Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

+10
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   Empty didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

Post by DWags 2019-01-12, 20:11

Michigan hires ex USA gymnastics coach who had early knowledge of Nassar.

Gee, I wonder if Dan Misquote Murphy will find it in himself to leave his house in Ann Arbor and investigate this and ask the tough questions?

I'd say it's a dumb move, but what the fuck do I know?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   Empty Re: didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

Post by Guest 2019-01-12, 20:23

It'd be turrible if their BoT meetings started getting protesters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   Empty Re: didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-12, 21:44

Dumb move. This will not go well for scum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-01-13, 00:02

I don't know all the details of this, I've never even heard of her. But on the surface this seems like a really stupid hire.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-13, 21:58

That was quick. She gone
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-13, 22:02

I know many posters here will hate this but this is how you handle this shit. And of course they're going to get accolades from the News/Freep. And they deserve it in comparison to how MSU has handled this shit. Sorry not sorry.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-13, 22:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I know many posters here will hate this but this is how you handle this shit. And of course they're going to get accolades from the News/Freep. And they deserve it in comparison to how MSU has handled this shit. Sorry not sorry.

Don’t hate it. But I sincerely hope she is guilty of what the press has convicted her of. There’s a difference between justice and mob rule. If she knew about this I think it needs to go farther than losing a job.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-13, 22:33

Is there any chance that Harbaugh fires Manuel over this?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-13, 22:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I know many posters here will hate this but this is how you handle this shit. And of course they're going to get accolades from the News/Freep. And they deserve it in comparison to how MSU has handled this shit. Sorry not sorry.
I don't hate it because she probably fucked up.   I don't like one of two things:  1) she's guilty of a crime and isn't being charged for some reason or 2) she's innocent and her ability to work going forward is ruined with absolutely zero due process which is completely contrary to how American jurisprudence is supposed to work.

Reading that story leaves me with one question that perhaps someone here can answer for me?

Why is she condemned and Aly Raisman skates free?   

In the article Raisman states that Faehn failed to report her abuse for a week after being told in July of 15.  Raisman was born in March of 94 so she was over 21 at that point.  Why couldn't she report her own abuse to the FBI?  If Raisman knew about Maggie Nichols being abused as the article seems to imply why shouldn't she be held accountable as an adult for not reporting it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-13, 22:38

Um, what? Hire someone who fucked up and then fire them after less than a week is how you handle it? No, dude. Just don't make the hire in the first place. Either they knew the whole story, hired her anyway, and then fired her after the first hint of backlash, or they hired her without fully vetting and knowing the whole story. They deserve absolutely no credit.

Last edited by Cameron on 2019-01-13, 22:40; edited 1 time in total
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-13, 22:39

LooseGoose wrote:Reading that story leaves me with one question that perhaps someone here can answer for me?

In the article Raisman states that Faehn failed to report her abuse for a week after being told in July of 15.  Raisman was born in March of 94 so she was over 21 at that point.  Why couldn't she report her own abuse to the FBI?  If Raisman knew about Maggie Nichols being abused as the article seems to imply why shouldn't she be held accountable as an adult for not reporting it?

For fuck's sake, Goose, don't do that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-13, 22:42

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Reading that story leaves me with one question that perhaps someone here can answer for me?

Do what?  Ask a sincere question?   I don't know that woman from boo so I have no vested interest either way ....but I don't understand why one person is considered guilty of not reporting and another isnt.  

And the article says they vetted her and then hired her.   I can't quite believe no one considered th optics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-13, 22:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Do what?  Ask a sincere question?   I don't know that woman from boo so I have no vested interest either way ....but I don't understand why one person is considered guilty of not reporting and another isnt.  

And the article says they vetted her and then hired her.   I can't quite believe no one considered th optics.

Don't ask why a victim of abuse who reported her abuse to supposed authority figures didn't take it upon herself to also report abuse suffered by others.

You obviously understand the concept of optics, so I trust you can figure this one out.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-13, 22:57

Cameron wrote:

Um, what? Hire someone who fucked up and then fire them after less than a week is how you handle it? No, dude. Just don't make the hire in the first place. Either they knew the whole story, hired her anyway, and then fired her after the first hint of backlash, or they hired her without fully vetting and knowing the whole story. They deserve absolutely no credit.

