Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control

5 posters

Go down

Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control Empty Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-25, 17:36

If a circuit shorts just as you turn on cruise control, you might not be able to turn it off. Shocked

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/643982002

This has been a message in the public interest, from your friend, tGreenWay.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control Empty Re: Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-25, 17:41

Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control Maxresdefault
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control Empty Re: Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-25, 18:44

When they first heard about this problem they really accelerated the recall process.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-05-25, 19:48

So we'll end up with a few more people driving out of control on our highways? Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-25, 20:01

Whoa, pump the brakes, Kingston. The official recall hasn’t even been issued, which tells me they aren’t moving very fast at all.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-25, 20:35

tGreenWay wrote:Whoa, pump the brakes, Kingston. The official recall hasn’t even been issued, which tells me they aren’t moving very fast at all.

Is the recall coast to coast? If not, I'd hope they resume an inquiry over what happened. If there's no danger to anyone they should decelerate the recall or even stop it. I'm sure they have control of the situation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-25, 22:19

Not cruise control related but reminded me:

Had an '87 Mustang GT 5-speed when I lived in Royal Oak. Was getting on EB 696 from 75 early (was still dark) one Saturday morning to go to work. 696 had not been completed at the time so there was never any traffic. Got off the ramp whipping the gears.

Was doing 110 when I decided to back off because of the curve before Dequindre...cops liked to hide around the corner on the left shoulder. Took my foot off the gas but the car kept accelerating. Confused and at the pre-shitting my pants stage I pushed in the clutch. Motor immediately raced over redline so I let the clutch back out fearing the engine would blow. Car commenced pulling like it had a mind of its own.

Was probably north of 120...not sure because I was no longer looking at the speedo. Pushed the clutch back in and turned the ignition off simultaneously. Threw the stick in neutral and quietly flew up the Dequindre exit ramp onto the service drive. Made the turn to SB Dequindre and pulled in the first driveway.

Popped the hood release and got out of the car, heart still racing. Opened the hood, thinking the throttle cable had somehow got stuck. Wouldn't move but nothing appeared to be obstructing it. Was before the age of cell phones and nothing was open nearby. Went back and looked in the car.

While furiously mashing the gears I'd managed to push the floor mat up on the gas pedal Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control 502811600

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-25, 22:44

The Pantry wrote:Not cruise control related but reminded me:

Had an '87 Mustang GT 5-speed when I lived in Royal Oak.  Was getting on EB 696 from 75 early (was still dark) one Saturday morning to go to work.  696 had not been completed at the time so there was never any traffic.  Got off the ramp whipping the gears.

Was doing 110 when I decided to back off because of the curve before Dequindre...cops liked to hide around the corner on the left shoulder.   Took my foot off the gas but the car kept accelerating.  Confused and at the pre-shitting my pants stage I pushed in the clutch.  Motor immediately raced over redline so I let the clutch back out fearing the engine would blow.  Car commenced pulling like it had a mind of its own.

Was probably north of 120...not sure because I was no longer looking at the speedo.  Pushed the clutch back in and turned the ignition off simultaneously.  Threw the stick in neutral and quietly flew up the Dequindre exit ramp onto the service drive.  Made the turn to SB Dequindre and pulled in the first driveway.

Popped the hood release and got out of the car, heart still racing.  Opened the hood, thinking the throttle cable had somehow got stuck.  Wouldn't move but nothing appeared to be obstructing it.  Was before the age of cell phones and nothing was open nearby.  Went back and looked in the car.

While furiously mashing the gears I'd managed to push the floor mat up on the gas pedal  Fiat-Chrysler recalls nearly five million vehicles due to faulty cruise control 502811600

Lol. Good ending to a potentially bad situation!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down