Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O.K., come on! Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?

+10
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   Empty O.K., come on! Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 13:10

So I sent my kids this story, thought it was kind of funny. I said "I'm not paying 10 bucks for either of you to brushy a cow before finals, best way to not be stressed for a test is to be prepared for it, not brush a damn cowl".

So, the freshman texts back that they're bringing therapy dogs today in her dorm for people to chill with.

I'm worried. I know I shouldn't be. And if MSU uses the 10 bucks for a fund raiser and a cow gets brushed for 30 minutes, that's cool too. But man, We just took the dam test. (I know, I should add....."why back in my day, we just yelled at each other to do good you fuckers". ) I just find this a bit weird.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2018/12/10/msu-students-finals-stress-brushing-cows/2213232002/

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   Empty Re: O.K., come on! Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 13:15

yep - the kid sent me pics of the therapy/stress relief dogs at SniPhy..

(dogs would actually give me more anxiety.. I prefer cats).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   Empty Re: O.K., come on! Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-10, 13:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - the kid sent me pics of the therapy/stress relief dogs at SniPhy..

Explains a lot about you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 13:24

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - the kid sent me pics of the therapy/stress relief dogs at SniPhy..

Explains a lot about you.
indeed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 13:29

I thought “having a cow” meant you were going crazy not de stressing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-10, 13:34

DWags wrote:So I sent my kids this story, thought it was kind of funny.   I said "I'm not paying 10 bucks for either of you to brushy a cow before finals, best way to not be stressed for a test is to be prepared for it, not brush a damn cowl".    

So, the freshman texts back that they're bringing therapy dogs today  in her dorm for people to chill with.  

I'm worried.  I know I shouldn't be.  And if MSU uses the 10 bucks for a fund raiser and a cow gets brushed for 30 minutes, that's cool too.  But man, We just took the dam test.   (I know, I should add....."why back in my day, we just yelled at each other to do good you fuckers". )  I just find this a bit weird.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2018/12/10/msu-students-finals-stress-brushing-cows/2213232002/

It's all a cover to sneak them the brain juice that really helped them do well on finals.   Raw milk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-10, 13:39

What's next, therapy crows? Owls?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 13:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:What's next, therapy crows? Owls?

I’m partial to therapy scotch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-10, 13:44

I do not understand why things change either. Terrible.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 13:51

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:What's next, therapy crows? Owls?

I’m partial to therapy scotch.
O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   502811600

I'm a fan of therapy PBR or therapy whiskey. Preferably together.. with therapy tunes cranked up in the background.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-12-10, 13:53

Yeah. Someone needs to prove to me the whole "therapy" animal thing isn't total bullshit excuse for idiots with pets to bring them everywhere.

Fuck your dog at meijer you dumb twat.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 13:55

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Fuck your dog at meijer
I'd prefer not having to witness that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-10, 14:10

Crow therapy would be awesome Floyd.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 14:12

Rocinante wrote:Crow therapy would be awesome Floyd.  
might I recommend..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-10, 14:13

Are they raw cows?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-10, 14:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Are they raw cows?

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   502811600 O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-10, 14:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Crow therapy would be awesome Floyd.  
might I recommend..

No you may not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 14:16

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
might I recommend..

No you may not.
:(

I need a therapy cat because of you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-10, 14:21

I love it! O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   502811600
Every generation tries new things. This is harmless and probably helpful to some.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-10, 14:35

D wags instead of worrying about this I’d worry about why you’re worried. That’s much more weird than the studies that have proved this shit to work. But what do i know
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-10, 14:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags instead of worrying about this I’d worry about why you’re worried. That’s much more weird than the studies that have proved this shit to work. But what do i know

"Proved"?

Therapy animals are everywhere. Proof that they help is not.

Does Animal-Assisted Therapy Really Work?

Now The Bad News: Big Problem #1

These results sound great. But are they too good to be true? Unfortunately, when it comes to animal assisted therapy studies, two problems loom large.

The first is that most of the clinical trials on the effectiveness of animal assisted therapy are so methodologically flawed that their conclusions cannot be trusted. Therapies involving horses are a good example. In a recent article in the Journal of Clinical Psychology, investigators lead by Michael Anestis of the University of Southern Mississippi analyzed all of the published clinical trials on equine assisted therapy. They found that in 12 of the 14 studies the sample sizes were too small to produce reliable results, and 8 of the studies also lacked no-treatment control groups. In only one of the trials were subjects randomly assigned to treatment conditions, and none of them controlled for the effects of simply being exposed to a new experience or for unconscious bias on the part of the researchers. Based on these problems, Anestis' team recommended that that equine therapy be put on hold until well-designed studies demonstrate its effectiveness.

