Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated"

+10
tanfan!
tTito
duffy munn
LoneWolfSparty
Blanch32
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" Empty Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated"

Post by SeeRockCity Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:14

Shawn Windsor: Mark Dantonio built Michigan State program for big stage vs. Oregon

"Oregon might be favored by almost a couple of touchdowns, but the Spartans are ready to compete. They know it, too.

I heard it in Dantonio’s voice Tuesday.

'I don’t think we are going to go in there and be intimidated,' he said.

He later elaborated: 'Our program has taken steps. When they asked me, do you want to play (Oregon), I felt like we needed to be at this point to be able to play a game like (this). I think we’ve done that from a program perspective. Now this creates another opportunity for Michigan State to make a statement, one way or the other.'"
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" Empty Re: Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated"

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:15

glad he cleared that up..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" Empty Re: Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated"

Post by SeeRockCity Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:glad he cleared that up..

Sorry Bob. I know these football-related posts are probably interrupting your "me" time this morning. Do your best to ignore them. #BearingCrosses
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:21

SeeRockCity wrote:

Sorry Bob.  I know these football-related posts are probably interrupting your "me" time this morning.  Do your best to ignore them.  #BearingCrosses
suppose I would've been surprised had he said "we're terrified to go to Oregon"..

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:31

SeeRockCity wrote:Shawn Windsor: Mark Dantonio built Michigan State program for big stage vs. Oregon

"Oregon might be favored by almost a couple of touchdowns, but the Spartans are ready to compete. They know it, too.

He later elaborated: 'Our program has taken steps. When they asked me, do you want to play (Oregon), I felt like we needed to be at this point to be able to play a game like (this). I think we’ve done that from a program perspective. Now this creates another opportunity for Michigan State to make a statement, one way or the other.'"

I'm thinking I'm in the top five of the oldest posters on this board. I've suffered MSU football longer then anyone. From the 70's through 2007 and even a couple of Dantonio years. Sure I've enjoyed a good year here or there and Rogers year, a coupe of Perles years, Saban's defense. But I always new it was fleeting. MSU just refused to invest into a program. You either got guys on the sly, helped them get grades when there were here, or turned an eye when you thought something might have been amiss but you just wanted to win that year. A game like this would have just brought the pessimist out in me. I'd have marked it down as an automatic loss and thought about the next game.

It's different now. We have a program. It's a pretty damn good program. We'll be able to compete with this team, or any from the SEC or Big 12. I don't know that we're going to win, but I don't chalk it up as an automatic loss. You young guys who have just been around for the Dantonio years, you have no idea how bad it was. Jesus. I know one thing, if we win, we won't get a big head and play like a Bobby Williams team more into weed than practice. We'll have a good celebration, and move on to next week. If we lose, it won't ruin our season and it won't get these kids down. Dantonio has built a program. I really think we can always expect 9 to 11 victories a year now. Not demand, but expect. It's different here now, and it's a lot more fun following it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:36

DWags wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Shawn Windsor: Mark Dantonio built Michigan State program for big stage vs. Oregon

I'm thinking I'm in the top five of the oldest posters on this board. I've suffered MSU football longer then anyone.  From the 70's through 2007 and even a couple of Dantonio years.  Sure I've enjoyed a good year here or there and Rogers year, a coupe of Perles years, Saban's defense.   But I always new it was fleeting.  MSU just refused to invest into a program.  You either got guys on the sly, helped them get grades when there were here, or turned an eye when you thought something might have been amiss but you just wanted to win that year.  A game like this would have just brought the pessimist out in me.  I'd have marked it down as an automatic loss and thought about the next game.

It's different now. We have a program.  It's a pretty damn good program.  We'll be able to compete with this team, or any from the SEC or Big 12.  I don't know that we're going to win, but I don't chalk it up as an automatic loss.    You young guys who have just been around for the Dantonio years, you have no idea how bad it was.  Jesus.   I know one thing, if we win, we won't get a big head and play like a Bobby Williams team more into weed than practice.  We'll have a good celebration, and move on to next week.  If we lose, it won't ruin our season and it won't get these kids down.   Dantonio has built a program.   I really think we can always expect 9 to 11 victories a year now.  Not demand, but expect.  It's different here now, and it's a lot more fun following it.

