 19:01

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Millennial hates kids and dogs; knows everything. More at 11...

Some millennials are cool. Some think they’re the coolest in the room.

Goose, that’s a fucked up story. I guess kind of like cops wanting to keep weed illegal because it’s goid for business and private prisons.

My sister volunteers at a rescue shelter, I don't have the heart to send her that article. It's really strange sometimes how people/orgs forget their mission.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-04-12, 19:56

I'd have a few more rescue dogs if I had a damned fenced in yard (don't get me started).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-04-12, 20:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:They are just fucking dogs, who cares how you get it? Aren’t pets responsible for global warming? Fuck em
Bad take, fuck you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-13, 07:52

I'm a cat person.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-13, 08:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Breaking: Older people having issues with younger people and their opinions... back to wbh in the studio with the weather

Why do you even waste your time? I mean...you could be reading Tolstoy...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down