Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discrimination? Bullshit. Persecution is closer to the truth.

5 posters

Go down

Discrimination?   Bullshit.  Persecution is closer to the truth. Empty Discrimination? Bullshit. Persecution is closer to the truth.

Post by Guest 2018-12-21, 10:34

These people are all in favor of separation of church and State....except when they can use the State to bludgeon people of faith.

Colorado Is Still Trying to Destroy Jack Phillips

Over the past few years, Colorado has been on a crusade to destroy Jack Phillips' business over a thought crime. The state's Civil Rights Commission had bored into Phillips' soul and established that his refusal to create a specialty cake for a same-sex couple was driven by his personal animosity toward gay customers rather than by his Christian faith.

Unelected officials began fining Phillips in an effort to put him out of business for being a Christian. I wrote about the case numerous times, and every time, I was assured that his actions had nothing to do with "religious liberty" -- a term almost always placed within quotation marks to intimate that it's a bogus concern. I was assured that it's constitutionally acceptable for a gay couple to force a man to create art that undermines his faith. I was assured the case against him would be a slam-dunk for Colorado.

It was then-Commissioner Diann Rice, for example, who had compared religious liberty to Nazism and slavery. The fact that Colorado would not take similar cases against bakers who refused to make specialty cakes for Christian customers (also a protected class) was another obvious example of its social activism. The Supreme Court found that Colorado didn't display religious neutrality when punishing Phillips for his beliefs, showing "a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs."

The commission would not make the same mistake next time.

On June 26, 2017, the day the Supreme Court agreed to hear Phillips' case, Autumn Scardina, a transgender attorney and activist, called Masterpiece Cakeshop and asked Phillips to design a custom cake with a blue exterior and a pink interior to symbolize a transition from male to female. Phillips politely turned Scardina down. "I was stunned," the lawyer risibly claimed in her complaint to the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

Scardina, of course, didn't accidentally ask the most famous Christian baker in the nation to make a "transition" cake. Scardina is leading a crusade against Phillips. In one call, Scardina allegedly asked for "an image of Satan smoking marijuana." In a written request, members of "the Church of Satan" asked for "a three-tiered white cake" with a "large figure of Satan, licking a 9" black Dildo." "I would like the dildo to be an actual working model, that can be turned on before we unveil the cake," went the request. You can just sense the sanctimonious smugness of people who think this sort of thing is edgy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Discrimination?   Bullshit.  Persecution is closer to the truth. Empty Re: Discrimination? Bullshit. Persecution is closer to the truth.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-21, 10:44

Tough times for bigots.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Discrimination?   Bullshit.  Persecution is closer to the truth. Empty Re: Discrimination? Bullshit. Persecution is closer to the truth.

Post by Cameron 2018-12-21, 12:32

I don't see what society gains from compelling this man to make dildo cakes. This all seems very frivolous.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-21, 12:35

Cameron wrote:I don't see what society gains from compelling this man to make dildo cakes. This all seems very frivolous.

I think we should all be compelled to make a penis cake. Walk a mile in another man's shoes, and maybe we'd appreciate others struggle a bit more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-21, 12:37

LooseGoose wrote: These people are all in favor of separation of church and State....except when they can use the State to bludgeon people of faith.

Colorado Is Still Trying to Destroy Jack Phillips

Over the past few years, Colorado has been on a crusade to destroy Jack Phillips' business over a thought crime. The state's Civil Rights Commission had bored into Phillips' soul and established that his refusal to create a specialty cake for a same-sex couple was driven by his personal animosity toward gay customers rather than by his Christian faith.

Unelected officials began fining Phillips in an effort to put him out of business for being a Christian. I wrote about the case numerous times, and every time, I was assured that his actions had nothing to do with "religious liberty" -- a term almost always placed within quotation marks to intimate that it's a bogus concern. I was assured that it's constitutionally acceptable for a gay couple to force a man to create art that undermines his faith. I was assured the case against him would be a slam-dunk for Colorado.

It was then-Commissioner Diann Rice, for example, who had compared religious liberty to Nazism and slavery. The fact that Colorado would not take similar cases against bakers who refused to make specialty cakes for Christian customers (also a protected class) was another obvious example of its social activism. The Supreme Court found that Colorado didn't display religious neutrality when punishing Phillips for his beliefs, showing "a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs."

The commission would not make the same mistake next time.

On June 26, 2017, the day the Supreme Court agreed to hear Phillips' case, Autumn Scardina, a transgender attorney and activist, called Masterpiece Cakeshop and asked Phillips to design a custom cake with a blue exterior and a pink interior to symbolize a transition from male to female. Phillips politely turned Scardina down. "I was stunned," the lawyer risibly claimed in her complaint to the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

Scardina, of course, didn't accidentally ask the most famous Christian baker in the nation to make a "transition" cake. Scardina is leading a crusade against Phillips. In one call, Scardina allegedly asked for "an image of Satan smoking marijuana." In a written request, members of "the Church of Satan" asked for "a three-tiered white cake" with a "large figure of Satan, licking a 9" black Dildo." "I would like the dildo to be an actual working model, that can be turned on before we unveil the cake," went the request. You can just sense the sanctimonious smugness of people who think this sort of thing is edgy.
thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-21, 12:44

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:I don't see what society gains from compelling this man to make dildo cakes. This all seems very frivolous.

I think we should all be compelled to make a penis cake. Walk a mile in another man's shoes, and maybe we'd appreciate others struggle a bit more.

We should all be required to suck penises, too, just to appreciate it. You first.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-21, 13:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Tough times for bigots.
why do I suspect this little snowflake christian is white?

It's always sad when white christians feel {sniffle} discriminated against. Discrimination?   Bullshit.  Persecution is closer to the truth. 502811600

I wonder what the white christian snowflake cake-baker thinks about brown children being locked in cages or the little brown girl who died in US custody?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down