Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover. Real estate with shell companies

+4
Travis of the Cosmos
I.B. Fine
DWags
GRR Spartan
8 posters

Go down

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies Empty Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover. Real estate with shell companies

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 0:16

The Guardian started digging after Sean Hannity was named as Cohen's 3rd client.   Helluva deal.  Hannity was bashing President Obama for the foreclosure rate while using 20 shell companies to buy up foreclosed homes in multiple states.  He also got a $17M HUD guaranteed loan on a $22M Atlanta GA apartment complex.  Another anti-government "conservative" using government programs.

From the link:

"Hannity’s chosen investment strategy is confirmed by thousands of pages of public records reviewed by the Guardian, which detail a real estate portfolio of remarkable scale that has not previously been reported.

The records link Hannity to a group of shell companies that spent at least $90m on more than 870 homes in seven states over the past decade. The properties range from luxurious mansions to rentals for low-income families. Hannity is the hidden owner behind some of the shell companies and his attorney did not dispute that he owns all of them.

Dozens of the properties were bought at a discount in 2013, after banks foreclosed on their previous owners for defaulting on mortgages. Before and after then, Hannity sharply criticised Barack Obama for the US foreclosure rate. In January 2016, Hannity said there were “millions more Americans suffering under this president” partly because of foreclosures.

Hannity, 56, also amassed part of his property collection with support from the US Department for Housing and Urban Development (Hud), a fact he did not disclose when praising Ben Carson, the Hud secretary, on his television show last year."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/apr/22/michael-cohen-sean-hannity-property-real-estate-ben-carson-hud
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies Empty Re: Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover. Real estate with shell companies

Post by DWags Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 5:29

Drain the swamp
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies Empty Re: Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover. Real estate with shell companies

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 8:53

So what? Hannity is rich and invests in real estate. Nothing illegal or unethical.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 9:30

I.B. Fine wrote:So what? Hannity is rich and invests in real estate. Nothing illegal or unethical.
I think you’re confused about the concepts behind conflicts of interest and it’s impact on ethics.

Tbh though who gives a fuck. “Sean Hannity is a huge piece of shit who is shady as hell and no one should listen to him or anything Fox News has to say” yeah real breaking fuckin news going on over here. IB is still gonna tune in every night at 9 so it doesn’t matter.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 9:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:So what? Hannity is rich and invests in real estate. Nothing illegal or unethical.
I think you’re confused about the concepts behind conflicts of interest and it’s impact on ethics.

Tbh though who gives a fuck. “Sean Hannity is a huge piece of shit who is shady as hell and no one should listen to him or anything Fox News has to say” yeah real breaking fuckin news going on over here. IB is still gonna tune in every night at 9 so it doesn’t matter.
Sorry if I upset you, Trav. Feel free to hate on Hannity, I don't care one way or the other. I don't get too hung up on any talking heads. This just isn't news.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 9:40

I.B. Fine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Sorry if I upset you, Trav. Feel free to hate on Hannity, I don't care one way or the other. I don't get too hung up on any talking heads. This just isn't news.
Lol sure
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 9:54

When you interview the head of the department and do 't disclose that You're highly invested in it.  It's just unethical.   But look at who their president is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 10:37

Wait a minute this can't be true. Next are you going to tell me his freedom concerts for the families of veterans raised $10, 000,000 of which $400k actually went to the families?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 12:57

kingstonlake wrote:Wait a minute this can't be true. Next are you going to tell me his freedom concerts for the families of veterans raised $10, 000,000 of which $400k actually went to the families?

Is that true?  I'm naive here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 13:04

freedom concerts

Apparently yes, truly despicable.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/2010/03/20/freedom-scam/
Another example of why you need to research any charity you donate money to.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 13:52

kingstonlake wrote:Wait a minute this can't be true. Next are you going to tell me his freedom concerts for the families of veterans raised $10, 000,000 of which $400k actually went to the families?

That too. Here's a link from that liberal rag The American Conservative

From the link:
“According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10,822,785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers. On the other hand, 62% of the money went to “expenses,” including $979,485 for “consultants” and an “advisor.” Yes, consultant/advisors got more than double what injured troops and the kids of fallen troops got. The tax forms show that “New World Aviation” got paid $60,601 for “air travel.” Was that for Hannity’s G5? Like I said, neither the charity nor Hannity is talking. And finally, that year, Freedom Alliance spent $1,730,816 on postage and shipping and $1,414,215 on printing, for a total of $3,145,031, nearly half the revenue the charity spent that year and about eight times what the injured troops and the children of fallen ones received.”