Nicely put. I'm right behind you age-wise. I was at MSU when we went to the Rose Bowl. I agree with everything you posted here.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:41

DWags wrote:

I'm thinking I'm in the top five of the oldest posters on this board. I've suffered MSU football longer then anyone.  From the 70's through 2007 and even a couple of Dantonio years.  Sure I've enjoyed a good year here or there and Rogers year, a coupe of Perles years, Saban's defense.   But I always new it was fleeting.  MSU just refused to invest into a program.  You either got guys on the sly, helped them get grades when there were here, or turned an eye when you thought something might have been amiss but you just wanted to win that year.  A game like this would have just brought the pessimist out in me.  I'd have marked it down as an automatic loss and thought about the next game.

It's different now. We have a program.  It's a pretty damn good program.  We'll be able to compete with this team, or any from the SEC or Big 12.  I don't know that we're going to win, but I don't chalk it up as an automatic loss.    You young guys who have just been around for the Dantonio years, you have no idea how bad it was.  Jesus.   I know one thing, if we win, we won't get a big head and play like a Bobby Williams team more into weed than practice.  We'll have a good celebration, and move on to next week.  If we lose, it won't ruin our season and it won't get these kids down.   Dantonio has built a program.   I really think we can always expect 9 to 11 victories a year now.  Not demand, but expect.  It's different here now, and it's a lot more fun following it.
I may be younger than you, but John L Smith once kicked me in the testicles then stole my puppy. So there's that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 9:01

DWags wrote:

Sometimes I don't know how I hung in there, especially towards the end of Perles. You would sit in that stadium, and watch the rb go right up the middle for no gain. Everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going. The fans knew it, the players knew it and so did the opposing teams.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:39

In all fairness they also knew under no watts and roushar too
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:58

SeeRockCity wrote:

Sorry Bob.  I know these football-related posts are probably interrupting your "me" time this morning.  Do your best to ignore them.  #BearingCrosses

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 1486952199
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 14:02

Blanch32 wrote:In all fairness they also knew under no watts and roushar too

Correct! In no roushar had too but watts didn't under that but wheel route!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 15:12

DWags wrote:

Correct!  In no roushar had too but watts didn't under that but wheel route!

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 1966794946 Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 1966794946
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 15:50

DWags wrote:

Finally your starting to get it!! Praise tswill!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 15:58

DWags wrote:

Dude you were posting under your DWags user name, not your Blanch32 user name.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 16:26

Retweeted by The Only Colors
David Harns ‏@isportsDave 14m

Overheard just now outside gate E2 in the Portland airport... Him: "There's another Michigan State shirt." Her: "They're everywhere."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 18:51

tTito wrote:DWags wrote:“Correct!  In no roushar had too but watts didn't under that but wheel route!”Dude you were posting under your DWags user name, not your Blanch32 user name.

Honestly, Ive long since given up on trying to figure him out. Just go with it. I remember my sister barking at the dog when we were kids. I asked her what the fuck she was doing. She said she thought the dog would understand her better. Shit, maybe she wasn't as crazy as I thought.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 21:06

DWags wrote:

It's different now. We have a program.  It's a pretty damn good program.  We'll be able to compete with this team, or any from the SEC or Big 12.  I don't know that we're going to win, but I don't chalk it up as an automatic loss.    You young guys who have just been around for the Dantonio years, you have no idea how bad it was.  Jesus.   I know one thing, if we win, we won't get a big head and play like a Bobby Williams team more into weed than practice.  We'll have a good celebration, and move on to next week.  If we lose, it won't ruin our season and it won't get these kids down.   Dantonio has built a program.   I really think we can always expect 9 to 11 victories a year now.  Not demand, but expect.  It's different here now, and it's a lot more fun following 
There's nothing wrong with committing yourself to excellence. Excellence is not a given. It's achieved only through hard work dedication and a commitment to it. Msu football is finally committed to excellence. I'm older than you. It's been torture witnessing one administration after the other not giving a flying fuck about winning. With the advent of the Internet voices of those who demanded such a commitment were finally heard. We screamed for it. Stop accepting mediocrity demand more. No more carrying off the field a shitty coach just because you didn't care if msu won or lost. No more turning a blind eye toward the win loss column. No more losing to our rivals year in and year out. We are finally getting there.  Have we arrived? I don't know. Tomorrow will certainly provide a litmus test and if we win, which many feel we don't have a chance, it will send a signal to the entire football nation msu is here to stay. Damn I wish we had Allen and no fly for this game.  Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 1811933421
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 21:26

