Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL: 15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.

+20
Cameron
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
StylesGShmooth
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
InTenSity
Clarett's Folly
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  Empty NFL: 15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.

Post by DWags 2018-05-23, 07:42

Another dumb ass move.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  Empty Re: NFL: 15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 07:43

TROOPS!!!

NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  Empty Re: NFL: 15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-23, 07:46

DWags wrote:Another dumb ass move.

What if a player on both teams does it?

Offsetting penalties?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 07:48

NigelUno wrote:

Offsetting penalties?  
then each player has to use a separate drinking fountain from the rest of the team..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-05-23, 07:56

NigelUno wrote:

Offsetting penalties?

Yep. This is the real question. If you get a guy from each team to do it then what?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-23, 08:00

The problem is the media coverage. If the networks stopped showing guys kneeling, then we wouldn't have copycat kneelers.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-05-23, 08:09

I can't believe people are this offended by it. I don't have to sing the national anthem before working every day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 08:11

NigelUno wrote:The problem is the media coverage. If the networks stopped showing guys kneeling, then we wouldn't have copycat kneelers.

Haha!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 08:14

InTenSity wrote:I can't believe people are this offended by it. I don't have to sing the national anthem before working every day.

We don’t sing the national anthem before a movie, or before a play. Maybe it’s time we separate sports and state.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-23, 08:20

NigelUno wrote:

Offsetting penalties?  

This is great. I can't wait for the first time there's collusion to make this happen. F the NFL.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-23, 08:20

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I can't believe people are this offended by it. I don't have to sing the national anthem before working every day.

We don’t sing the national anthem before a movie, or before a play. Maybe it’s time we separate sports and state.

Problem is, we have "super patriots" now.  There would be faux outrage at such a thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 08:21

I only watched 3 nfl games last year. I watched Lions on MNF, watched Patriots vs Bills just because I was at the inlaws in Massachusetts and I watched the Super Bowl. It’s a 3 way tie for the reasons I don’t watch anymore the CTE issue, the racism in the league and the way they allow players that are violent towards women back on the field.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-23, 08:23

steveschneider wrote:I only watched 3 nfl games last year. I watched Lions on MNF, watched Patriots vs Bills just because I was at the inlaws in Massachusetts and I watched the Super Bowl. It’s a 3 way tie for the reasons I don’t watch anymore the CTE issue, the racism in the league and the way they allow players that are violent towards women back on the field.

And Sundays are pretty cool family time too.   Nice meal, do shit around the house.  I guess I've had it on as background, but I've not sat through an NFL game in a while.  It's on a t.v. if I'm home, but it doesn't include me sitting watching every play.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 08:25

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I guess let them have their dying sport. I’ve watched more basketball this year, I’d have to go back to the early 90s since I followed it this closely. The NBA is light years beyond the NFL with dealing with social issues. The NBA has better leadership and it shows.

Problem is, we have "super patriots" now.  There would be faux outrage at such a thing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 08:27

I stand for the anthem.. I kneel for the cross.

#America

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-23, 08:29

NigelUno wrote:The problem is the media coverage.  If the networks stopped showing guys kneeling, then we wouldn't have copycat kneelers.  

It warms my heart to see that even our village idiot can grasp the concept that if you provide publicity for a behavior you encourage more of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 08:32

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I only watched 3 nfl games last year. I watched Lions on MNF, watched Patriots vs Bills just because I was at the inlaws in Massachusetts and I watched the Super Bowl. It’s a 3 way tie for the reasons I don’t watch anymore the CTE issue, the racism in the league and the way they allow players that are violent towards women back on the field.

And Sundays are pretty cool family time too.   Nice meal, do shit around the house.  I guess I've had it on as background, but I've not sat through an NFL game in a while.  It's on a t.v. if I'm home, but it doesn't include me sitting watching every play.

