Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room

+9
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
msugolfguy
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
steveschneider
13 posters

Go down

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room Empty Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-28, 16:26

Breaking news story and details to emerge.

NYPD sent to all network news studios as a precaution.

Details emerging please don’t speculate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room Empty Re: Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-28, 16:27

Wow

https://twitter.com/phildavis_cg/status/1012422058972676097
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room Empty Re: Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-28, 16:29

Also, this guys is a piece of shit.

https://twitter.com/imagineworldas1/status/1012428383106371584
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-28, 16:32

Jesus
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-28, 17:44

Looking like Milo inspired the shooter. Still early and not conclusive but just wow.

I posted it in the Hey, Bob thread but there was clips of maga goobers going off on Jim acosta. I don’t know how those press people can sit in that press pit without feeling their lives are in danger. These people are unhinged.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-28, 17:59

Looks like the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization - has another mass murder to celebrate.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-28, 18:00

Oh, sorry. Thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-28, 18:32

I’m thinking the NRA is bummed he only had a long gun.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-28, 18:58

DWags wrote:I’m thinking the NRA is bummed he only had a long gun.  
yeah, with schools out for the summer, they need a surplus in events like this to maintain their bottom line.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-28, 19:17

Fuckin crazy.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1012474184184844290
That the shooter in Annapolis cannot be identified, and intentionally damaged his fingerprints, is rapidly decreasing the chance that this is a disgruntled former employee or other person connected to the newspaper directly or indirectly.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-28, 19:27

Fox News radio is running a republican gubernatorial debate they are making fun of Hilliard and medical marijuana. No mention of the shooting
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-06-28, 19:40

steveschneider wrote:Fuckin crazy.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1012474184184844290
That the shooter in Annapolis cannot be identified, and intentionally damaged his fingerprints, is rapidly decreasing the chance that this is a disgruntled former employee or other person connected to the newspaper directly or indirectly.

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 3d51f4717bd4fbea2ce14cc8fdb53d9b

Also, I"m reading he's been identified.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-28, 19:45

Suspect has had a previous interaction with an editor at the paper.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-28, 20:41

Just id’d him.

https://twitter.com/erichartleyfrnd/status/1012404716272324611

I think this might be his tweet before the shooting. Sounds like he had a feud with the paper.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-06-29, 10:00

Just remember it was Maxine waters fault and not the guy who called the press the enemy of the United States.

Sincerely,
Hannity
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-29, 10:29

Only 5 killed? No big deal. It's the new normal. Get with me when we get at least a double digit body count.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-06-29, 10:38

You boys are as predictable as the sunrise. A nut threatens people for years, no one calls the cops on him - the same scenario as Parkland.. He kills people and then it's the NRA's fault. Do you realize what idiots you sound like repeat that mantra over and over? And BTW the way he used a shotgun which none of you supposedly support banning so the blood must be on your hands too.

“This Is A Guy Who Is Going To Come In And Shoot Us”: Warnings Missed On Annapolis Shooter

Marquardt said he wasn’t surprised to hear Ramos identified as the alleged gunman, saying he started harassing the paper and its staff shortly after the 2011 article. The harassment escalated for years with online threats, Marquardt said.

“I was seriously concerned he would threaten us with physical violence,” Marquardt said from his retirement home in Florida. “I even told my wife, ‘We have to be concerned. This guy could really hurt us.’ ”

Marquardt said he called the Anne Arundel County police about Ramos in 2013, but nothing came of it. He consulted the paper’s lawyers about filing a restraining order, but decided against it.

“I remember telling our attorneys, ‘This is a guy who is going to come in and shoot us,’ ” he said.

He knew that - did little or nothing to stop the guy and now it's all on the NRA. Solid logic for college educated people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-29, 10:43

LooseGoose wrote:You boys are as predictable as the sunrise.   A nut threatens people for years, no one calls the cops on him - the same scenario as Parkland..   He kills people and then it's the NRA's fault.   Do you realize what idiots you sound like repeat that mantra over and over?   And BTW the way he used a shotgun which none of you supposedly support banning so the blood must be on your hands too.

“This Is A Guy Who Is Going To Come In And Shoot Us”: Warnings Missed On Annapolis Shooter

Marquardt said he wasn’t surprised to hear Ramos identified as the alleged gunman, saying he started harassing the paper and its staff shortly after the 2011 article. The harassment escalated for years with online threats, Marquardt said.

“I was seriously concerned he would threaten us with physical violence,” Marquardt said from his retirement home in Florida. “I even told my wife, ‘We have to be concerned. This guy could really hurt us.’ ”

Marquardt said he called the Anne Arundel County police about Ramos in 2013, but nothing came of it. He consulted the paper’s lawyers about filing a restraining order, but decided against it.

“I remember telling our attorneys, ‘This is a guy who is going to come in and shoot us,’ ” he said.

He knew that - did little or nothing to stop the guy and now it's all on the NRA. Solid logic for college educated people.
Goose is back with some mainstream media links.. thanks, Goose.. Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-29, 10:44

Goose swoops in with his usual pretzel logic. Thanks dude. Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-29, 10:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Only 5 killed? No big deal. It's the new normal. Get with me when we get at least a double digit body count.
as I mentioned, the NRA is gonna need some serious increases in body count if they plan to maintain their summer budget.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-29, 10:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose swoops in with his usual pretzel logic. Thanks dude. Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 502811600
you'd think someone as staunchly {ahem} "pro life" as Goose is would be upset by terror attacks.

