Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage

+4
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
8 posters

Go down

Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage Empty Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 11:57

Wow this is fucked up if this is actually the way it went down.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/10/17/pharmacist-medicine-miscarriage-religious-objection/1600714002/

TL;DR - Woman's fetus died due to miscarriage. She tried to wait to see if her body would deliver it naturally. It didn't happen so her OB prescribed a drug to aid in miscarriages. Same drug can be combined with another to abort a baby. Pharmacist at Meijer in Petoskey told her he wouldn't fill it because he was a Good Christian and didn't believe in abortion. When she explained her situation he said he didn't believe her.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage Empty Re: Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage

Post by Rocinante Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 12:43

That’s really fucked up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage Empty Re: Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 12:45

religious people are the most dangerous people on Earth.

this poor lady and her family. Such a sad story - No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 12:48

Just read it and I feel awful for her, I can't imagine how difficult that would be. Sounds like the Pharmacist was within his rights to not fill the prescription but didn't follow policy:

"Meijer spokeswoman Christina Fecher declined to comment on what happened to Peterson because of health privacy laws, but did say the company "works hard to support all of our pharmacy customers' needs."

"We recognize the right of a pharmacist to abstain from filling a prescription based on his or her religious beliefs, but the pharmacist is required to have another Meijer pharmacist fill the prescription or, if no other pharmacist is available at that time, to transfer the script to another pharmacy convenient to the customer. This is consistent with guidelines spelled out in the American Pharmacists Association policy manual.""
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 13:00

Guy needs to lose his job.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 13:03

Fanatic religious types need to be sent to a shitty deserted island.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 13:19

okay, so I don't know how it works - because I just believe in being nice to people and treating people the way you would like to be treated...

but.. in my line of work (posting at tSwill), if I refused to help someone because I found out that they were some raging religious extremist who revels in the pain and suffering of others.. would I legally be allowed to do that??

I doubt it, right?   Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage 2599972566

from the article, this religious zealot should have referred this poor lady to a colleague or another pharmacy that has respect for life and humanity and he/she could've helped her.

So - could I simply refer the aforementioned religious extremist who revels in the pain and misery of others to a colleague of mine?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 13:45

We’d ban your ass so you wouldn’t have time
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 13:54

DWags wrote:We’d ban your ass so you wouldn’t have time
Good Christian pharmacist in Petoskey denies woman prescription to aid in miscarriage 502811600

I'd deserve to be banned.

(funny how a message board filled with 14-15 idiots has a higher standard of basic human decency than religion) - scratch

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 14:07

DWags wrote:Guy needs to lose his job.

I'm not usually on board with the online calls for firings. In this instance, though... Yeah, this fucker absolutely should never be employed as a pharmacist again.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 15:31

Not should have referred, Bob; was required to by state law. The article also mentions how this extremist talked to the young woman’s mom without prior approval from the woman, so he violated HIPAA, too. That could’ve been anyone claiming to be her mom and he disclosed everything over the phone.
Fuck this guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 15:35

tGreenWay wrote: Not should have referred, Bob; was required to by state law. The article also mentions how this extremist talked to the young woman’s mom without prior approval from the woman, so he violated HIPAA, too. That could’ve been anyone claiming to be her mom and he disclosed everything over the phone.
Fuck this guy.
true.

Deserves to lose his job and, possibly, his license.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 16:48

Oh hey, I just noticed they live in my old hometown (yeah, I just read the article). I don't get back there much anymore. Don't know them. And this was today's useless fact about me.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 5:25

No idea how to link stuff on my phone, but Meijer has said that this fine christian man is no longer employed by them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down