Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In England now it's "sensible knife control"

+4
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
8 posters

Go down

In England now it's "sensible knife control" Empty In England now it's "sensible knife control"

Post by Guest 2018-05-28, 14:02

...they got most of the guns and so now people are killing each with knives. Amazing that humans adapt, who could have predicted that?

Knives are too sharp and filing them down is solution to soaring violent crime, judge says

In England now it's "sensible knife control" TELEMMGLPICT000002541044_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqdPLLMxOyt4fQUM0ggA6t9IvMhyWP1NlODfwi1fLYifY
Knives are too sharp, the judge said - pictured are knives that have been seized by police CREDIT: LEWIS WHYLD/PA

A judge has proposed a nationwide programme to file down the points of kitchen knives as a solution to the country’s soaring knife crime epidemic.

Last week in his valedictory address, retiring Luton Crown Court Judge Nic Madge spoke of his concern that carrying a knife had become routine in some circles and called on the Government to ban the sale of large pointed kitchen knives.

Latest figures show stabbing deaths among teenagers and young adults have reached the highest level for eight years, and knife crime overall rose 22 per cent in 2017.

As a result - said the judge - the most common knife a youth will take out is eight to ten inches, long and pointed, from his mother's cutlery tray.

He asked: “But why we do need eight-inch or ten-inch kitchen knives with points?

“Butchers and fishmongers do, but how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or ten-inch knife? Rarely, if at all."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

In England now it's "sensible knife control" Empty Re: In England now it's "sensible knife control"

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-28, 14:30

Thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In England now it's "sensible knife control" Empty Re: In England now it's "sensible knife control"

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-28, 14:36

I’ll still take my chances against one stab at a time versus multiple shots per trigger pull. And when somebody is slashing at me, there’s much less chance of others nearby getting cut.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-28, 14:49

tGreenWay wrote:I’ll still take my chances against one stab at a time versus multiple shots per trigger pull. And when somebody is slashing at me, there’s much less chance of others nearby getting cut.

Of course multiple shots per trigger pull is a machine gun. Since 1934 a machine gun has maybe been involved in 1 murder.

But I'll grant you that a knife would be less scary than a semi automatic weapon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-28, 15:19

The NRA is a terrorist organization.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-28, 16:59

Goose sure loves making shit up. In England now it's "sensible knife control" 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-28, 17:04

I’m talking about a semi-automatic, Goose. As few as 30 rounds per minute, up to hundreds with aftermarket accessories. The AR-style can and has killed a lot more in a minute’s time than any knife ever will. England and the rest of the world must be doing something right.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-28, 17:20

tGreenWay wrote:I’m talking about a semi-automatic, Goose. As few as 30 rounds per minute, up to hundreds with aftermarket accessories. The AR-style can and has killed a lot more in a minute’s time than any knife ever will. England and the rest of the world must be doing something right.

He'll just equate this to Revolutionary era muskets and quote death by musket fire in the 21st century next. Goose can never hold an honest conversation about this stuff. It's his major character flaw.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-28, 18:16

Does the NRA support bump stocks for knives so they can stab faster?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-07-07, 20:38

If you’ve ever had depression, you don’t deserve to have a weapon. Hell, you don’t deserve to have a child. Cut them under the knife
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-07, 21:18

215 stabbing deaths per year is an "emergency" in the UK. At about 1/5 the US population we'd pro rate that to 1,075 for comparison. That's about a month's worth of gun homicides in this country.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-07-07, 21:30

Heat Miser wrote:215 stabbing deaths per year is an "emergency" in the UK. At about 1/5 the US population we'd pro rate that to 1,075 for comparison. That's about a month's worth of gun homicides in this country.

The UK also doesn’t have to deal with a sizable Black and Hispanic population with low socioeconomic status
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-07, 21:33

Bill Cain wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:215 stabbing deaths per year is an "emergency" in the UK. At about 1/5 the US population we'd pro rate that to 1,075 for comparison. That's about a month's worth of gun homicides in this country.

The UK also doesn’t have to deal with a sizable Black and Hispanic population with low socioeconomic status

Careful Fuckface. You're already on my shitlist and that shit don't fly here. Last warning.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-07-07, 21:49

Heat Miser wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:

Careful Fuckface. You're already on my shitlist and that shit don't fly here. Last warning.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE

I kid I kid
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-08, 11:00

Bill Cain wrote:

And you wonder why you’re getting banned elsewhere?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dadmansabode 2019-02-14, 15:55

It's not about Guns and knives (mindless objects) ... it's about the continuous decline of the hearts and minds of man
may be an entire generation (50 years) growing up with legalized murder in the womb (approx 3,000 per day in America)
might have something to do with the lack of reverence for human life? we look in the mirror and realize the enemy is us

For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah ... Mt 24
(the days of Noah) = Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence ...... Genesis 6

In England now it's "sensible knife control" 292-200XX In England now it's "sensible knife control" SIN02-200XX

Indeed .. all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted
but evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse .. deceiving and being deceived .....II Timothy 3:12-13

---------------------------------

This is now .. beloved .. the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder ...
that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles

the coming day of the Lord

know this first of all .. that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking .. following after their own lusts
and saying . . . where is the promise of his coming .. for ever since the fathers fell asleep .. all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation
for when they maintain this .. it escapes their notice
that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water
through which the world at that time was destroyed .. being flooded with water
but by his word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire .. kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men
but do not let this one fact escape your notice .. beloved .. that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years ... and a thousand years like one day
the Lord is not slow about his promise .. as some count slowness .. but is patient toward you ....
not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance .........II Peter 3:1-9
dadmansabode
dadmansabode
Spartiate

http://dadmansabode.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-14, 21:15

cheers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down