Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I hit my limit...

+10
Rocinante
kingstonlake
msugolfguy
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think I hit my limit... - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I hit my limit...

Post by Dendrobates Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:30

I am not looking for sympathy here. But I was just giving another example of all of this. Even I sometimes am guilty with questioning why didn’t she/he report it.  And hell, I am ignored when I say something and decide to pretend like nothing happened so I can make peace with it and not cause a disturbance.

There is also a disturbing amount of women who make things up for ulterior motive. I honestly don’t know the best way around this, except that allegations should be taken seriously.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:50

Dendrobates wrote:I am not looking for sympathy here. But I was just giving another example of all of this. Even I sometimes am guilty with questioning why didn’t she/he report it.  And hell, I am ignored when I say something and decide to pretend like nothing happened so I can make peace with it and not cause a disturbance.

There is also a disturbing amount of women who make things up for ulterior motive. I honestly don’t know the best way around this, except that allegations should be taken seriously.

Do they really? Stuff as serious as sexual assault? I don’t see that. And while I of course sympathize with you, i can’t unfortunately say I’m even a little surprised.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 22:03

So today Orange Fuckface blatantly mocks Ford at a Klan rally to raucous applause and cheers. It really is a sad state of affairs. 

I don't have a horse in this particular race. I don't know how much I care. I am not going to demonize Kavanaugh nor certainly would I want to demonize Ford. I can see that those who are politically entrenched on the side of Orange Fuckface would want to paint a Conspiracy Theory picture - but what evidence do we actually have that she is lying? LWS went there in this thread or another without a shred of evidence. 

These situations are often very tricky and intricate and he said, she saids with a lot of grey area. It is disgusting to me that in the name of team politics the fucking PotUSA - let alone anyone - would resort to blatant victim shaming without a shred of evidence. And to boisterous cheers, at that. This is what we have become. It doesn't surprise me but it sure does disgust me. 

I don't have to be a Democrat (I'm not) to opine that this man is a disgusting, vile human and if you support him, you are, too! 

Moreover, if you don't get invested in this team left vs. team right bullshit, you just kind of follow your moral compass....the evil is evident, and it ain't emanating from the team left. I'm sure counterpoint is some planned parenthood bullshit.  Rolling Eyes
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 22:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So today Orange Fuckface blatantly mocks Ford at a Klan rally to raucous applause and cheers. It really is a sad state of affairs. 

I don't have a horse in this particular race. I don't know how much I care. I am not going to demonize Kavanaugh nor certainly would I want to demonize Ford. I can see that those who are politically entrenched on the side of Orange Fuckface would want to paint a Conspiracy Theory picture - but what evidence do we actually have that she is lying? LWS went there in this thread or another without a shred of evidence. 

These situations are often very tricky and intricate and he said, she saids with a lot of grey area. It is disgusting to me that in the name of team politics the fucking PotUSA - let alone anyone - would resort to blatant victim shaming without a shred of evidence. And to boisterous cheers, at that. This is what we have become. It doesn't surprise me but it sure does disgust me. 

I don't have to be a Democrat (I'm not) to opine that this man is a disgusting, vile human and if you support him, you are, too! 

Moreover, if you don't get invested in this team left vs. team right bullshit, you just kind of follow your moral compass....the evil is evident, and it ain't emanating from the team left. I'm sure counterpoint is some planned parenthood bullshit.  Rolling Eyes

This surprised you? Hell we have emails of the President of MSU saying the Nassar victims are in it for the money. Then you have people who back him because he is a Republican. Sorry but wrong is wrong.

Like what surprises anyone anymore?
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 22:23

No. I actually directly said it doesn't surprise me. Doesn't make it any less disgusting. It's a goddamned shame.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 22:45

Listen to the NYT daily from today. Two of the reporters working on Kavanaugh stuff explain how folks the were getting tips from were really reluctant to come forward publicly Until they saw the judge severely mischaracterizing his high school and college years in sworn testimony.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily/id1200361736?mt=2&i=1000420889084
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 23:22

going to be interesting to see the exit polling for how many women vote republican in November.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 7:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So today Orange Fuckface blatantly mocks Ford at a Klan rally to raucous applause and cheers. It really is a sad state of affairs. 

racism, bigotry and misogyny are powerful human attributes - often overriding love, compassion and decency.

As you say, it's disgusting. I believe decency will eventually win.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 7:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

racism, bigotry and misogyny are powerful human attributes - often overriding love, compassion and decency.

Trump called Dr. Ford evil last night. What else is there to say other than vote. We gotta get these soulless sacks of shit out of power.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 7:47

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: racism, bigotry and misogyny are powerful human attributes - often overriding love, compassion and decency.

Trump called Dr. Ford evil last night. What else is there to say other than vote. We gotta get these soulless sacks of shit out of power.
I actually watched the clip of the racist, bigoted sexual predator mocking Dr. Ford... him laughing.. and his supporters laughing.

and it took me back to the moment when Dr. Ford testified about her sexual assault.. and the thing that stuck with her the most was not the assault itself, but the laughing.

No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 7:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I actually watched the clip of the racist, bigoted sexual predator mocking Dr. Ford... him laughing.. and his supporters laughing.

and it took me back to the moment when Dr. Ford testified about her sexual assault.. and the thing that stuck with her the most was not the assault itself, but the laughing.

No

There is no bottom with this soulless heartless buffoon. If this Nov isn’t a referendum on Trump then all I can say is kiss the USA we once knew goodbye and welcome to Trumpistan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 8:49

Rest assured the dumbfucks out there like Bee now have the green light to disparage any and all rape victims as they see fit. This moron is just the worst.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 9:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Rest assured the dumbfucks out there like Bee now have the green light to disparage any and all rape victims as they see fit. This moron is just the worst.

YEAH SUCK IT LIBS! FREEDOM! SUCK IT UP SNOWFLAKE! GUNS AND BIBLES COMING AT YOU! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 9:27

msugolfguy wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Rest assured the dumbfucks out there like Bee now have the green light to disparage any and all rape victims as they see fit. This moron is just the worst.

YEAH SUCK IT LIBS! FREEDOM! SUCK IT UP SNOWFLAKE! GUNS AND BIBLES COMING AT YOU! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Don't forget about Civil War 2: Liberal elites, we comin' to git you!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 10:09

[quote="Watch Out Pylon!"]
msugolfguy wrote:

Don't forget about Civil War 2: Liberal elites, we comin' to git you![/quote

TROOPS! BACK THE BLUE!
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 10:54

Everyone just remember so that you don't lose (more) faith in humanity. 1/3 of people are going to support strong men, 1/3 will oppose, and 1/3 are swingable. Don't be surprised when the votes are REALLY close, especially when there is an active propaganda arm of the press pushing his message.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 11:00

Rocinante wrote:Everyone just remember so that you don't lose (more) faith in humanity. 1/3 of people are going to support strong men, 1/3 will oppose, and 1/3 are swingable. Don't be surprised when the votes are REALLY close, especially when there is an active propaganda arm of the press pushing his message.
been saying it for (now) years.. the mainstream media has been, is and will always be in his hip pocket.

I just wonder if the decent segment of the American electorate can overcome it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 11:08

Don't forget this:

Fox News Analyst Quits, Calling Network a ‘Propaganda Machine’

“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,”
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2