Point taken. Totally agree it was a stupid hire. But someone, at some level, recognized the mistake and cut the head off of the snake before the internet lynch mob reached full outrage. We are going on try 99 of this and still failing at the same test.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-13, 22:58

Oh and hey, speak of the devil, guess who's getting positive headlines?

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   UtwNI7p
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-13, 22:59

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   UWQuI0Q
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-13, 23:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Here’s the deal on these things: both those women were fearful of going a step further and here’s why, that organization had this chain of command in regards to both athletes and coaches and executives. Cause a problem, we have someone who will take your place in a heartbeat. You’ll be gone. It freezes these people. Then, if you report it to a superior it’s this feeling of “tag your it” I can go home and sleep because I did my part.

You can’t just report that, you have to follow through. Ask questions like “what’s happening with these allegations?”

In many places you’re protected by unions or contracts and people can’t get rid of you because of that. But it seems in these sports, you aspire to get to a position so you report but just stop. The red head coach from PSU this athlete and coach at USA gymnastics, some trainers at MSU.

It’s fucked up. We’ve not advanced as a society if underlings can be intimidated into being quiet or destroying files or whatever. It sucks.

In this case I think the coach is looked at as a superior and should have followed through. I don’t get why this lady isn’t getting it worse that just firing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-13, 23:51

This was expected.

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander
U of M BoT fires Faehn in days for illegally failing to report Nassar's abuse in 2014 and not responding properly to the failure. Yet 2 yrs later, still waiting for MSU BoT to fire the 2 trainers who were told of the abuse in '99. UofM doing better than MSU in more than football.

9:41 PM - Jan 13, 2019
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-14, 00:00

UM getting all this credit... Can we just re-hire LKS, then fire her right away? Could be good PR...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-14, 00:20

DWags wrote:This was expected.

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander
U of M BoT fires Faehn in days for illegally failing to report Nassar's abuse in 2014 and not responding properly to the failure. Yet 2 yrs later, still waiting for MSU BoT to fire the 2 trainers who were told of the abuse in '99. UofM doing better than MSU in more than football.

I'm sorry but she's right. Most of us could benefit from taking a step back and putting down our pitchforks and trying to understand where she's coming from. And yeah I get the supposed irony in that statement. In my opinion one side has a much more legitimate right to wield the pitchforks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-14, 05:57

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander

I don't think it's a good look for Denhollender to be dragging things as trivial as a sports rivalry into this.. cynics might suggest that it's a way to further promote oneself and their cause through then lens of fandom for one school or another.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-14, 05:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   UWQuI0Q
maybe she retired to spend more time with her tanning bed..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-14, 06:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander

I'm sorry but she's right. Most of us could benefit from taking a step back and putting down our pitchforks and trying to understand where she's coming from. And yeah I get the supposed irony in that statement. In my opinion one side has a much more legitimate right to wield the pitchforks.

Of course. And, it was expeccted. No?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-14, 06:32

Cameron wrote:UM getting all this credit... Can we just re-hire LKS, then fire her right away? Could be good PR...
Exactly, this is like a thief returning merchandise that he stole after getting busted...and then being praised for returning it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-14, 07:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:UM getting all this credit... Can we just re-hire LKS, then fire her right away? Could be good PR...
Exactly, this is like a thief returning merchandise that he stole after getting busted...and then being praised for returning it.

Perfect.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-14, 07:42

MSU handled the entire situation about as badly as possible. But sorry, I'm not going to praise U of M for hiring her and then firing her. The best way for them to "handle this shit" would have been to do their homework before giving her a job. I mean they did know she worked for USA gymnastics. Anybody involved with them should automatically be viewed as toxic.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-14, 08:05

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander

Nothing like using a horrific tragedy to score some points against your rival. If this woman was truly only concerned with the handling of Nassar that last sentence would not be included in the tweet.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-14, 08:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander

