Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread

+12
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
kingstonlake
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Cameron
Nordic
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread

Post by DWags 2019-01-24, 21:22

Holy cow. Only one free throw missed all night by both teams combined.

28-29

20-21
8-8

Impressive
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-24, 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Mr. Pickles is available.

I like that too.

Also whoever wins the auction could bestow the nickname Loose Goose upon him. We can do a poll later.

That’s an excellent idea. An honor for X and a tribute to our fallen friend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-24, 21:46

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yellow? scratch

Got it. tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 502811600
I remember a little about that episode. You can understand my confusion, though, because you totally Bucknered the quote.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-24, 22:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm going to say something. And it's going to be very very unpopular and I'm going to get blamed for the next loss. I can handle that. This is actually pretty deliberate because I don't want to wait until March for it to happen.

Has anyone else noticed an astonishing lack of shot making by our opponents? Normally when we go on the road in the Conference, other teams catch fire. They throw up all kinds of ridiculous shots from 30 feet out and they all go in, contested or not. There was some of that going on in the first half tonight but not nearly to the degree that we usually see. I'm sure the perimeter d is better and that accounts for some of it.

Like in the Kansas game - that Freshman hit what like 6 3s? I've read that he's 22% or something from 3 since then. That shit always happens to us. It has not happened basically since the Kansas game. Maybe first half of the Texas game.
I was thinking during the second half how many times the announcers in our games this year have said about our opponents, " They can't buy a bucket" or something similar. It stops being a coincidence after a while. I know there are open misses, but I tend to think that being constantly chased and harassed, having your shots strongly contested, and being forced into bad shots all make it more difficult to hit the open ones. The suffocating D keeps you out of rhythm, hurts your confidence, and adds a lot of pressure when you find yourself getting a rare open shot.

I don't know, but damn this fucking team. On the road, no Langford, top 20 opponent, we have 19 turnovers, and still end up winning easy. Wow.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-24, 22:04

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Got it. tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 502811600
I remember a little about that episode. You can understand my confusion, though, because you totally Bucknered the quote.

Yeah, and I think this site blocks the word lady.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-24, 22:10

Where have you been, steve? We haven't been able to say lady for a long CLINTing time.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-24, 22:11

kingstonlake wrote:I'm starting to think izzo should put a cap of two players max with five stars. He's so much better having players with defined roles. It's night and day.

I respectfully disagreee with this. I don’t know if Izzo modernized his offense or not but I believe he did. you add a guy like JJJ or Bridges to this team it’s a legit title contender.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-24, 22:12

Cameron wrote:Where have you been, steve? We haven't been able to say lady for a long CLINTing time.

lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-24, 22:14

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm starting to think izzo should put a cap of two players max with five stars. He's so much better having players with defined roles. It's night and day.

I respectfully disagreee with this. I don’t know if Izzo modernized his offense or not but I believe he did. you add a guy like JJJ or Bridges to this team it’s a legit title contender.

We're already a legit title contender. More so than we were last year.

I love love Miles. But I think his offensive game is just not suited to a structured college offense. He floats on the perimeter and only flashes of the break. Not a good fit for the type of sets MSU runs. We ran a lot of iso for him and it resulted in a lot of standing and watching.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-24, 22:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I love love Miles. But I think his offensive game is just not suited to a structured college offense. He floats on the perimeter and only flashes of the break. Not a good fit for the type of sets MSU runs. We ran a lot of iso for him and it resulted in a lot of standing and watching.

Why did you always hate Miles?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-24, 23:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

True. I saw Couch gave us a 5% chance of winning it all. I agree with that and that’s pretty good actually . Add a big 5 top 15 pick and I’d argue those odds improve even more. Having a team with a lot of juniors is huge but in all my years watching the tournament it’s the teams with nba talent that end up cutting down the nets.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-24, 23:35

Couch is an idiot. Here are the real odds, per me.

Duke 4:1

Group of 4-5 teams including UVA and MSU: 8:1

Field: 6:1
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-25, 00:18

will wbh ever stop predicting the downfall of this hoops team?

first it was osu. then it was nebraska. then it was iowa.

y'all call me negative but this dude hates success
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-25, 05:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:will wbh ever stop predicting the downfall of this hoops team?

I’m worried we lose to Purdue.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-25, 05:42

I'm worried about injuries
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-25, 07:18

I'm not worried. Buck up, nancies.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-25, 08:41

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:will wbh ever stop predicting the downfall of this hoops team?

Fuck Purdue and their asshole fans.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-25, 08:41

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 AppropriateGiftedAngelfish-size_restricted

#teamSteve
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-25, 08:59

Big late run helps shaky Spartans avert disaster, beat Hawkeyes

tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-25, 09:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Big late run helps shaky Spartans avert disaster, beat Hawkeyes

You have to know the Blue Wall was hoping that MSU would be handed their 1st B1G loss of the season.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-25, 09:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Big late run helps shaky Spartans avert disaster, beat Hawkeyes

The team averted disaster, huh? OK. tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-25, 18:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:

You have to know the Blue Wall was hoping that MSU would be handed their 1st B1G loss of the season.
I can't wait until we win the B1G by 1 game, and UM starts a media knobhead and letter writing campaign to change the rules so that overall record is how the league title is determined.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-25, 19:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

tOfficial nothing good ever came from Iowa game thread - Page 3 AppropriateGiftedAngelfish-size_restricted

#teamSteve

Let’s gooo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-25, 19:11

kingstonlake wrote:I'm worried about injuries

I’m not worried, but I wouldn’t be surprised by a loss to Purdue.
I’m more concerned about injuries, especially Cash’s tired knees.
I’m hyper alert to the team hitting the wall, and of a case of the flu spreading around the team.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-25, 19:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

#teamSteve

Let’s gooo

Easy there, big fella. The game is Sunday and we don’t want you peaking too soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-25, 19:33

I think the streak ends Sunday.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-25, 19:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think the streak ends Sunday.

You’re such a rat fucker.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-25, 20:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You’re such a rat fucker.

That’s coach kashevwskqui. WBH is more like a twatwaffle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-25, 20:17

I have never fucked a rat and the road is really tough in this conference you guys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-25, 20:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have never fucked a rat

You’ve never lived.

Meet me in Madison Heights at 3 pm tomorrow.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-25, 20:46

I like this whole reverse jinx thing you got goin where you predict MSU loses every road game. Keep it up
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-25, 21:10

You’ve never lived.

You can take the rat fucker out of the east side, but you can’t take the east side out of the rat fucker.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-25, 21:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
I like this whole reverse jinx thing you got go-in where you predict MSU loses every road game. Keep it up

Fify
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-25, 21:34

You’ve never lived.

Sorry Travis we have a game at 3:30 tomorrow. I can meet you at the Kung Fu Noodle House at 1 pm though
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-25, 22:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

You’ve never lived.

Sorry Travis we have a game at 3:30 tomorrow. I can meet you at the Kung Fu Noodle House at 1 pm though

I’ll be there. I’ll bring the rats.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-25, 22:12

Have I made it clear that we’re going to fuck some rats together?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-25, 22:13

Because we’re going to fuck some rats together.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Maybe we could fuck the same rat
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

We could dock in the middle
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I call the back end.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next