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-06-29, 15:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose swoops in with his usual pretzel logic. Thanks dude. Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 502811600
I dunno, man, I think he's kind of on point here. This was a targeted attack (by a guy who had a history with the paper), not just random violence. And if it is worth pointing out when gunmen use AR15s, then it is also worth pointing out when gunmen don't use AR15s.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-06-29, 16:06

Cameron wrote:
I dunno, man, I think he's kind of on point here. This was a targeted attack (by a guy who had a history with the paper), not just random violence. And if it is worth pointing out when gunmen use AR15s, then it is also worth pointing out when gunmen don't use AR15s.

Careful, Cameron, your treading on very dangerous logical ground here.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-29, 16:36

Goose is close to being on point, except for one major flaw in his comments. One time, he claims little or nothing was done, then says no one called the cops. If you read Goose’s own post, it says the Anne Arundel County cops were called in 2013, but nothing came of it. Seems they tried getting help, but the police didn’t do anything. And restraining orders aren’t worth a damn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-29, 17:11

Couldn’t agree more with goose. Goose himself is pointing out how much more damage this guy could have caused with an ar15. It’s very important to point that out. What if he had one? They must be banned. Immediately.

I also noticed that trump backed off his rhetoric about journalists today. He’s moronic in believing his extreme language regarding violence toward the media won’t eventually lead to their harm.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-29, 20:07

Cameron wrote:

I was talking about the blood is on our hands comment. I'll be sure to bold what I'm questioning next time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-29, 20:07

DWags wrote:Couldn’t agree more with goose. Goose himself is pointing out how much more damage this guy could have caused with an ar15. It’s very important to point that out.  What if he had one?  They must be banned. Immediately.  

I also noticed that trump backed off his rhetoric about journalists today.  He’s moronic in believing his extreme language regarding violence toward the media won’t eventually lead to their harm.
as someone who is consisntly pro-life, killing people is wrong.

(It's easy to be consistent when you don't rely on the mainstream media for facts).

Shooting In Annapolis, MD News Room 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-29, 21:06

6 years. I wonder what changed in the political landscape to encourage him to attack journalist. Can't quite put my finger on it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-06-29, 21:19

InTenSity wrote:6 years. I wonder what changed in the political landscape to encourage him to attack journalist. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Honestlyly man some people are just whack a fuckin doodles. I dont think this had anything to do with trump.

That said, apparently he had a misdemeanor out here for harassment. That should be an auto disqualified for getting a gun. It isn’t, and he had that when he got the gun. That’s a problem
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-30, 06:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
InTenSity wrote:6 years. I wonder what changed in the political landscape to encourage him to attack journalist. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Honestlyly man some people are just whack a fuckin doodles. I dont think this had anything to do with trump.

That said, apparently he had a misdemeanor out here for harassment. That should be an auto disqualified for getting a gun. It isn’t, and he had that when he got the gun. That’s a problem
the way the racist, bigoted sexual predator has altered the discourse with his hate-filled rhetoric creates a landscape in which white men are emboldened to act out violently.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-06-30, 09:26

I'll hold my breath to see if more journalists are attacked before we point fingers. Because yeah crazy people are around us. Now do our leaders nudge them to specific conclusions, maybe. However I have yet to see a assessment on these people after the fact. I don't have any facts in front of me.

Similar situations happened back in 2011(?) were political leaders ramped up the Muslim attacks and we had a rash of Muslims being killed. Then the Sheik temple shooting happened in Milwaukee and that was the end of the extreme talking points. Also I think the rash of police officers being shot probably were not helped by Obama's statements. However I'll note that his comments never reached the level of mulism talking points but still I'll give that one some credibility.

Bob makes a very valuable point in that moral sense doesn't have a place in these ideals. I'm against abortion but for capital punishment, I mean come on. He also points out the rhetoric as being hate filled which is also a good point. I think that is where it pushes people to see it as ok and acceptable to act in violence or throwing fuel on the fire in the name of being anti PC, to which I've always seen it as being "i'm ok to be an asshole and don't you dare call me out on it".
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-06-30, 09:54

This was more about a wack job who didn't handle rejection well.

The shooter scared the hell out of the attorney who took him to court to stop stalking a female HS classmate after they met again at a 5 year class reunion.

The shooting is awful but also reinforces my belief few good things come out of HS class reunions, especially those 5 and 10 year events.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/29/lawyer-describes-dangerous-jarrod-ramos/747466002/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-30, 09:56

GRR Spartan wrote:This was more about a wack job who didn't handle rejection well.

The shooter scared the hell out of the attorney who took him to court to stop stalking a female HS classmate after they met again at a 5 year class reunion.

The shooting is awful but also reinforces my belief few good things come out of HS class reunions, especially those 5 and 10 year events.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/29/lawyer-describes-dangerous-jarrod-ramos/747466002/

All true, and I agree.  However, how lucky are we this nut didn't have an automatic which could have sprayed the newsroom immediately?

Travis also make a great point in that there should be no way he gets access to a gun with a stalking charge on his record.  Ever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-06-30, 10:15

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:This was more about a wack job who didn't handle rejection well.

All true, and I agree.  However, how lucky are we this nut didn't have an automatic which could have sprayed the newsroom immediately?

Travis also make a great point in that there should be no way he gets access to a gun with a stalking charge on his record.  Ever.

Why / how he got any gun should be addressed given his history. To me it also shows why its more than limiting sales of semi-automatic / assault style weapons.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2018-07-01, 12:40

DWags wrote:

Yeah, there should probably be some legislation to prevent people with those type of charges from purchasing a firearm. I know the Executive Order which prevent people with certain mental disorders from purchasing firearms was taken down, but I'm sure this one will go through pretty easily.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-01, 14:38

I'm sure the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization - is looking forward to the next domestic terrorist attack since their minions have already managed to minimize this one.

Couple of more months and school is back in session!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down