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/2010/03/20/freedom-scam/

I wouldn't trust anyone who justifies Hannity's real estate deal by saying it was legal when they know that Hannity has made a living trashing government programs and slamming President Obama on housing foreclosures on radio and TV while buying up foreclosed properties with shell corporations and getting a $17.5M guaranteed loan on a $22M investment on the apratment complex in Atlanta.

I would jump to the conclusion their ethics were on par with his real estate "advisor" Cohen and other people within Cohen's orbit.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 14:01

Lol. Practically every Republican bastion of truth and American ideals is going down with this Russian investigation. Fox will be gutted. O’Reilly will be happy he got off with only sexual misconduct charges when the dust settles.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 16:28

Rocinante wrote:

Lol. Practically every Republican bastion of truth and American ideals is going down with this Russian investigation. Fox will be gutted. O’Reilly will be happy he got off with only sexual misconduct charges when the dust settles.
Maybe Hannity goes down for something, but I didn't see anything in that article that would do it.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:17

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Maybe Hannity goes down for something, but I didn't see anything in that article that would do it.

https://20committee.com/2018/04/19/fox-news-kremlin-ties-go-much-deeper-than-just-sean-hannity/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 20:04

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

https://20committee.com/2018/04/19/fox-news-kremlin-ties-go-much-deeper-than-just-sean-hannity/
What the hell is that site? Sorry, my tin foil hat is out at the cleaners
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 10:53

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

What the hell is that site? Sorry, my tin foil hat is out at the cleaners

haha, okay. He's a former instructor at the naval war college who has a long history in the intel community and lots of inside information. His information has proven out again and again, but yeah, tinfoil hat.

I mean he's no Joe Rogan, so....
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 11:03

I still have a hard time that "get government out of my life" knuckle-draggin' racist like Sean Hannity would take advantage of government programs to make himself a millionaire.

I mean, he seems so rational, logical and genuine concerned for humanity. Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:30

Is see nothing hypocritical about a staunch anti entitlement conservative getting a $17 million dollar loan from the government to buy a complex in a high pverty area where rent is subsidized by....you guessed it, the government via section 8 eligibility.......lol

So basically the staunch anti entitlement conservative is getting a government subsidized loan that is paid off by the government.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:36

kingstonlake wrote:Is see nothing hypocritical about a staunch anti entitlement conservative getting a $17 million dollar loan from the government to buy a complex in a high pverty area where rent is subsidized by....you guessed it, the government via section 8 eligibility.......lol

So basically the staunch anti entitlement conservative is getting a government subsidized loan that is paid off by the government.
while republicans, of course, see no problem with it because it's one of their mainstream media apologists.

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:33

Sean Hannity Kept Getting Deals on Properties Previously Owned by a Fraudster Specializing in Foreclosures

Hannity had acquired at least 11 properties through Brock, many at the weekly auction on the Cobb County courthouse steps. A records check showed that Brock had pleaded guilty to federal bid rigging and fraud charges in 2016.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:38

NigelUno wrote:Sean Hannity Kept Getting Deals on Properties Previously Owned by a Fraudster Specializing in Foreclosures

Hannity had acquired at least 11 properties through Brock, many at the weekly auction on the Cobb County courthouse steps. A records check showed that Brock had pleaded guilty to federal bid rigging and fraud charges in 2016.
I like the part where Hannity said he gave Cohen 10 dollars for his advice..

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600 Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600 Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Sean Hannity Kept Getting Deals on Properties Previously Owned by a Fraudster Specializing in Foreclosures

I like the part where Hannity said he gave Cohen 10 dollars for his advice..

Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600 Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600 Guardian blows Sean Hannity's "Everyman" cover.  Real estate with shell companies 502811600

There are some shady characters involved in foreclosures/mortgage fraud/get rich quick schemes. Surely, Hannity wouldn't be involved in anything like that...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 13:08

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I like the part where Hannity said he gave Cohen 10 dollars for his advice..

There are some shady characters involved in foreclosures/mortgage fraud/get rich quick schemes. Surely, Hannity wouldn't be involved in anything like that...
yeah - he seems like such an honorable family man. Who has nothing but love for his family, the bible and the troops.

TROOPS!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down