Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio?

+15
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
SawGreen
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Wally Fairway
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
NWSpartan
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Empty Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-24, 23:34

Mark Dantonio. Next question.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Empty Re: Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio?

Post by DWags 2018-07-24, 23:51

Duffy and Judd
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Empty Re: Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio?

Post by Guest 2018-07-24, 23:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Mark Dantonio. Next question.

No surprise that you admire him, he's a fine Christian man.

We're damned lucky to have both. I think I'd get along better with Izzo but I think Dantonio has done more with less.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 00:41

The amount of moxy coach d has is just unparalleled. I wish izzo would just calm the fuck down for a second, ya know?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2018-07-25, 00:42

That's a Sofie's choice question!
NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-25, 03:55

Izzo, by far. I’ll bet the guy loves to laugh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-25, 05:19

Dantonio. As Tom himself admits, we're a football school. Dantonio woke up the sleeping giant.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-25, 05:26

The Italian guy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-07-25, 07:59

Stupid question, false dichotomy

Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Giphy
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-25, 08:11

Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Michigan+State+v+Ohio+State+-XmimWl2sWTl

Denicos Allen.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-25, 08:17

Tough question. Dantonio did one thing I never thought I’d see in my life and that is dominate UofM football in state. I don’t know though Izzo and all those epic final four runs and the championship. I can’t pick.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-25, 08:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Michigan+State+v+Ohio+State+-XmimWl2sWTl

Denicos Allen.

“You don’t come out here and disrespect us like that! You don’t celebrate before the game! We’ll see who celebrating on this mother fucking field after the game”

Maybe my all time favorite Spartan football player
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-07-25, 08:21

I'm going to go with Izzo, but reality is that both are great. Can we ask at the end of this season if we happen to go 5-7 in football and make it to the national title game in BBall?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-25, 08:29

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who do you like more, Tom Izzo or Mark Dantonio? Michigan+State+v+Ohio+State+-XmimWl2sWTl

Denicos Allen.

“You don’t come out here and disrespect us like that! You don’t celebrate before the game!  We’ll see who celebrating on this mother fucking field after the game”

I tried finding that exact quote in a short clip. I could only find it here. God that day was awesome. I remember getting in an argument with some obnoxious OSU fan (redundant). He was telling our group that it would be best for the Big Ten if OSU wins so they get to the BCS championship game and MSU will still go to the Rose Bowl. I basically turned into Denicos for a minute or two. I remember telling him to have fun in the Orange Bowl as he was getting corralled by his people.

Those bars around the stadium are fun before the BTCCG.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-25, 08:43

they both seem like the kind of guys I'd really enjoy having a beer with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-25, 08:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

“You don’t come out here and disrespect us like that! You don’t celebrate before the game!  We’ll see who celebrating on this mother fucking field after the game”

I tried finding that exact quote in a short clip. I could only find it here. God that day was awesome. I remember getting in an argument with some obnoxious OSU fan (redundant). He was telling our group that it would be best for the Big Ten if OSU wins so they get to the BCS championship game and MSU will still go to the Rose Bowl. I basically turned into Denicos for a minute or two. I remember telling him to have fun in the Orange Bowl as he was getting corralled by his people.

Those bars around the stadium are fun before the BTCCG.

Yeah I’m not sure of the exact quote. Ironic was him making THE play to win it. Was probably my favorite game to be at as a Spartan.

Love it during the bt tournament too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-07-25, 09:23

OTPT obv
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-07-25, 09:57

I like both our coaches. I was very proud of how Dantonio shut down the media immediately while Izzo sort of deflected. So in terms of respect, I lean a little toward MD.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-25, 10:10

SawGreen wrote:I like both our coaches. I was very proud of how Dantonio shut down the media immediately while Izzo sort of deflected. So in terms of respect, I lean a little toward MD.

Izzo wants to be liked. Dantonio wants to be right. Both handled it exactly like I thought they might.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-07-25, 10:54

Because the freshest on-court/on-field memory in my mind is of Ben fucking Carter in the Syracuse game, I'm gonna have to go with Coach D. That might change after the first three and out of football season, though...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-25, 11:20

Cameron wrote:Because the freshest on-court/on-field memory in my mind is of Ben fucking Carter in the Syracuse game, I'm gonna have to go with Coach D. That might change after the first three and out of football season, though...

