Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my daughter a bully?

+11
MSU addict
tTy
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
Bill Cain
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
15 posters

Go down

Is my daughter a bully? Empty Is my daughter a bully?

Post by InTenSity Thu May 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Yesterday during active shooter drills, for kindergarteners, my daughter and a friend told another girl that the bad guy was going to kill her. The other girl started crying, saying that she'd never see her family again. This took place in the bathroom where they were told to hide. I told her she can't do things like that. She said they were just joking while trying to hide from the bad guys.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is my daughter a bully? Empty Re: Is my daughter a bully?

Post by y2kMgrad Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Guns don’t kill people, kindergarteners kill people.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm

I would advise you against buying her a trench coat.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu May 24, 2018 7:33 pm

If that’s how it went down, absolutely she bullied that other child. Are you going to do anything about it?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu May 24, 2018 7:35 pm

All I know for sure is that active shooter training for kindergartners makes me sad.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Floyd nailed it.

When my kids were in kindergarten a couple of decades ago and even when I was in kindergarten all we had fire drills and didn't want them screwing up recess or snacks.

Just tell the kids its a safety drill. Safety could mean storms, power failures and there doesn't have to be a mention of people with guns to 5 year olds.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:If that’s how it went down, absolutely she bullied that other child. Are you going to do anything about it?
First it was to her 'best friend'. Second, her story is a little confusing. I'm not sure if the girl started crying thinking about what if she died and mentioned it first. Third, after she told me, I told her to never tell any of her friends they are going to die. That it isn't nice. She gets purple codes, for best behavior all the time, so hearing this story, I don't really think she told her friend she was going to die.
Last, like Floyd said, I was more...how do I describe it, not depressed, but more than concerned. It sucks that my 6 year old is training for an active shooter. It sucks that the teachers have to feel responsible if something like this happens. Since Parkland is only about 15-20 miles away, I'm not sure if they did this all year, or if this was the first time.
I feel bad that my daughter is going to grow up always looking for an escape out of a classroom in case there is a 'bad guy' in the school.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Welcome to the NRA's America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Thu May 24, 2018 9:22 pm

As a child I........... Look you need to be mean to develop empathy for other people. That’s at least what I always said to myself. I’m one of the more empathetic men out of my group of friends but as a kid eh...I’d rather not have those memories

Last edited by Bill Cain on Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:All I know for sure is that active shooter training for kindergartners makes me sad.
This Is my daughter a bully? 4177874726
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu May 24, 2018 9:28 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:All I know for sure is that active shooter training for kindergartners makes me sad.
This Is my daughter a bully? 4177874726

We should arm Kindergartners.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Active shooter training for kindergartners wouldn't have to even take place if we actually fortified schools as we did airports after 911.

Maybe we should make airports as soft a target as elementary schools are now, and harden elementary schools as though they were airports for 5 years as an experiment just to see where the violence occurs, since, evidently, nobody can fucking figure it out otherwise.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 pm

tTy wrote:Active shooter training for kindergartners wouldn't have to even take place if we actually fortified schools as we did airports after 911.

Maybe we should make airports as soft a target as elementary schools are now, and harden elementary schools as though they were airports for 5 years as an experiment just to see where the violence occurs, since, evidently, nobody can fucking figure it out otherwise.
Yeah, that's the solution.

To quote Bob "Welcome to the NRA's America."
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 pm

MSU addict wrote:
tTy wrote:Active shooter training for kindergartners wouldn't have to even take place if we actually fortified schools as we did airports after 911.

You fucking people are so blind. Bob's America would have just aborted all these inconvenient fetuses and then we wouldn't even care about who killed them.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu May 24, 2018 10:34 pm

I remember drills to prepare us in the event of nuclear holocaust.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 24, 2018 10:35 pm

So why can’t i quote anybody?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 pm

DWags wrote:So why can’t i quote anybody?

hi
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu May 24, 2018 10:39 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:I remember drills to prepare us in the event of nuclear holocaust.  

I remember going through airport security that you couldn't get a gun through if you had to. I think we should do the same thing for schools. Doesn't have anything to do with the "nra". Just put in a single point of entry and metal detectors. Not sure why democrats hate this idea. Fucking easy solution.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu May 24, 2018 10:40 pm

tTy wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

You fucking people are so blind.  Bob's America would have just aborted all these inconvenient fetuses and then we wouldn't even care about who killed them.
Yeah, I am the blind one.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 24, 2018 10:41 pm

So I’m on my cell and don’t have the quote function.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu May 24, 2018 10:42 pm

tTy wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I remember drills to prepare us in the event of nuclear holocaust.  

I remember going through airport security that you couldn't get a gun through if you had to.  I think we should do the same thing for schools.  Doesn't have anything to do with the "nra".  Just put in a single point of entry and metal detectors.  Not sure why democrats hate this idea.  Fucking easy solution.  
I really do hope you are drunk.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu May 24, 2018 10:44 pm

MSU addict wrote:
tTy wrote:

I remember going through airport security that you couldn't get a gun through if you had to.  I think we should do the same thing for schools.  Doesn't have anything to do with the "nra".  Just put in a single point of entry and metal detectors.  Not sure why democrats hate this idea.  Fucking easy solution.  

