Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..

+9
tanfan!
Jethro Bodeen
MasonGuy
LoneWolfSparty
bullwrinkle
Cym Jim
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
13 posters

Go down

American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..  Empty American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:33 pm

what a great American he is..

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/17/toby-keith-bar-in-syracuse-owes-more-than-250k-in-taxes/
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..  Empty Re: American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:05 pm

He is going to put a boot up the ass of the IRS.

Edit: read the article. Boot is going up the state of NY's ass.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..  Empty Re: American Patriot Toby Keith Owes $250,000 in Taxes..

Post by Rocinante Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 pm

I bet he owns some guns.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Rocinante wrote:I bet he owns some guns.
 He seems like the fake country boy-type.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:56 am

He really supports the troops. I mean, he really fucking supports them.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Cym Jim wrote:He really supports the troops. I mean, he really fucking supports them.

He is also a big supporter of Solo Brand Products.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:39 pm

I wonder if he loves that bar?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

I had no idea he owed that much. This can only mean one thing...he's going to be nominated for an Obama cabinet position.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 pm

This means Obama will appoint him to his cabinet.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Derp derp
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 pm

After you watching what your tax dollars go for, maybe there ought to be a little bit of Toby Keith in all of us.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 pm

MasonGuy wrote:After watching what your tax dollars go for, maybe there ought to be a little bit of Toby Keith in all of us.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:39 pm

That asshole Toby Keith! He probably only pays $20,000,000.00 in personal and business taxes a year as it is! He sucks! All of the hundreds of thousands of Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan and Nicaraguan boarder crashers in TX, NM, AZ and CA are MUCH better Americans than he is! And I bet he watches FOX News and has stock in Halliburton and shook Dick Cheney's hand one time that complete piece of Republican, White, Trash!!!!!
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:That asshole Toby Keith! He probably only pays $20,000,000.00 in personal and business taxes a year as it is! He sucks! All of the hundreds of thousands of Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan and Nicaraguan   boarder crashers in TX, NM, AZ and CA are MUCH better Americans than he is! And I bet he watches FOX News and has stock in Halliburton and shook Dick Cheney's hand one time that complete piece of Republican, White, Trash!!!!!

Actually, pretty close.  He's in the top earner income bracket, which means he pays 39.6% which if his reported 2013 earnings are correct (65 mil), comes out to about 25,740,000.

What a travesty that he only gets to keep 39,260,000 of his (reported) income that he earns playing music and writing songs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what a great American he is..

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/17/toby-keith-bar-in-syracuse-owes-more-than-250k-in-taxes/

Restaurants? Worst investment evah.  I can see that freight train ruining him financially. He doesnt owe it his corporation owes it. He probably has a licensing agreement for the name.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Actually, pretty close.  He's in the top earner income bracket, which means he pays 39.6% which if his reported 2013 earnings are correct (65 mil), comes out to about 25,740,000.

What a travesty that he only gets to keep 39,260,000 of his (reported) income that he earns playing music and writing songs.

Well, I guess everyone should just play for free at Hobies Open Mike night so we can make sure no one ever becomes a big success.... Rolling Eyes .

BTW you are also forgetting the state taxes he pays for any business he conducts in states with income taxes. He pays it as well as anyone in his band and road crew. Then, there is fuel taxes and other sales taxes paid by his touring operation. His payrolls pay millions in Social Security and Federal employment taxes. I'm sure he pays millions to accounting firms just to pay the fucking monstrous and complex taxes. And after all of that, he and everyone he employs are paying shitloads in taxes to every greedy level of government from everything from fishing licenses to common sales taxes to property taxes on the homes they purchase. And its all paid because Toby Keith has the god-damn NERVE to play music people like to listen to and purchase. What a cock-sucker he is!  Rolling Eyes 

And ask yourself the question: At what tax level would people with the ambition of Toby Keith just say "****-it" and not try to do anything?

I don't even like the motherfuckers music. But to suggest the guy is somehow not paying his "fair share" is a crock of shit born of snotty, leftist envy and hatred.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

Well, I guess everyone should just play for free at Hobies Open Mike night so we can make sure no one ever becomes a big success.... Rolling Eyes .