Nothing like using a horrific tragedy to score some points against your rival. If this woman was truly only concerned with the handling of Nassar that last sentence would not be included in the tweet.
yep - was what I was referring to earlier.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-14, 08:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander

It was purposeful and it was aimed at all MSU alumni, fans and students.  She's beyond trying to get her point across to the BOT, which I understand, she wants to poke every person who is involved with MSU and she has an avenue to do it.   Perhaps part of the healing process.  Theres' a scene in Forrest Gump where Jenny, his love interest goes back to her childhood home which she was abused in by her father.  She starts throwing rocks at it over and over.  Forrest Gump says "Sometimes there just isn't enough rocks".    Everyone of us, in my opinion, represents the abuse she's taken from Nassar and it had to be horrific.  So, she's throwing rocks, and frankly, to her, there just isn't enough rocks.  I understand it.   And it also gets me pissed off, many of us have always been in the dark and on the outside, but we'll all  have to endure the rocks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-14, 08:25

Just read it all. I’m just glad UofM let her go.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-14, 08:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Rachael Denhollander
@R_Denhollander

Isn’t Rachel a Spartan? Either way I didn’t care that much. It’s just football and I completely get why she’s angry.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-14, 08:46

Yeah I was gonna say...you guys act like she doesn't have a reason to be angry.

And duffy, that's fair, I mean they don't deserve praise for hiring her and then firing her. I just think that unlike MSU where our admin seems to like to double down on our stupidity, at least they got in front of this quickly and made the right call.

I definitely will say that if the positions had been reversed and MSU hired, then fired her it would not be getting the same kind of treatment. I guess that's fair, too, though. We have a reputation that we have earned.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-14, 08:53

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It was purposeful and it was aimed at all MSU alumni, fans and students.  She's beyond trying to get her point across to the BOT, which I understand, she wants to poke every person who is involved with MSU and she has an avenue to do it.   Perhaps part of the healing process.  Theres' a scene in Forrest Gump where Jenny, his love interest goes back to her childhood home which she was abused in by her father.  She starts throwing rocks at it over and over.  Forrest Gump says "Sometimes there just isn't enough rocks".    Everyone of us, in my opinion, represents the abuse she's taken from Nassar and it had to be horrific.  So, she's throwing rocks, and frankly, to her, there just isn't enough rocks.  I understand it.   And it also gets me pissed off, many of us have always been in the dark and on the outside, but we'll all  have to endure the rocks.
I get what you're saying but, in my opinion, it tends to trivialize things when the Lieutenant in the Army of Sister Survivors feels the need to interject sports into the private (now public) hell of the sexual abuse and subsequent fall out they experienced.

I suspect if a very public persona associated with MSU issued a statement about UM hiring this gymnastics coach and compared it to UM's bowl performance vs. Florida, the Sister Survivors would be apoplectic.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-14, 09:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I get what you're saying but, in my opinion, it tends to trivialize things when the Lieutenant in the Army of Sister Survivors feels the need to interject sports into the private (now public) hell of the sexual abuse and subsequent fall out they experienced.

I suspect if a very public persona associated with MSU issued a statement about UM hiring this gymnastics coach and compared it to UM's bowl performance vs. Florida, the Sister Survivors would be apoplectic.

You just did!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-01-14, 09:07

steveschneider wrote:Just read it all. I’m just glad UofM let her go.
This is where I am - the hire was wrong, very wrong. And someone at UM had the sense to see to it that she was fired.

I have a lot of respect for Denhollander for being the force behind Nassar being investigated by the Indianapolis Star and having criminal charges brought forward.

Were her comments about football off-base, yes/maybe, but I'll give her a pass.

I'm not here much anymore, but have y'all discussed Diane Byrums tweet?
https://twitter.com/DianneByrum/status/1084139531237056512

John Engler does not speak for the Board and does not have a vote. The Board of Trustees has the authority to determine the details of a new fund to assist Survivors. This will be discussed at the MSU Board meeting scheduled for February 15, 2019. wrote:
While I'm glad to see her stand up to Engler, I find it hard to believe that she thinks he doesn't speak for the BOT or the University. If she really feels that the (Interim) President of the University doesn't speak for the institution then shouldn't she be taking steps to have him ousted from that position?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-14, 09:31

Wally Fairway wrote:
This is where I am - the hire was wrong, very wrong. And someone at UM had the sense to see to it that she was fired.

