Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup

+10
loogoldham
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
SawGreen
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Cameron
Rocinante
DWags
tGreenWay
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:27 am

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Ringo was pathetic. Name one GOOD song post Beatles?

You Know It Ain't Easy?

Saw the Ringo All Stars play at Breslin back in the 90's. Peter Frampton, Jack Bruce, the dude from Free and a few others were there. Show kicked ass.

Had the pleasure of seeing Ringo Star at a press conference in the Jimmy Fallon stuidio about 7 years back. Jimmy was there praising him, Questlove etc were there. He played a few songs to us in the room. Fucking awesome shit. Guy looked great for his age, I love how positive he is and I don't think there was a person in the room that wasn't thrilled to hear him hit the drums.

Seen tons of Ringo bashing over the years guy could play. His drumming served the muse, I don't know how much more complex the drumming should have been to satisfy the haters without it ruining the balance of those songs.

Counterpoint:

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:38 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You Know It Ain't Easy?

Saw the Ringo All Stars play at Breslin back in the 90's. Peter Frampton, Jack Bruce, the dude from Free and a few others were there. Show kicked ass.

Had the pleasure of seeing Ringo Star at a press conference in the Jimmy Fallon stuidio about 7 years back. Jimmy was there praising him, Questlove etc were there. He played a few songs to us in the room. Fucking awesome shit. Guy looked great for his age, I love how positive he is and I don't think there was a person in the room that wasn't thrilled to hear him hit the drums.

Seen tons of Ringo bashing over the years guy could play. His drumming served the muse, I don't know how much more complex the drumming should have been to satisfy the haters without it ruining the balance of those songs.

Counterpoint:

lol! Never seen that before. It reminded me of the Ewok celebration song at the end of ROTJ.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:04 pm

My Sweet Lord by George Harrison
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:44 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:All pussy tunes.

After thinking about it more, I'm calling What Is Life the best song by any member of the Beatles.
When you have already stated that you hate The Beatles, what is the point of asking which Beatles song is better than some non-Beatles song?
??? I didn't ask that question. The Beatles sucked. My point is they were much better songwriters, singers, musicians, producers after they broke up, perhaps learning from their days as a group.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:20 pm

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
When you have already stated that you hate The Beatles, what is the point of asking which Beatles song is better than some non-Beatles song?
??? I didn't ask that question. The Beatles sucked. My point is they were much better songwriters, singers, musicians, producers after they broke up, perhaps learning from their days as a group.
Ummm, you did ask that question:

The Pantry wrote:Name one Beatles song greater than any of the solos I posted without your skirt blowing up over your face.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Beatles stunk
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:??? I didn't ask that question. The Beatles sucked. My point is they were much better songwriters, singers, musicians, producers after they broke up, perhaps learning from their days as a group.

The Pantry wrote:Name one Beatles song greater than any of the solos I posted without your skirt blowing up over your face.
Alright, you got me. It was more of a direct question to Greenway for starting this silly thread.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:34 am

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Alright, you got me. It was more of a direct question to Greenway for starting this silly thread.

Sorry you rejected the premise of this thread. I didn’t get the note that said I had to clear topics with you first.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:35 am

All of them. Oh and throw in the all the songs by the band pre-breakup too.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:36 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:All of them. Oh and throw in the all the songs by the band pre-breakup too.

“Imagine” was an awesome song. Absolutely beautiful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:39 am

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:All of them. Oh and throw in the all the songs by the band pre-breakup too.

For Godless commies that hate America. Yeah it was.....
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:40 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Still is. And you don’t have to be a godless commie to love its music and message.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:49 am

tGreenWay wrote:

Another awesome song according to Greeny -

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:10 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Imagine there's no Bee.... it's not hard if you try... No tBin below us.... Above us only sky.

(Bee couldn't handle the "mental exercise" of Imagine....)
Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 98ca4jk
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:20 am

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Another awesome song according to Greeny -

Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:39 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Imagine there's no Bee.... it's not hard if you try... No tBin below us.... Above us only sky.

(Bee couldn't handle the "mental exercise" of Imagine....)
Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 98ca4jk

Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 1966794946 Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 1966794946 Worst hit song by a Beatle, post band breakup - Page 2 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2