BTW you are also forgetting the state taxes he pays for any business he conducts in states with income taxes. He pays it as well as anyone in his band and road crew. Then, there is fuel taxes and other sales taxes paid by his touring operation. His payrolls pay millions in Social Security and Federal employment taxes. I'm sure he pays millions to accounting firms just to pay the fucking monstrous and complex taxes. And after all of that, he and everyone he employs are paying shitloads in taxes to every greedy level of government from everything from fishing licenses to common sales taxes to property taxes on the homes they purchase. And its all paid because Toby Keith has the god-damn NERVE to play music people like to listen to and purchase. What a cock-sucker he is!  Rolling Eyes 

And ask yourself the question: At what tax level would people with the ambition of Toby Keith just say "****-it" and not try to do anything?

I don't even like the motherfuckers music. But to suggest the guy is somehow not paying his "fair share" is a crock of shit born of snotty, leftist envy and hatred.

I never said he wasn't paying his fair share... By the way this particular episode is an issue with state taxes.

I feel really sorry for him. Razz
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:33 am

Tanfan! wrote:

Restaurants? Worst investment evah.  I can see that freight train ruining him financially. He doesnt owe it his corporation owes it. He probably has a licensing agreement for the name.

I went to one here in Denver - I felt like I was in a giant gay tribute to America. I think you could buy Freedom Fries with your Shock and Awe burger. The ribs were shit but he makes his white waitresses dress like sluts, which is nice I suppose.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:52 pm

It's a great thing there aren't any ultra liberal musicians who dodge paying taxes...http://www.smh.com.au/business/u2-tax-haven-the-sweetest-thing-20130612-2o4dc.html
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Never... look back at the good old days when the tax rates were 80%... rich still where rich... Charleton Heston still made movies. Koch's daddy still became a gillionaire.
Your premise is flawed in a free market. Even if he did quit... someone else would fill the void for crappy over produced "country" music and make his money.
Jethro Bodeen wrote:
I would venture to guess when he is driving his hummer on the (publicly funded) highways and biways of this great land, the road he drives on is worth a bunch more cash to him then it is to everyone else. I KNOW the rule of law the police and courts and govt which allows him to make his huge money is worth every penny he pays in taxes. (Cause he would never be rich and/or safe otherwise...) Dude got a ton more to lose then the rest of us.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Never... look back at the good old days when the tax rates were 80%... rich still where rich... Charleton Heston still made movies. Koch's daddy still became a gillionaire.
Your premise is flawed in a free market. Even if he did quit... someone else would fill the void for crappy over produced "country" music and make his money.

I would venture to guess when he is driving his hummer on the (publicly funded) highways and biways of this great land, the road he drives on is worth a bunch more cash to him then it is to everyone else. I KNOW the rule of law the police and courts and govt which allows him to make his huge money is worth every penny he pays in taxes. (Cause he would never be rich and/or safe otherwise...) Dude got a ton more to lose then the rest of us.

Bitter, much? Instead of being beyond obsessed with what other people make, why don't you go out and make your own money? The bitterness of liberals towards successful people is astounding.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:05 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what a great American he is..

Toby = Taxed Enough Already.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:29 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Prior to the Tax Reform act of 1986, there were layers and layers of tax dodges. The wealthy were able to "income average" and spread tax bills over 5 years. They also could put money overseas and in trusts. There are very few areas to protect money and one of those is with taxfree municipal bond
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Accounting fights.

But I wonder if the self-proclaimed "conservative" would like it if enough people withheld their tax dollars and the fire department just couldn't afford to get to their property on time to save the structure.

ps
Spare us the insurance BS. You never get fully reimbursed.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:46 am

Lots of liberals love taxes until it comes time for them to pay them.
Robert Redford is suing New York state related to the sale of Sundance Channel.

The actor-director sued the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance in Albany County Supreme Court on July 30 claiming that he's being overtaxed on money his company made when it sold off a stake in the channel in 2005.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-redford-sues-new-york-723722

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down