Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 Empty Re: For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

Post by aualum06 Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:10 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Better to not waste major dollars if they don't want it

This. The basics will transfer to a 4-yr school if that’s the direction your kid wants to go. If he wants to learn a trade, the CC is where he needs to be. LCC has classes for plumbers & pipe fitters, welders, nursing, etc.

Yep gives him a couple of years to figure it out without financially wasting his life. I wish I would have e received this advice.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 Empty Re: For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:31 pm

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This. The basics will transfer to a 4-yr school if that’s the direction your kid wants to go. If he wants to learn a trade, the CC is where he needs to be. LCC has classes for plumbers & pipe fitters, welders, nursing, etc.

Yep gives him a couple of years to figure it out without financially wasting his life. I wish I would have e received this advice.

I got that advice and was thankful for it. LCC was great, and the basics all transferred to MSU. My one and only regret about starting at LCC was not having any dorm friendships. Lots of those lifelong friendships started freshman year. I was actually grateful for being able to live at home and take classes, skip the dorms, then transfer and get an apartment. However, of the men and women I know who maintain friendships with their Spartan classmates, almost all started in the first year.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I know you guys have daughters, but what the hell. I’m going for tears outta grown men.

carried some stuff to the car. Teared up - came inside, grabbed a Strohs and turned on AC/DC.

Bob honey? Meet me in Grayling at noon tomorrow, we're going up to Burt Lake for the night. We can grill something, smoke a fattie and I'll make you S'mores.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 pm

tGreenWay wrote:However, of the men and women I know who maintain friendships with their Spartan classmates, almost all started in the first year.

Greeny? I'll be your pal. As long as you can live with me irritating the hell out of you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:However, of the men and women I know who maintain friendships with their Spartan classmates, almost all started in the first year.

Greeny? I'll be your pal. As long as you can live with me irritating the hell out of you.

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 502811600 Deal. Besides, it’s a two-way street and you’ve put up with me for this long. We’ll grow old together and bitch about everything. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:29 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: carried some stuff to the car. Teared up - came inside, grabbed a Strohs and turned on AC/DC.

Bob honey? Meet me in Grayling at noon tomorrow, we're going up to Burt Lake for the night. We can grill something, smoke a fattie and I'll make you S'mores.
thanks, man - but I have alternate plans in the afternoon that doesn't involve illegal drugs.

Maybe a beer or two at the Peanut Barrel. The a monster nap. I haven't had a nap since yesterday.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:56 am

With this rain, what a mess it will be for move-in day. Remember to wipe your feet, Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 am

tGreenWay wrote:With this rain, what a mess it will be for move-in day. Remember to wipe your feet, Bob.

Considering his tears that softy won't even notice the rain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:11 am

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:With this rain, what a mess it will be for move-in day. Remember to wipe your feet, Bob.

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 502811600 Poor Bob. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:34 am

Neither the wife or I felt sad when either of ours went to college. They were both 18 and ready to leave for school. Biggest difference for us was eating evening meals without having to wait for practice or games to end.

Oldest went to Iowa. She cried the night before moving into the dorm with the "I don't know, I miss my boyfriend" crap. We told her she was about 6 months too late. We didn't drive 400 miles with a van full of her stuff to turnaround. We drove home after moving her in and 48 hours later she called all happy about new friends.

Youngest went to MSU. We moved him in at Brody, layed down the carpet, helped him assemble the loft, met his roommate's parents and he was ready for us to leave. He called home about 3 weeks in asking if he needed to use a whole capful of Tide.

Too busy with school, football games (and hockey tickets fot the MSU kid) to call parents.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:30 am

I went running in the rain this morning.. got back and noticed the gutter needed a minor repair. So I climbed up on the roof in a pouring rain.

Almost killed myself a wet roof.

Unfortunately for the board, I made it off safely.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:31 am

LooseGoose wrote:

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. - Page 2 502811600

hence the sunglasses.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:36 pm

At El Az. The beer is cold.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I went running in the rain this morning.. got back and noticed the gutter needed a minor repair. So I climbed up on the roof in a pouring rain.

That wasn't safe Bob.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:57 pm

NigelUno wrote:At El Az. The beer is cold.

Holy hell. I probably saw Nigel. Yikes, worlds colliding.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:00 pm

There is no doubt in my mind that NigelUno is actually Johnny Spirit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that NigelUno is actually Johnny Spirit.

No doubt?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Holy hell. I probably saw Nigel. Yikes, worlds colliding.

I knew he was close by. I could sense a disturbing undercurrent in EL. Also, my retinas were burning for no apparent reason.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That wasn't safe Bob.
yeah, I know.

I've made worse decisions. The kid and my wife were inside doing yoga. I told them to keep an ear out for me in case they heard a "thud".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:40 pm

I hit up the Peanut Barrel around 3:00.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2