I have a lot of respect for Denhollander for being the force behind Nassar being investigated by the Indianapolis Star and having criminal charges brought forward.

John Engler does not speak for the Board and does not have a vote. The Board of Trustees has the authority to determine the details of a new fund to assist Survivors. This will be discussed at the MSU Board meeting scheduled for February 15, 2019. wrote:
While I'm glad to see her stand up to Engler, I find it hard to believe that she thinks he doesn't speak for the BOT or the University. If she really feels that the (Interim) President of the University doesn't speak for the institution then shouldn't she be taking steps to have him ousted from that position?

This shit has been overly political for a while and it's disgusting. Engler was the hammer to stand up for the university when entities like ESPN were trying to tie a much larger, fabricated scandal to what was already a horrible situation. It's about time to find a suitable replacement. His particular set of skills are no longer needed.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-14, 09:31

It's always going to be this way with scUM/MSU - they get praised for firing her though they just hired her....and today's digital front page?

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   Freeep10

And?  When you read the story?   The proposition happened when he worked at scUM!!

Jacoby was a lecturer with the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research Summer Program at the University of Michigan in the summer of 2002. He was also on his way to a post at MSU.

Rebecca Gill was an MSU political science graduate student taking part in the program.

On the night the program ended, participants went out to celebrate. Gill recalls that she and Jacoby were sitting next to each other at an Ann Arbor bar when the conversation took an uncomfortable turn.

Jacoby talked about how mysterious she was, Gill said, then he asked her if she’d consider having an affair with him.

“I was stunned,” Gill said in an interview Friday. “I just kind of came to senses and said something like ‘You can’t expect me to answer that.’”

MSU political scientist tried to trade academic guidance for sex, university finds
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-14, 10:06

LooseGoose wrote:It's always going to be this way with scUM/MSU - they get praised for firing her though they just hired her....and today's digital front page?

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   Freeep10

And?  When you read the story?   The proposition happened when he worked at scUM!!

Jacoby was a lecturer with the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research Summer Program at the University of Michigan in the summer of 2002. He was also on his way to a post at MSU.

Rebecca Gill was an MSU political science graduate student taking part in the program.

On the night the program ended, participants went out to celebrate. Gill recalls that she and Jacoby were sitting next to each other at an Ann Arbor bar when the conversation took an uncomfortable turn.

Jacoby talked about how mysterious she was, Gill said, then he asked her if she’d consider having an affair with him.

“I was stunned,” Gill said in an interview Friday. “I just kind of came to senses and said something like ‘You can’t expect me to answer that.’”

MSU political scientist tried to trade academic guidance for sex, university finds

So wait, am I reading this right?  He was a professor at Michigan, he was not one yet at MSU.  We won't let him be a professor, but the headline says..........

Do we get credit for firing him?  Don't answer.

Edit, never mind. Read it. Sounds creepy, but sounds like he did the same thing at both universities.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-14, 12:06

Wally Fairway wrote:

She doesn't say that he doesn't speak for the University, only that he doesn't speak for the Board. And he shouldn't speak for the Board, as he is not part of the Board.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-14, 12:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah I was gonna say...you guys act like she doesn't have a reason to be angry.

And duffy, that's fair, I mean they don't deserve praise for hiring her and then firing her. I just think that unlike MSU where our admin seems to like to double down on our stupidity, at least they got in front of this quickly and made the right call.

I definitely will say that if the positions had been reversed and MSU hired, then fired her it would not be getting the same kind of treatment. I guess that's fair, too, though. We have a reputation that we have earned.
To be fair, this was pretty easy for UM. She'd only just started a couple of days prior, it's not like she would have done much yet that would leave them in a lurch. It wasn't even a vacant coaching position that was filled, and now needs to be filled again. And probably most of all, she was hired as a "consultant", which unless the sporting/gymnastics world uses that term very differently than the rest of the world, is likely going to mean that her contract is very different than a full time coach. Easy to terminate, probably no need to have cause, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next