I always know that I'm kicking someones ass in an argument when they get personal.  Game.  Set.  Match.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 pm

tTy wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I always know that I'm kicking someones ass in an argument when they get personal.  Game.  Set.  Match.
On second thought your idea does have merit.  

I say we do it, and we pay for it by taxing guns and ammunition.

And that was not intended to be personal.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu May 24, 2018 10:53 pm

my "idea" is not serious, bro.  I was being fasecious.  We protect airports every single day like we are expecting an attack every single day.  Yet, we allow almost every single school in America to be wide open in terms of entry........... hello.......... Secure our fucking schools.  It has NOTHING to do with the nra.  it has nothing to do with putting "guns in schools"  It has everything to do with protecting our children and making the entering and exiting of schools and other soft targets a "thing".  Right now, you can walk into any school in america and shoot it the fuck up.  Why is this the fault of the nra?  lmfao, that is fucking retarded.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu May 24, 2018 11:08 pm

tTy wrote:my "idea" is not serious, bro.  I was being fasecious.  We protect airports every single day like we are expecting an attack every single day.  Yet, we allow almost every single school in America to be wide open in terms of entry........... hello.......... Secure our fucking schools.  It has NOTHING to do with the nra.  it has nothing to do with putting "guns in schools"  It has everything to do with protecting our children and making the entering and exiting of schools and other soft targets a "thing".  Right now, you can walk into any school in america and shoot it the fuck up.  Why is this the fault of the nra?  lmfao, that is fucking retarded.
I am glad to hear your idea is not serious.  

Simple math...

There are roughly 800 airports in the US with passenger service, we spend appropriately 7.6 billion every year just for the TSA.  There are approximately 100,000 public schools in the US.  "Securing our schools" is not a simple task.

Last edited by MSU addict on Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Rocinante wrote:If that’s how it went down, absolutely she bullied that other child. Are you going to do anything about it?
First it was to her 'best friend'. Second, her story is a little confusing. I'm not sure if the girl started crying thinking about what if she died and mentioned it first. Third, after she told me, I told her to never tell any of her friends they are going to die. That it isn't nice. She gets purple codes, for best behavior all the time, so hearing this story, I don't really think she told her friend she was going to die.
Last, like Floyd said, I was more...how do I describe it, not depressed, but more than concerned. It sucks that my 6 year old is training for an active shooter. It sucks that the teachers have to feel responsible if something like this happens. Since Parkland is only about 15-20 miles away, I'm not sure if they did this all year, or if this was the first time.
I feel bad that my daughter is going to grow up always looking for an escape out of a classroom in case there is a 'bad guy' in the school.
In my opinion, your daughter was not trying to bully her friend.

I have done active shooter training and it can be stressful - especially if you are six.  I am not sure many six year olds even truly grasp the concept of death.  

My guess, your daughter is more likely just confused and worried herself.  Talk with her about it, ask her is she has questions.  Explain that such events are extremely rare but it is important to be be prepared and to know what to do in the unlikely event that it happens.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri May 25, 2018 7:11 am

Yep, go into the hallway, sit down, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Yep, go into the hallway, sit down, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

Those were the days. Fun times.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 am

Goose said schools are safer now than in the past. You're going to need to run your idea past him first.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri May 25, 2018 11:02 am

InTenSity wrote:

Sounds like a one off. You're a good dad. I don't know how old you are, but when I was a kid we had nuclear war drills. I used to cry to my mom at night that I was scared of a nuclear war. I was probably pretty cognisant of it from like 7-8 until I was in middle school. I imagine the emotional trauma of facing an existential threat to be similar to the training for an actual threat, except that if the children are aware at all of the news, they are aware that school shootings actually happen relatively often. It is fucked up, but I guess I'd rather they have some routine, like a tornado drill.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri May 25, 2018 11:09 am

Our 3rd grader's school already has one entrance. All the other doors are locked on the outside during the school day. However, there's a lot more to it. Like the kid in FL who pulled the fire alarm to get other kids outside. Or Sandy Hook where the kid shot through the locked doors and basically stormed the entrance. There are ways to not infringe on the right to own while simultaneously getting guns out of the hands of dangerous people. Gun rights advocates need to be willing to come to the table.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 am

School shooting in Indiana this morning.

Congrats NRA - you guys are having a great end to the school year.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri May 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:School shooting in Indiana this morning.

Congrats NRA - you guys are having a great end to the school year.

Just wondering, does the NRA recruit like the Taliban does? Offer to either pay your family or kill your family if you don't comply with their orders? Seems only logical to me, unless maybe they have a signup list somewhere so that you can be next in line to go shoot up a school. Otherwise it seems like the NRA would be defending themselves in court way more than they are when it comes to school shootings.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down