Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.

+4
StylesGShmooth
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.   Empty Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.

Post by DWags 2018-06-09, 16:40

Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.   502811600

My daughter has had a couple of them over. Seriously I’m not trying to make fun but I think they’re too stupid and unorganized to do it. But damn 45 strokes better than your average?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/06/07/anchor-bay-lanse-creuse-qualify-state-golf-amid-controversy/682722002/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.   Empty Re: Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-09, 16:43

That’s just good coaching

on how to cheat at golf.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.   Empty Re: Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.

Post by DWags 2018-06-09, 16:48

Oops. I think my kids school might have cheated their way to the state finals in golf.   502811600

I mean hey 8 strokes would be a damn good day. But improving by 45. Damn, that’s great coaching. I’m gonna grill one of them tonight. I’ll report back.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-09, 16:52

Seeing as all three schools improved their games and just happened to be keeping an eye on each other’s scorecards, I’m inclined to say Hmmm...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-09, 16:53

One of the kids from the three teams will eventually crack under pressure.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-09, 17:00

Absolutely. One team, possibly, two teams, doubtful, but three teams of HSers trying to keep the secret? NFW.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-06-09, 17:45

I went to Anchor Bay. I hope they are the better cheaters and win it all! For the record, I don't like golf...
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-09, 18:15

It appears the chickens have come home to roost. Two last place teams.
First-Day Team Standings
1. Grosse Pointe South - 299
2. Rockford - 312
3. Hartland - 315
4. Detroit Catholic Central - 316
4. Birmingham Seaholm - 316
4. Northville - 316
7. Lake Orion - 317
8. Birmingham Brother Rice - 326
9. GR Forest Hills Central - 331
10. Ann Arbor Skyline - 335
10. Lapeer - 335
12. Ann Arbor Pioneer - 337
13. Plymouth - 339
14. Grand Blanc - 343
15. Portage Northern - 357
16. Traverse City West - 358
17. Anchor Bay - 385
18. Harrison Twp L'Anse Creuse - 401
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2018-06-09, 18:55

Definitely shenanigans and tomfoolery afoot. So, would the coaches have to be in on this too?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-09, 19:10

Don’t know about the coach being in on it. He was their math teacher and they are both saying no way he knew about it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-06-09, 20:51

What the fuck? I thought my school was better at cheating. Lazy bastards can't get anything right. Bunch of losers.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-06-10, 09:22

DWags wrote:Don’t know about the coach being in on it. He was their math teacher and they are both saying no way he knew about it.

Have an acquaintance who is a HS boys golf coach for a Class C/Division 5 school. He's a retired math teacher and kept coaching after he left the class room.

According to him, coaching HS golf is about as easy as it gets for coaching. Any player who's worth a damn is already getting private coaching and the schools aren't as picky on experience as they are when hiring football, basketball, volleyball or wrestling coaches.

I'm sure the math teacher/coach is a nice guy but he's collecting a check to schlep out to golf courses with a dozen teenagers for 8-9 weeks. Given where you live and the possibility of helicopter parents or an administration that would rather not deal with angry golf parents whose sons were publicly called out for cheating, it wouldn't be a surprise to read the boys golf coach resigned about the time school starts in August when HS football dominates.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-12, 05:55

Tony Paul reads this board.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/06/11/mhsaa-considers-changes-after-review-boys-golf-scores/691677002/
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-12, 10:43

That byline should read
By Tony Paul, DWags, & tSwill staff
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-12, 11:10

Well, here's whats weird. Kid has been too a few graduation events. The two kids she knows on the team have both been absent from every event. I'm not saying that it's related, but she thinks it's weird.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-25, 15:10

Michigan high school golf wants to stop cheating. Here's the plan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-25, 16:00

At the Lake Orion-hosted Region 4 meet, Anchor Bay, L’Anse Creuse and Fraser played in multiple groupings together. Players from each school signed for and attested scores that were more than 45 strokes lower than each of their respective teams’ submitted season averages. In Anchor Bay’s case, the score of 284 became the new all-time state record for regionals.

Due to golf’s rules of self-governance and no one stepping forward with video proof or eye-witness accounts disputing the regional scores, Anchor Bay’s and L’Anse Creuse’s posted scores of 284 and 296, respectively, allowed them to advance to the MHSAA finals.

With the standard monitoring at the state finals, Grosse Pointe South won with a two-round total 598 — while Anchor Bay shot 738 and L’Anse Creuse had 777 to finish in the bottom two spots.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-25, 16:44

Kids have more elastic muscle memory than adults. Also, it’s golf not rocket surgery.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down