Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB

+10
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB Empty I want a white player to kneel for tSSB

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 20:49

Fuck this I'm gonna put my hand on your shoulder bullshit. If you believe in the cause and have your teammate's back, bend the knee like Jon Snow is gonna do.

Here's how you do it. Hell this is what the black players should be doing, too. You prove your appreciation for the troops by donating $10k or something to Wounded Warriors for every game you kneel.

Who is going to be the first white player to bend the knee?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB Empty Re: I want a white player to kneel for tSSB

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-21, 20:52

My prediction is Kirk Cousins.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB Empty Re: I want a white player to kneel for tSSB

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 21:03

I don't think so Floyd. He seems to be a pretty good dude but if I had to guess where he comes out on the political spectrum it would be just left of David Duke. That's just speculation of course. But he is a blond haired, blue eyed dude from West MI who is ultra religious so I'm just connecting the dots.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-21, 21:14

I gave that some thought, WBH, before I posted my answer. I think he'll actually do it as a calculated move.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:My prediction is Kirk Cousins.

Lol not a chance in hell.

Cancel the fuckin anthem. It's the weirdest indoctrination thing we do. It makes no sense if you can get beyond the thought that we've been doing it since the world wars and its "tradition." Seriously. Think about it. Why the hell do we play the national anthem before sporting events? Why do we take 5 minutes before watching athletes to praise the flag and the country? It makes no sense. Other countries do not do this. We don't before sessions of congress. Or before this speech trump is giving right now. Or other times when it is appropriate. Why is it a must before sporting events? Scrap it altogether.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:I gave that some thought, WBH, before I posted my answer. I think he'll actually do it as a calculated move.

Which calculation? The one where he's entering a contract year and just watched Kaepernick not even get signed because of the anthem stuff? Not a chance in hell.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 21:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Cancel the fuckin anthem. It's the weirdest indoctrination thing we do. It makes no sense if you can get beyond the thought that we've been doing it since the world wars and its "tradition." Seriously. Think about it. Why the hell do we play the national anthem before sporting events? Why do we take 5 minutes before watching athletes to praise the flag and the country? It makes no sense. Other countries do not do this. We don't before sessions of congress. Or before this speech trump is giving right now. Or other times when it is appropriate. Why is it a must before sporting events? Scrap it altogether.

Mostly agree. But question, I don't know the history. When it was just the Original 6 did they do it in Toronto and Montreal?

BTW Oh Canada kicks tSSB's ass. I bend the knee to Jaques Cousteau and O Canada.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:22

As far as who would do it... Chris Long is the only one who has been outspoken lately since he's from Virginia. So i guess I'd go with him. Outside of that... some NBA player assuming you are okay with outside of the NFL
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Mostly agree. But question, I don't know the history. When it was just the Original 6 did they do it in Toronto and Montreal?

BTW Oh Canada kicks tSSB's ass. I bend the knee to Jaques Cousteau and O Canada.

No idea about the original six. The tradition started during WWI and with baseball. Maybe it hadn't expanded to the NHL at that point. But I'm just guessing.

And Russia has the best anthem. I mean. Just think of rocky IV. It's kinda badass.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 21:25

Also, I have to state re: Kaep. His problem is not that he started the protest. His problem is that he's not very good, and at the moment not particularly in football shape or dedicated to playing. If a black/half black QB who was good, and in football shape bent the knee this shit would not even be an issue nor a talking point.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

No idea about the original six. The tradition started during WWI and with baseball. Maybe it hadn't expanded to the NHL at that point. But I'm just guessing.

And Russia has the best anthem. I mean. Just think of rocky IV. It's kinda badass.

Listen Travis. We got an Apple IIe from Santa when I was like 9 or 10. One of the first games I got to play was Summer Games. I remember the Russian Anthem. It is no O Canada my friend. O Canada is like the Sinatra compared to Russia's Dean Martin compared to Star Spangled Banner's Ricky Martin.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Also, I have to state re: Kaep. His problem is not that he started the protest. His problem is that he's not very good, and at the moment not particularly in football shape or dedicated to playing. If a black/half black QB who was good, and in football shape bent the knee this shit would not even be an issue nor a talking point.