Tanfan! wrote:
There's nothing wrong with committing yourself to excellence. Excellence is not a given. It's achieved only through hard work dedication and a commitment to it. Msu football is finally committed to excellence. I'm older than you. It's been torture witnessing one administration after the other not giving a flying fuck about winning. With the advent of the Internet voices of those who demanded such a commitment were finally heard. We screamed for it. Stop accepting mediocrity demand more. No more carrying off the field a shitty coach just because you didn't care if msu won or lost. No more turning a blind eye toward the win loss column. No more losing to our rivals year in and year out. We are finally getting there.  Have we arrived? I don't know. Tomorrow will certainly provide a litmus test and if we win, which many feel we don't have a chance, it will send a signal to the entire football nation msu is here to stay. Damn I wish we had Allen and no fly for this game.  Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 1811933421

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 21:28

NigelUno wrote:

Permabanned. Bwaaaaaaaa
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 21:32

Tanfan! wrote:
Permabanned. Bwaaaaaaaa

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:06

Tanfan! wrote:

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 502811600 I was young, drunk and it was spontaneous.

I get a kick out of you actually believing that posters on a message post "demanding" shit have any impact on the program.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:09

duffy munn wrote:

Mark Dantonio - "I don't think we're going out there to be intimidated" 502811600  I was young, drunk and it was spontaneous.

I get a kick out of you actually believing that posters on a message post "demanding" shit have any impact on the program.

Michigan fans don't understand this. They have been settling for mediocrity. Only when they demand excellence on a message board will their team improve.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:21

Tanfan! wrote:DWags wrote:“I'm thinking I'm in the top five of the oldest posters on this board. I've suffered MSU football longer then anyone.  From the 70's through 2007 and even a couple of Dantonio years.  Sure I've enjoyed a good year here or there and Rogers year, a coupe of Perles years, Saban's defense.   But I always new it was fleeting.  MSU just refused to invest into a program.  You either got guys on the sly, helped them get grades when there were here, or turned an eye when you thought something might have been amiss but you just wanted to win that year.  A game like this would have just brought the pessimist out in me.  I'd have marked it down as an automatic loss and thought about the next game.It's different now. We have a program.  It's a pretty damn good program.  We'll be able to compete with this team, or any from the SEC or Big 12.  I don't know that we're going to win, but I don't chalk it up as an automatic loss.    You young guys who have just been around for the Dantonio years, you have no idea how bad it was.  Jesus.   I know one thing, if we win, we won't get a big head and play like a Bobby Williams team more into weed than practice.  We'll have a good celebration, and move on to next week.  If we lose, it won't ruin our season and it won't get these kids down.   Dantonio has built a program.   I really think we can always expect 9 to 11 victories a year now.  Not demand, but expect.  It's different here now, and it's a lot more fun following ”There's nothing wrong with committing yourself to excellence. Excellence is not a given. It's achieved only through hard work dedication and a commitment to it. Msu football is finally committed to excellence. I'm older than you. It's been torture witnessing one administration after the other not giving a flying fuck about winning. With the advent of the Internet voices of those who demanded such a commitment were finally heard. We screamed for it. Stop accepting mediocrity demand more. No more carrying off the field a shitty coach just because you didn't care if msu won or lost. No more turning a blind eye toward the win loss column. No more losing to our rivals year in and year out. We are finally getting there.  Have we arrived? I don't know. Tomorrow will certainly provide a litmus test and if we win, which many feel we don't have a chance, it will send a signal to the entire football nation msu is here to stay. Damn I wish we had Allen and no fly for this game. 

Tanfan, after all these years you've finly understood it was the dysfunctional MSU family that hurt coaches. Saban and yes, Perles could have really kicked ass with administration support. Not just their salary but with stuff they asked for. Perles wanted this shit in the early 90's. Saban left cause he knew he couldn't get it.

Now you finally admit it isn't just coaching. They need support. Jesus, I wish I could go back and show you how many times I said that and I was called a sunshine blower because I refused to say the coach sucked. You can't win the Indy 500 in a ford focus no matter how good you are. But DE's would tell me it was only coaching. And when Perles and Saban wanted an influx of money, they'd put dollar signs in their names.

