Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station

+4
Turtleneck
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station Empty Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station

Post by DWags Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 18:50

And it was alright.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station Empty Re: Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 18:54

If someone successfully decipher this, please post the answer. TIA.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station Empty Re: Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 18:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:If someone successfully decipher this, please post the answer. TIA.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 18:59

https://youtu.be/ytK660FVoTw

Last edited by DWags on Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 18:59

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:If someone successfully decipher this, please post the answer. TIA.

Well, that didn't take long.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:01; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:01

I might need a couple drinks first
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:03

IMO Mitch Ryder's best song.

Johnny the Bee on drums - later co-founded the Rockets.

And one of the most criminally underrated rock guitarists - Steve Hunter

Played in this band, and that riff is one of my favorites of all time.
Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome to my Nightmare with Cooper
He's the soloist you hear on Train Kept a Rollin' not Joe Perry
Also the guitarist on the famous Lou Reed live version of Sweet JAne
And on, and on.. and on...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:08

Only OTPT can save this board from becoming a virtual Saturday morning at the barbershop where nothing more recent than 1988 is discussed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:23

LooseGoose wrote:IMO Mitch Ryder's best song.

Johnny the Bee on drums - later co-founded the Rockets.

And one of the most criminally underrated rock guitarists - Steve Hunter

Played in this band, and that riff is one of my favorites of all time.
Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome to my Nightmare with Cooper
He's the soloist you hear on Train Kept a Rollin' not Joe Perry
Also the guitarist on the famous Lou Reed live version of Sweet JAne
And on, and on.. and on...

Damn we grew up with some good music.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:24

LooseGoose wrote:IMO Mitch Ryder's best song.

Despite all of the computations, you could just dance to that rock and roll station Lou-reed---street-hassle-data
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:25

Turtleneck wrote:Only OTPT can save this board from becoming a virtual Saturday morning at the barbershop where nothing more recent than 1988 is discussed.

1988 is a head of my time Turtleneck

I remember big tall hair on women’s heads. Was that late 80’s or early 90’s. The ozone is still recovering from the hairspray
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:28

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:29

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Only OTPT can save this board from becoming a virtual Saturday morning at the barbershop where nothing more recent than 1988 is discussed.

1988 is a head of my time Turtleneck

I remember big tall hair on women’s heads. Was that late 80’s or early 90’s. The ozone is still recovering from the hairspray

I remember big tall hair on their trumphandles.

I can carry into the early 90s music - Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, STP, (aka - music OTPT was conceived to) after that I'll admit I'm pretty out of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 19:33

Sounds like DWags is feeling old and melancholy because he doesn’t like or understand his girls’ music.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 20:09

tGreenWay wrote:Sounds like DWags is feeling old and melancholy because he doesn’t like or understand his girls’ music.

That was on my kids play list. I had to drive her car to Belle tire It’s an old commander. She had an iPod in the auxiliary.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 21:14

Gotta love the potent poetry of Lou Reed!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 21:34

Also that jam Coney Island Baby is my favorite Lou song these days. The shit about the coach is deep.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 21:57

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 22:51

tGreenWay wrote:

Hell yeah! That album has one of my favorite verses of his. Hint it has to do with his GTZ, Delaware Gap and a hillbilly song.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 8:28

The potent poetry of Lou Reed

“I took my GPZ out for a ride
the engine felt good between my thighs
The air felt cool, it's was forty degrees outside
I rode to Pennsylvania near the Delaware Gap
sometimes I got lost and had to check the map
I stopped at a roadside diner for a burger and a coke
There were some country folk and some hunters inside
somebody got themselves married and somebody died
I went to the juke box and played a hillbilly song
They was arguing about football as I waved and went outside
and I headed for the mountains feeling warm inside
I love that GPZ so much, you know that I could kiss her”
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 8:32

steveschneider wrote:

" I headed for the mountains feeling warm inside

He needed to find a fucking spa.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 8:34

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

" I headed for the mountains feeling warm inside

He needed to find a fucking spa.

You are blocking the potent poetry.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Lord Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 19:24

For years I thought the Velvet Underground album "Loaded" that contained "Rock and Roll" was the best rock album of all time - still think it's one of the best. Saw Mitch Ryder perform the song several times with Hunter and as technically proficient as Hunter is he ruins the song for me - he wrecks the subtle narrative mystique of the song and turns it into a slick mainstream rock and roll exercise (I don't like Eddie Van Halen either) .Didn't know that Hunter played a solo on Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin." Explains why the recording pales in comparison to Beck and the Yardbirds version.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 19:35

Space Lord wrote:For years I thought the Velvet Underground album "Loaded" that contained "Rock and Roll" was the best rock album of all time - still think it's one of the best. Saw Mitch Ryder perform the song several times with Hunter and as technically proficient as Hunter is he ruins the song for me - he wrecks the subtle narrative mystique of the song and turns it into a slick mainstream rock and roll exercise (I don't like Eddie Van Halen either) .Didn't know that Hunter played a solo on Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin." Explains why the recording pales in comparison to Beck and the Yardbirds version.

Jeff Beck is unmatched. And one crazy mother fucker. Very single minded and all about the sound. Never cared about commercial success.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down