Agreed. there really is life after football.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-23, 13:01

World News Tonight‏Verified account @ABCWorldNews 1m1 minute ago
NEW: NFL Players Association says it was not consulted on new policy. "Our union will review the new 'policy' and challenge any aspect of it that is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement." http://abcn.ws/2GHKxhB
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 13:02

so rich white "owners" are going to fine minorities who disobey their orders?

I guess it's better than hanging them by a tree limb or burning a cross in the yard. NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600

#America
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-23, 13:05

This country....NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 13:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This country....NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600
America is a stupid country..

entertaining, but stupid. NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-23, 13:28

Like others, my first thought was the offsetting penalties. So is this just a completely meaningless rule meant to just give lip service? Or is this going to count as a "first offense" penalty, where a second 15 yard PF penalty gets you ejected?

Other questions that come to mind:

Is sitting during the anthem ok?

What constitutes kneeling? What if a player's knee is just off the ground not touching it?

How about crouching during the anthem?

Part of the stupidity of this, is that there dozens of different ways that someone can protest the anthem, that wouldn't be considered kneeling.

But the biggest stupidity of all, is that kneeling is seen as a sign of disrespect, when for everything else, it's a sign of respect, deference, loyalty, fealty, humility, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2018-05-23, 13:30

To be clear this was never about the flag.  Faux outrage wrapped in faux patriotism.  Up until about 8 years ago the teams weren't even on the field for the anthem and no one cared.  Odd that so many peoeple were upset when the Steelers did it this year.  Some of the teams knelt before the anthem and then stood for the antherm, still those die hard patriots were booing for some reason.  Also, in the entire history of man kneeling has never been considered disrespectful.  Hell, a former Green Beret is the one that convinced Kap to kneel because it showed respect.  All those patriots out there ought to really admit what they had a problem with.

All that said, I don't think many would've knelt anyway.  The message was lost a long time ago.  I'm curious what alternative might be thought up though and the reaction.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-23, 13:40

The NFL owners shouldn't be stupid people but it seems especially dumb to stir this hornet's nest. It had pretty much calmed down by the end of the year and now they stirred it all back up. In the end no one will be happy.

Pointless protest.
Faux outrage.
Virtue signaling
More controversy.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 13:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:Like others, my first thought was the offsetting penalties. So is this just a completely meaningless rule meant to just give lip service? Or is this going to count as a "first offense" penalty, where a second 15 yard PF penalty gets you ejected?

What constitutes kneeling? What if a player's knee is just off the ground not touching it?

Part of the stupidity of this, is that there dozens of different ways that someone can protest the anthem, that wouldn't be considered kneeling.

But the biggest stupidity of all, is that kneeling is seen as a sign of disrespect, when for everything else, it's a sign of respect, deference, loyalty, fealty, humility, etc.

The league can’t even define a catch so what is a kneel?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 13:58

StylesGShmooth wrote:To be clear this was never about the flag.  Faux outrage wrapped in faux patriotism.  Up until about 8 years ago the teams weren't even on the field for the anthem and no one cared.  Odd that so many peoeple were upset when the Steelers did it this year.  Some of the teams knelt before the anthem and then stood for the antherm, still those die hard patriots were booing for some reason.  Also, in the entire history of man kneeling has never been considered disrespectful.  Hell, a former Green Beret is the one that convinced Kap to kneel because it showed respect.  All those patriots out there ought to really admit what they had a problem with.

All that said, I don't think many would've knelt anyway.  The message was lost a long time ago.  I'm curious what alternative might be thought up though and the reaction.
we can't let black people think they have too many rights.. that's how we got a black president, remember??
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-23, 14:09

NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600 NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600

Fuck the nfl and this country.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-23, 14:12

LooseGoose wrote:The NFL owners shouldn't be stupid people but it seems especially dumb to stir this hornet's nest. It had pretty much calmed down by the end of the year and now they stirred it all back up. In the end no one will be happy.

