Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..

3 posters

Go down

An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..  Empty An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-30, 15:33

it's a good thing we have such an upstanding, christian role model in the White House.

According to court documents, on August 16, the day the editorial campaign was published in newspapers around the country, Chain made a call to the Globe's newsroom in which he said, "You're the enemy of the people, and we're going to kill every f***ing one of you. Hey, why don't you call the F, why don't you call Mueller, maybe he can help you out buddy. ... I'm going to shoot you in the f***ing head later today, at 4 o'clock."

In another call allegedly made on August 22, Chain was asked why he was calling. According to court documents, he responded, "Because you are the enemy of the people, and I want you to go f*** yourself. As long as you keep attacking the President, the duly elected President of the United States, in the continuation of your treasonous and seditious acts, I will continue to threats, harass, and annoy the Boston Globe."

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..  Empty Re: An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-30, 17:42

Scary graphic and representative of the internet age. We have to start calling social media "media" and hold them responsible for the bullshit on their platforms.

An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..  PJ_2017.05.10_Media-Attitudes_0-01
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..  Empty Re: An American Patriot Arrested After Threats of Violence Against The Media..

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-31, 17:35

The use of “media” in social media is much more broad a term. You’d need to narrow things down to “news” media, under which, some users of various social media fall. And to that, I say this: Congress shall make no law.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-31, 18:20

tGreenWay wrote:The use of “media” in social media is much more broad a term. You’d need to narrow things down to “news” media, under which, some users of various social media fall. And to that, I say this: Congress shall make no law.

I disagree. Something like 45% of he population now get their news from social media. Mostly Facebook. Facebook is designed to keep you engaged. Getting emitional keeps you engaged. Sensationalism and lies get people pretty amped. Social media is media, and we need laws like the fairness doctrine back to force them to present balanced information. In my mind that means nobody’s feed can be allowed to feed them only the shit that outraged them. They have to get a balanced diet of everything. By law. Fuck your 1st amendment motherfucker.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down