Three and outs are a big part of “Tressel Ball”. Not fun to watch but hard to argue with the results.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-07-25, 11:43

Each are wonderful in their own, different ways.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-25, 11:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Mark Dantonio. Next question.

No surprise that you admire him, he's a fine Christian man.

are you suggesting that Izzo isn't a fine Christian man?

because, if so, I have a problem with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 12:30

Izzo claims he doesn’t drink and i don’t trust anyone that doesn’t drink
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-25, 13:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Izzo claims he doesn’t drink and i don’t trust anyone that doesn’t drink

He doesn’t drink in public.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 13:39

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Izzo claims he doesn’t drink and i don’t trust anyone that doesn’t drink

So he’s fake and not comfortable in his own skin? (Why claim you don’t drink then is what I’m getting at)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-25, 13:42

I drink in public. I've even been known to have a long island or two on the Peanut Barrel patio. I bet I've sat near Bob once or twice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 14:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I drink in public. I've even been known to have a long island or two on the Peanut Barrel patio. I bet I've sat near Bob once or twice.

I once was able to get 4 long islands. Fuck their rule.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-25, 15:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So he’s fake and not comfortable in his own skin? (Why claim you don’t drink then is what I’m getting at)

You’d have to ask him, but he doesn’t owe you any explanation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-25, 15:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I drink in public. I've even been known to have a long island or two on the Peanut Barrel patio. I bet I've sat near Bob once or twice.
yeah, sorry about that.

(actually, in the 20+ years I've been going to PB usually once or twice per week, I think I've sat on the patio maybe 2-3 times. I don't like the heat.. or the sun. I don't mind it, necessarily, if I'm doing something like mowing, running, riding my bike.. but I don't like just sitting in it.).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 15:04

tGreenWay wrote:

Oh, I thought he did owe me an explanation.... thanks for clearing that up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-25, 15:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yeah, sorry about that.

(actually, in the 20+ years I've been going to PB usually once or twice per week, I think I've sat on the patio maybe 2-3 times. I don't like the heat.. or the sun. I don't mind it, necessarily, if I'm doing something like mowing, running, riding my bike.. but I don't like just sitting in it.).

The complexity that is Bob is indecipherable.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-07-25, 15:39

I like all of you more. :-)
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-07-25, 15:42

Death Roe wrote:I like all of you more. :-)

Well yeah, everyone here would lead the teams to undefeated sessions every year
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-25, 15:43

More wheel routes!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-25, 16:09

Yeah, I don’t think he claims that OTPT.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 16:27

DWags wrote:

"I despise Twitter. I compare it to getting drunk — and I don’t drink.”
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/big-ten/spartans-tom-izzo-depises-twitter-its-getting-drunk?amp
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-25, 16:40

DWags wrote:

"I despise Twitter. I compare it to getting drunk — and I don’t drink.”
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/big-ten/spartans-tom-izzo-depises-twitter-its-getting-drunk?amp

I think there’s a picture of him with a glass of wine somewhere. I also think he’s spot on when he described getting drunk. So he’s lying. Which is ok not to like him if he’s a liar also. I know a guy who has a drink now and again but never gets drunk. He says he doesn’t drink. I tell my wife he’s full of shit but she says no, he’s not cause he never had more than one drink and never gets drunk. And I quit arguing with her because I can’t get her to agree one drink is still fucking drinking. Maybe Izzo is like my wife, and it’s ok not to like him if he’s like her too, cause she’s frustrating very often. But would probably have played JJJ against Syracuse
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-25, 16:44

Yeah the guy who has a drink and says he doesn’t drink is full of shit. I’d actually be embarrassed if i was that guy - not being able to own something you take part in.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-25, 17:46

tGreenWay wrote:

Oh, I thought he did owe me an explanation.... thanks for clearing that up.

Your posts seem to suggest that Izzo owes you explanations for a lot of things. I hope someday you get to have a conversation with him so you’ll have a chance to call him fake, among other things. Of course, you wouldn’t, but keep posting like you would.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next