Cause they were short sighted assholes. Welcome to reality. Shit, we'd have list half this staff if we didn't get them more money. It's bull$hit putting dollar signs in coaches names. It was an overhaul we needed. We got one. The day after the JLS OSU game.

No DE, no SB. ****ing REALITY.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:28

DWags wrote:

Tanfan, after all these years you've finly understood it was the dysfunctional MSU family that hurt coaches.  Saban and yes, Perles could have really kicked ass with administration support.  Not just their salary but with stuff they asked for. Perles wanted this shit in the early 90's.  Saban left cause he knew he couldn't get it.  

Now you finally admit it isn't just coaching.  They need support.  Jesus, I wish I could go back and show you how many times I said that and I was called a sunshine blower because I refused to say the coach sucked.  You can't win the Indy 500 in a ford focus no matter how good you are. But DE's would tell me it was only coaching. And when Perles and Saban wanted an influx of money, they'd put dollar signs in their names.  

Cause they were short sighted assholes.  Welcome to reality.   Shit, we'd have list half this staff if we didn't get them more money.  It's bull$hit putting dollar signs in coaches names.  It was an overhaul we needed.  We got one.  The day after the JLS OSU game.  

No DE, no SB.  ****ing REALITY.

Bang.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:32

gHost Spartan wrote:

I don't think you can qualify for the Indy 500 with a Ford Focus

Exactly.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:37

gHost Spartan wrote:

I don't think you can qualify for the Indy 500 with a Ford Focus

Nor with a Jeep that goes 2 mph.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:39

duffy munn wrote:gHost Spartan wrote:“I don't think you can qualify for the Indy 500 with a Ford Focus”Exactly.

Maybe they're starting to get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:43

I think MSU will win.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:43

DWags wrote:

PM sent.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:52

DWags wrote:

Are you saying posters on message boards demanding things is NOT the reason MSU football is thriving ?

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:54

duffy munn wrote:DWags wrote:“Maybe they're starting to get it. ”Are you saying posters on message boards demanding things is NOT the reason MSU football is thriving ?

I have demanded BJ's from the wife and never got them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 22:55

DWags wrote:

She...

Never mind.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 23:02

DWags wrote:

Should have married a blower.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 23:07

duffy munn wrote:DWags wrote:“I have demanded BJ's from the wife and never got them. ”Should have married a blower.

I thought I did. Didn't we all think we did?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 23:18

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:DWags wrote:“I have demanded BJ's from the wife and never got them. ”Should have married a blower.

I thought I did.  Didn't we all think we did?  

Amatuers
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 9:01

Duffy - were you saying that you were actually one of the students that carried Muddy off the field?
I was on the field but just a kid. It is one of my most lasting memories of MSU.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 9:32

Herbie Green wrote:Duffy - were you saying that you were actually one of the students that carried Muddy off the field?
I was on the field but just a kid.  It is one of my most lasting memories of MSU.

Yep. Myself and a couple buddies carried Muddy off the field. He had already been fired and it was his last game. The guy had tears in his eyes.

It was the same game ( Iowa) that the temporary goal posts were knocked down.

I will never forget it and it's a bonus that it pisses Tanner off 32 years later.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 9:40

duffy munn wrote:Herbie Green wrote:“Duffy - were you saying that you were actually one of the students that carried Muddy off the field?I was on the field but just a kid.  It is one of my most lasting memories of MSU.”Yep. Myself and a couple buddies carried Muddy off the field. He had already been fired and it was his last game. The guy had tears in his eyes.It was the same game ( Iowa) that the temporary goal posts were knocked down.I will never forget it and it's a bonus that it pisses Tanner off 32 years later.

That is awesome.

Don't tell me you were also that guy standing on the roof of a car driving around Indy in 1979.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 9:41

duffy munn wrote:Herbie Green wrote:“Duffy - were you saying that you were actually one of the students that carried Muddy off the field?I was on the field but just a kid.  It is one of my most lasting memories of MSU.”Yep. Myself and a couple buddies carried Muddy off the field. He had already been fired and it was his last game. The guy had tears in his eyes.It was the same game ( Iowa) that the temporary goal posts were knocked down.I will never forget it and it's a bonus that it pisses Tanner off 32 years later.

I believe it was knocked down by the current head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 9:43

DWags wrote:

I believe it was knocked down by the current head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners.  

Yep. Pass was overthrown by Yarema.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next