Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing demographics

+5
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
9 posters

Go down

Changing demographics Empty Changing demographics

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-10, 11:11

What...what...what...I meant to say was...

Changing demographics 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Changing demographics Empty Re: Changing demographics

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-10, 11:20

NigelUno wrote:What...what...what...I meant to say was...

I posted the video over in Goose's thread where he was insisting that the real racists are those mean Democrats.

(hint - if someone has to start a thread to INSIST that their political party isn't racist.. their political party is racist).

anyway, republicans and their friends in the mainstream media aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Changing demographics 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-10, 11:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:What...what...what...I meant to say was...

I posted the video over in Goose's thread where he was insisting that the real racists are those mean Democrats.

(hint - if someone has to start a thread to INSIST that their political party isn't racist.. their political party is racist).

anyway, republicans and their friends in the mainstream media aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Changing demographics 502811600

Well, she did (later) say her comments had nothing to do with race.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-10, 11:56

Come on guys.. at least she said "as we know it" instead of "as we know and love it"... Small steps. Small steps.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-10, 11:57

Can you point me to what you're talking about? Is it the laura ingrahm video? I can't watch the whole thing, what's the timestamp I need to watch?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-10, 11:59

Nevermind. I found it. Typical bullshit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-10, 12:00

Rocinante wrote:Nevermind.  I found it. Typical bullshit.
yeah, but it's not about race.

it's about colored people and Mexicans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-10, 12:39

Is this who Bee jerks off to every night?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-10, 12:45

here is her white power salute at the 2016 GOP/White Supremacist rally.

Changing demographics Giphy

but, yeah - not about race.. it's about "changing demographics". Changing demographics 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-10, 15:42

Candace Owens chimes in.

https://twitter.com/ericboehlert/status/1028002651315875841

I agree with Boehlert how do you ‘boycott a mayor’ ???
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-10, 16:19

Why do the right wing dumdums continue to hate on Chicago? They aren't anywhere near the top of any violent crime statistic by city.

Can one of the right wing dummies give me a good reason? Is it simply because Obama came from there? There's got to be more than that to it, right?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-11, 09:20

When you see the reach of FoxNews and how quickly the Foxbots repeat the message its impressive use of propoganda.

By the first of August, FoxNews, Breitbart and faceless 501c's were all pivoting to Socalists!!!, Communists!!! and the "real" Racists !!!. Merchants of fear.

Within 24 hours the Trumpites were all over sites like this and comment sections using the same labels.

I suspect they've seen the polls and their focus groups have indentified what will fire up the retiree and 24-55 demo's that make up 90% of the Trump base.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-08-11, 14:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why do the right wing dumdums continue to hate on Chicago? They aren't anywhere near the top of any violent crime statistic by city.

Can one of the right wing dummies give me a good reason? Is it simply because Obama came from there? There's got to be more than that to it, right?

I think there are 2 main reasons.

1) Illinois and Chicago have fairly strict gun control laws, such as open carry being banned state wide. They've certainly had years where gun violence there has been among the highest in the nation. Relative to the public's desired goal of minimal gun violence, Chicago as well as many other cities are out of control regardless of legislation passed over the last 30+ years. In my opinion this is due to the already ubiquitous nature of guns in the US, and the poor socioeconomic conditions of these high crime areas.

2) Obama is from Chicago, which makes it a talking point that resonates with the republican base on both a logical and emotional level. They could just as easily hammer on other examples of cities that have implemented gun control legislation with little to no impact.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-11, 15:29

AnomanderRake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why do the right wing dumdums continue to hate on Chicago? They aren't anywhere near the top of any violent crime statistic by city.

1) Illinois and Chicago have fairly strict gun control laws, such as open carry being banned state wide. They've certainly had years where gun violence there has been among the highest in the nation. Relative to the public's desired goal of minimal gun violence, Chicago as well as many other cities are out of control regardless of legislation passed over the last 30+ years. In my opinion this is due to the already ubiquitous nature of guns in the US, and the poor socioeconomic conditions of these high crime areas.

2) Obama is from Chicago, which makes it a talking point that resonates with the republican base on both a logical and emotional level. They could just as easily hammer on other examples of cities that have implemented gun control legislation with little to no impact.

Yeah, Gary Indiana is a stones throw away, and I think they’re fairly easy going with gun purchases. Maybe someone can check me on this. We need national laws. It doesn’t do much good if you can travel twenty minutes and pick up a gun somewhere else. Maybe I’m wrong here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-12, 06:54

because they're racist.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-08-12, 11:29

DWags wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Yeah, Gary Indiana is a stones throw away, and I think they’re fairly easy going with gun purchases. Maybe someone can check me on this. We need national laws. It doesn’t do much good if you can travel twenty minutes and pick up a gun somewhere else. Maybe I’m wrong here.

Indiana as a state has more relaxed gun laws, not sure about Gary specifically being a source but the Chicago Police Department has reported in the past that 60% of all illegal firearms they recover are from out of state, with 20% of them coming from Indiana.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down