I haven't watched him play in try outs so I wouldn't really know that. I think that if he didn't protest, and wanted to play, he'd be a back up somewhere.... just based on experience and all that. I mean, guys like Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch managed to stick around for a decade+ as backup "oh shit" plans.

I hope the lions sign him. It would be great. They won't though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-21, 21:30

God Save The Queen Debate: 8 Athletes Who Have ‘Snubbed’ Their National Anthem
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Listen Travis. We got an Apple IIe from Santa when I was like 9 or 10. One of the first games I got to play was Summer Games. I remember the Russian Anthem. It is no O Canada my friend. O Canada is like the Sinatra compared to Russia's Dean Martin compared to Star Spangled Banner's Ricky Martin.

Look, I like it a lot. We're talking about the old soviet one right? For a decade after the fall of the Soviet Union they changed it. It was bad. They changed it back, but took out the reference to Stalin. It was better again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 21:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Also, I have to state re: Kaep. His problem is not that he started the protest. His problem is that he's not very good, and at the moment not particularly in football shape or dedicated to playing. If a black/half black QB who was good, and in football shape bent the knee this shit would not even be an issue nor a talking point.

I haven't watched him play in try outs so I wouldn't really know that. I think that if he didn't protest, and wanted to play, he'd be a back up somewhere.... just based on experience and all that. I mean, guys like Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch managed to stick around for a decade+ as backup "oh shit" plans.

I hope the lions sign him. It would be great. They won't though.

This is true. And obviously I haven't either. But I have some secret twitter follows and whatnot that know what's up. And based purely on that speculation I think the guy is not dedicated to football right now. It's 100% fact. (but seriously, I think that's what's going on).
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-21, 21:33

I don't know which one we're talking about. I'm talking about the one that was en vogue circa '87 or so. Fuckin Twins. Totally ruined 1987.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:35

NigelUno wrote:

God Save The Queen Debate: 8 Athletes Who Have ‘Snubbed’ Their National Anthem

I'm just assuming this is because I said other countries do not do this.... all of those are "national team" events. They do not play the anthem before standard club team games*

*i do not know if they do at some point before. They do not once the teams are on the field.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-21, 21:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know which one we're talking about. I'm talking about the one that was en vogue circa '87 or so. Fuckin Twins. Totally ruined 1987.

That's gotta be the sweet one
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-21, 23:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

O Canada is great. Definitely better than the Star Spangled Banner.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-22, 01:30

You're talking about tStar Spangled Banner? That's what this thread is about? I thought you were referencing tSpartan Swill Bin! I was hoping we'd get to see someone like Jack Conklin bend a knee for the Bin!
This is such a fucking letdown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-22, 08:12

All these asshats that are bitching about the anthem and kneeling are doing so from their ass on the couch while it's playing. I'd bet a house payment that 99% of these guys complaining have their cell phones out, are sitting on a couch while the anthem is playing and are saying to their other racist nazi friends via cell phones, "Look at those disrespectful black guys kneeling! We fought wars for their ability to play". Then, after the anthem is over and one of those disrespectful black guys score a touchdown, they finally get their ass up off the couch and cheer.

Sometimes I hate this country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-22, 08:16

DWags wrote:All these asshats that are bitching about the anthem and kneeling are doing so from their ass on the couch while it's playing. I'd bet a house payment that 99% of these guys complaining have their cell phones out, are sitting on a couch while the anthem is playing and are saying to their other racist nazi friends via cell phones, "Look at those disrespectful black guys kneeling! We fought wars for their ability to play". Then, after the anthem is over and one of those disrespectful black guys score a touchdown, they finally get their ass up off the couch and cheer.

Sometimes I hate this country.
never underestimate the whine-factor of right wing snowflakes. I've never seen such a bunch of sensitive little people in my entire life.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-22, 08:25

A whole bunch of Cleveland browns kneeled yesterday. I bet one of them was white. Google it yourself I don't feel like it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-22, 08:27

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB 836525120.0

Nevermind that was easy enough. White guy. We got a white guy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-22, 08:35

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB 3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-22, 08:41

Also we all forgot about Megan Rapinoe from last summer, the women's national team soccer player. She's white. Does she not count wbh? Huh? She not good enough for you to count? This is why she kneeled in he first place you asshole.