Pointless protest.
Faux outrage.
Virtue signaling
More controversy.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Wait.

Why is it a pointless protest?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-23, 14:13

I can't wait for this to get moved to the Bin so Goose can't post anymore. NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  276803595
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-23, 14:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I can't wait for this to get moved to the Bin so Goose can't post anymore. NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  276803595

Where threads go to die.

And your getting pleasure from curtailing free speech is no surprise to those that have seen your Fascist tendencies.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-23, 14:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I can't wait for this to get moved to the Bin so Goose can't post anymore. NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  276803595

Where threads go to die.

And your getting pleasure from curtailing free speech is no surprise to those that have seen your Fascist tendencies.

You're kind of looney tunes aren't you? NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-23, 14:21

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The NFL owners shouldn't be stupid people but it seems especially dumb to stir this hornet's nest. It had pretty much calmed down by the end of the year and now they stirred it all back up. In the end no one will be happy.

Pointless protest.
Faux outrage.
Virtue signaling
More controversy.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Wait.

Why is it a pointless protest?

I’m guessing because it’s by and large a minority protest and goose knows in Trump world it won’t matter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-23, 14:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600 NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600

NFL ratings are going to keep declining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJScIxpTrm8

Not my type of crowd.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-23, 14:25

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Like others, my first thought was the offsetting penalties. So is this just a completely meaningless rule meant to just give lip service? Or is this going to count as a "first offense" penalty, where a second 15 yard PF penalty gets you ejected?

Just wait until they go to video review to find out if players completed the kneel or not.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-23, 14:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Just wait until they go to video review to find out if players completed the kneel or not.

Intent to kneel will be a 5 yard penalty. You have to complete the process to get the full 15 yards. NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2018-05-23, 14:31

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600 NFL:  15 yard penalty if you kneel for anthem.  502811600

NFL ratings are going to keep declining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJScIxpTrm8

Not my type of crowd.

Funny thing is this is an attempt to curtail the ratings decline supposedly due to people not watching because of kneeling while not acknowledging that there were just as many if not more on the other side not watching exactly because of stuff like this and the blackballing of Kap.

I know a lot of people that tuned out last year and I would've been one of them if I didn't have to watch.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-23, 14:37

DWags wrote:I’m guessing because it’s by and large a minority protest and goose knows in Trump world it won’t matter.

Wags, I'm disappointed that you're joining the race hustlers.

It's a pointless protest because it was going to accomplish nothing positive and was based on a false narrative.

The original kneeling was Kaepernick protesting the "Hands up, Don't shoot" lie from the Michael Brown shooting. In subsequent interviews he specifically mentioned Mr Brown's body being in the street for so long as a lack of respect.

I criticized the owners and call them stupid for stirring this up - I suppose that's a racial thing too? Anyone that disagrees with the Leftist slant on this board is immediately a racist. I guess Bob's 4 year parrot act has hammered that into each of you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-23, 14:40

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:I’m guessing because it’s by and large a minority protest and goose knows in Trump world it won’t matter.

It's a pointless protest because it was going to accomplish nothing positive and was based on a false narrative.

The original kneeling was Kaepernick protesting the "Hands up, Don't shoot" lie from the Michael Brown shooting. In subsequent interviews he specifically mentioned Mr Brown's body being in the street for so long as a lack of respect.

I criticized the owners and call them stupid for stirring this up - I suppose that's a racial thing too? Anyone that disagrees with the Leftist slant on this board is immediately a racist. I guess Bob's 4 year parrot act has hammered that into each of you.

Yeah! The black man should know when to keep quiet. You tell em Goose!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-23, 14:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah! The black man should know when to keep quiet. You tell em Goose!

Show me once where I said that? See you dumb fucks make stuff up and attribute it to me - then you're dumb enough to actually believe I said it.

Now spend the next week claiming you didn't make that up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-05-23, 14:44

This is fucking dumb
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next