Lori Marino found that nearly all of the 28 AAT studies she examined were seriously flawed. She says there is little evidence that the improvements seen in animal therapy studies are due to the presence of the animal, as opposed to, say, interacting with the animal's sympathetic handler.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-10, 15:01

For the past few years, I’ve walked my dog a little more often in the two weeks leading up to and during finals. It’s remarkable how students respond. Sorry, Joe, but pet therapy works, and if my pup helped some poor schlub make it over the last obstacle, then yay for everybody.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 15:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags instead of worrying about this I’d worry about why you’re worried. That’s much more weird than the studies that have proved this shit to work. But what do i know

I'm guessing you're just a blast at parties.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 15:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Fuck your dog at meijer
I'd prefer not having to witness that.

Yeah, I"m gonna need 30 with a cow now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-10, 15:12

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'd prefer not having to witness that.

I'd prefer not to witness that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-10, 15:14

DWags wrote:

I had no idea I was at a party.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-10, 15:32

LooseGoose wrote:

"Proved"?

Now The Bad News: Big Problem #1

These results sound great. But are they too good to be true? Unfortunately, when it comes to animal assisted therapy studies, two problems loom large.

The first is that most of the clinical trials on the effectiveness of animal assisted therapy are so methodologically flawed that their conclusions cannot be trusted. Therapies involving horses are a good example. In a recent article in the Journal of Clinical Psychology, investigators lead by Michael Anestis of the University of Southern Mississippi analyzed all of the published clinical trials on equine assisted therapy. They found that in 12 of the 14 studies the sample sizes were too small to produce reliable results, and 8 of the studies also lacked no-treatment control groups. In only one of the trials were subjects randomly assigned to treatment conditions, and none of them controlled for the effects of simply being exposed to a new experience or for unconscious bias on the part of the researchers. Based on these problems, Anestis' team recommended that that equine therapy be put on hold until well-designed studies demonstrate its effectiveness.

Lori Marino found that nearly all of the 28 AAT studies she examined were seriously flawed. She says there is little evidence that the improvements seen in animal therapy studies are due to the presence of the animal, as opposed to, say, interacting with the animal's sympathetic handler.

Thanks for the mainstream media links.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-10, 15:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

"Proved"?

Thanks for the mainstream media links.

Good to see you adopting Bob's response when the facts contradict your preconceived notions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 15:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

I had no idea I was at a party.

We’re all happy you aren’t.

WTF guys? It was a human interest story. A fun one. Is this where it needs to go?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-10, 15:43

Change is fine. Change to something pretty fucking dumb is worth laughing at.

Remember that one summer when all the cool kids thought planking was awesome? I laughed at that too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 15:45

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'd prefer not to witness that.

You would if I had a glass or two with me. Maybe some cookies.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-10, 15:48

This thread is stressing me out.

I think I'm going to get a dog. Or a drink.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 15:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Change is fine. Change to something pretty fucking dumb is worth laughing at.

Remember that one summer when all the cool kids thought planking was awesome? I laughed at that too.

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-10, 15:51

Planking is stupid.

The tide pod challenge is awesome, though. Stuff tastes so good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-10, 16:01

At what point does this generation require a therapy cow to relieve the trauma of making their bed?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-10, 16:03

Respond to my threads how i want you to! Ya snowflakes!

Sincerely,
Wags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-10, 16:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Respond to my threads how i want you to! Ya snowflakes!

Sincerely,
Wags

Go drink some Bud Light.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 16:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Respond to my threads how i want you to! Ya snowflakes!

Sincerely,
Wags

Dude, get a therapy cow. 10 bucks. Goose will show you which thing the raw goodness comes out of.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-10, 16:31

DWags wrote:

Sincerely,
Wags

Dude, get a therapy cow. 10 bucks. Goose will show you which thing the raw goodness comes out of.

This should help.

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   Cow_squirting_milk_anigif_thread_8990125
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-10, 16:56

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

This should help.

O.K., come on!  Therapy Cows and stress relief dogs for kids at MSU taking finals?   Cow_squirting_milk_anigif_thread_8990125

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next