I forgot too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-22, 08:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also we all forgot about Megan Rapinoe from last summer, the women's national team soccer player. She's white. Does she not count wbh? Huh? She not good enough for you to count? This is why she kneeled in he first place you asshole.

I forgot too.
it only matters when black people do it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-22, 08:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also we all forgot about Megan Rapinoe from last summer, the women's national team soccer player. She's white. Does she not count wbh? Huh? She not good enough for you to count? This is why she kneeled in he first place you asshole.

I forgot too.
it only matters when black people do it.

Especially Jesus Peppers.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-08-22, 09:26

I forgot too.

Soccer and especially girl's soccer does not count.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-22, 09:28

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I forgot too.

I didn't know we even had an American soccer team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-22, 09:32

DWags wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I didn't know we even had an American soccer team.

you missed that 2015 women's World Cup win? Why do you hate America dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-22, 09:42

I believe I correctly guessed Seth DeValve

http://deadspin.com/seth-devalve-is-the-first-white-player-to-kneel-for-the-1798295618

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/899844679197487104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-899844679197487104%26autosize%3D1
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-22, 09:45

4th round pick last year from Princeton. Played in 12 games, had 10 catches and 2 TDs.

Interesting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-22, 09:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4th round pick last year from Princeton. Played in 12 games, had 10 catches and 2 TDs.

Interesting.

He's smarter than us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-22, 10:40

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4th round pick last year from Princeton. Played in 12 games, had 10 catches and 2 TDs.

Interesting.

He's smarter than us.

Well, not that much smarter. Sure, it's Princeton, but it's still Jersey.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-08-22, 13:19

Why am I not surprised that Jesus Peppers did something that puts him at the center of attention.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-16, 18:28

Looks like this won't happen.

NFL’s kneeling comes to abrupt halt: Protesters miss playoffs

It appears that NFL players are no longer taking a knee during the national anthem, namely because none of the teams with still-active protesters has qualified for the postseason.

By the end of the regular season, only five teams featured at least one player regularly sitting or kneeling on the sidelines for the anthem: the Seattle Seahawks, the San Francisco 49ers, the Miami Dolphins, the New York Giants and the Oakland Raiders.

None of those franchises made the playoffs, even though four of the five did so in the previous season, leading to speculation about whether the take-a-knee protests wound up dragging down team performance along with TV ratings.

“By their actions, the kneelers brought controversy into the locker rooms, and this kind of distraction is always going to be detrimental to team cohesiveness,”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-16, 18:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think so Floyd. He seems to be a pretty good dude but if I had to guess where he comes out on the political spectrum it would be just left of David Duke. That's just speculation of course. But he is a blond haired, blue eyed dude from West MI who is ultra religious so I'm just connecting the dots.

I want a white player to kneel for tSSB 1486952199
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-16, 19:12

LooseGoose wrote:Looks like this won't happen.

It appears that NFL players are no longer taking a knee during the national anthem, namely because none of the teams with still-active protesters has qualified for the postseason.

By the end of the regular season, only five teams featured at least one player regularly sitting or kneeling on the sidelines for the anthem: the Seattle Seahawks, the San Francisco 49ers, the Miami Dolphins, the New York Giants and the Oakland Raiders.

None of those franchises made the playoffs, even though four of the five did so in the previous season, leading to speculation about whether the take-a-knee protests wound up dragging down team performance along with TV ratings.

“By their actions, the kneelers brought controversy into the locker rooms, and this kind of distraction is always going to be detrimental to team cohesiveness,”
What won’t happen? A white player kneeling? That totally happened. Meanwhile your boy talks about his love for only Norway and how much he hates people protesting (something or other who cares what they are actually saying right)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-16, 19:18

LooseGoose wrote:Looks like this won't happen.

Why didn't you quote the rest of the last paragraph? Here, allow me:

said Robert Kuykendall, a spokesman for the conservative corporate watchdog 2ndVote.

Fuck that guy, he's a complete idiot and that is a moronic take. And as a spokesman for a conservative corporate watchdog, he is actively wasting his own life. What a fucking dunce.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next