Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper

+8
Senior Dickfist
Robert J Sakimano
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
12 posters

Go down

Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper Empty Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-08, 07:34

https://www.cnn.com/-bourdain-obit/index.html

Enjoyed his work. Obviously the demons crept back into his life
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper Empty Re: Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-08, 07:45

Sad shit. I actually saw him on my commute to work one morning. Cold fucking day and I looked across the street at a film crew and there was Anthony in front of the cameras. I definitely enjoyed some of his travel shows. RIP
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper Empty Re: Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-08, 07:49

Damn. That's sad. Really liked his shows. He was unapologetic when he didn't like a restaurant, and he went to some really off the wall places. Iran was one of them.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-08, 07:55

damn, no words. I really liked his show. Was a real great concept. Loved his Detroit episode. Still haven't hit the restaurant they went to there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-08, 07:59

My favorite clip of his - from the old show.

"I'd like to say this is the first time I've cooked cocaine but that wouldn't be exactly true" .

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-08, 07:59

His shows on food and culture were amazing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-08, 08:00

Packard Plant

His double life with drugs

Last edited by DWags on 2018-06-08, 08:35; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-08, 08:20

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-06-08, 09:07

Damn. RIP
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-08, 09:30

totally unfamiliar with him but anytime someone passes away in such an unfortunate, tragic circumstance it's very sad.

RIP to him and thoughts with his family and friends.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-08, 11:21

Our friends at 4chan /Pol are running with Bourdain was about to be named in the NXIVM scandal as the cause of the suicide.

Take it fwiw
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-08, 12:13

No idea what any of that means.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-08, 12:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:No idea what any of that means.
4chan in general and /Pol and /b in particular

Are the cesspool of the internet.

NXIVM was the sex slave cult uncovered last winter.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-08, 12:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:No idea what any of that means.

based on your response, I'm actually quite happy that I didn't know what any of that meant.

thanks, G.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-08, 14:18

https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1005117568913412098

Not trying to Wells this up, I’m posting only because this well put and a good tribute.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-06-08, 14:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

based on your response, I'm actually quite happy that I didn't know what any of that meant.

thanks, G.

Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper 502811600
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-08, 14:26

DJT weighed in earlier. Actually quite nice considering Tony wasn't exactly a fan and was vocal about it.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-anthony-bourdain-character-966790

“I think its very sad,” Trump said. “I want to extend to his family my heartfelt condolences. That was very shocking. When I woke up this morning, ‘Anthony Bourdain is dead.’ And I enjoyed his show, he was quite a character, I will say. So I just want to extend my condolences, and also to the family of Kate Spade.”
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-08, 14:27

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1005117568913412098

Not trying to Wells this up, I’m posting only because this well put and a good tribute.

I haven't found it yet, but I'm positive that by now Trump has tweeted about Bourdain being a loser.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-08, 14:37

Dr. Strangelove wrote:DJT weighed in earlier. Actually quite nice considering Tony wasn't exactly a fan and was vocal about it.

“I think its very sad,” Trump said. “I want to extend to his family my heartfelt condolences. That was very shocking. When I woke up this morning, ‘Anthony Bourdain is dead.’ And I enjoyed his show, he was quite a character, I will say. So I just want to extend my condolences, and also to the family of Kate Spade.”
pretty sure the racist, bigoted sexual predator probably thought he was a Russian mobster who arranged little girls for him that one time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-08, 17:03

An incredibly powerful read

https://nypost.com/2018/06/06/after-kate-spades-death-think-of-the-survivors/

A column written by a survivor. About Kate Spade but relevant.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-08, 19:09

Really liked his shows, even though they were often darkly humorous. Yeah, he went overboard with politics sometimes.

Two of my favorite No Reservations episodes:

He drove across the Southwest from CA to TX. He met up with Alice Cooper at his restaurant. The last segment he spent with Ted Nugent on his ranch BBQ'ing and shooting stuff up with Ted's arsenal and some of our nation's finest that had been maimed while serving. He and Ted seemed to get along fine.

He and his wife visited her family in Sardinia with their daughter. His wife was very cool. Anthony Bourdain No Reservations Season 5 Sardinia

RIP
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-09, 00:15

I don’t know. Fuck. The guy was pretty damn cool. I just don’t get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-12, 20:02

I have never watched a single episode of Parts Unknown. I learned today that they're only going to be on Netflix through the end of the month, so I'm starting season 1 now. Right now we're in Burma (fuck Myanmar).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-12, 20:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:I have never watched a single episode of Parts Unknown. I learned today that they're only going to be on Netflix through the end of the month, so I'm starting season 1 now. Right now we're in Burma (fuck Myanmar).
No Reservations and The Layover were equally good shows.

Still difficult to believe he offed himself.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-12, 20:34

Good news for you, Floyd:
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/12/17454470/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-netflix-extension
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-12, 20:37

tGreenWay wrote:Good news for you, Floyd:
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/12/17454470/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-netflix-extension

That is good news Anthony Bourdain has served his Last Supper 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-06-12, 20:45

Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-06-12, 20:53

Tim Wakefield wrote:

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-11, 01:03

Kinda funny. Despite my dislike of CNN I will flip channels to it late Saturday nights when they broadcast Bourdain's Parts Unknown. Portugal right now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-25, 11:34

Today would have been his birthday.

Chefs declare 'Bourdain Day' in celebration of our late friend

How suicide prevention is becoming part of Anthony Bourdain's legacy
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-25, 12:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:Today would have been his birthday.

Chefs declare 'Bourdain Day' in celebration of our late friend

How suicide prevention is becoming part of Anthony Bourdain's legacy
sad stuff and suicide seems to be trending.. maybe we just hear more about it. It's a complicated world out there for a lot of folks - reach out to your family/friends if you feel they're struggling.

No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-25, 15:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:DJT weighed in earlier. Actually quite nice considering Tony wasn't exactly a fan and was vocal about it.

RIP dude. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down