Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Mike's is legit

+10
Dr. Strangelove
tTito
y2kMgrad
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Cameron
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
14 posters

Go down

Jersey Mike's is legit Empty Jersey Mike's is legit

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:03

So I've been seeing the ads during college basketball games for a few years. "A Sub Above."

So another sub shop that is closer to work closed recently. I am on a special project and don't take full lunches. So I ran out to the Jersey Mike's about 3 miles away, been wanting to try it.

Straight up legit. Way better than Scrubway. I like Tubby's but they are hit or miss. Very good sandwich. And they have good, cold stored pickle chips too.

Highly recommend.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Jersey Mike's is legit Empty Re: Jersey Mike's is legit

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:42

Jersey Mike's is good. My kids love it. You can also get JM 'in a tub' without the bread.

DiBella's is good. Firehouse is also good.

Jimmy Johns is not terrible and my kids used to love it but they are animal lovers and took a stand when they saw pictures of that idiot clowning on dead rhinos and elephants and shit. I commend them for that.

I would not eat at Subway if Subway and Arby's were the last 2 places to get food on the planet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:52

So you’d get the Arby’s then.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:55

Rocinante wrote:So you’d get the Arby’s then.

Jersey Mike's is legit Giphy
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:58

Firehouse is my favorite of the chain sub joints.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jersey Mike's is good. My kids love it. You can also get JM 'in a tub' without the bread.

Jimmy Johns is not terrible and my kids used to love it but they are animal lovers and took a stand when they saw pictures of that idiot clowning on dead rhinos and elephants and shit. I commend them for that.

I would not eat at Subway if Subway and Arby's were the last 2 places to get food on the planet.

I love animals too. Especially with cheese, bread, lettuce, tomato and pickles. So good.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:13

I don't disagree.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:18

I've never had Jersey Mike's. Is it better or worse than Jersey Giant?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:19

JM’s and firehouse are not my cup of tea. I’d do a subway salad and JJ’s are more favorable than fast food. And it’s not like I’m eating the animals that guy shot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:39

I thought Jersey Mike's sucked the one time I had it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I thought Jersey Mike's sucked the one time I had it.

I forgot. OTPT is our resident food snob. So what sub place do you ordain?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:46

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I thought Jersey Mike's sucked the one time I had it.

I forgot. OTPT is our resident food snob. So what sub place do you ordain?

The term snob coming from you seems kinda, well, ironic. If I'm craving a sub I'll usually just make my own, but Snarf's if takeout.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 18:48

Jersey Mike's and Penn Station are by far the best in my opinion. That chipotle cheesesteak at JM is fantastic. They used to have a bogo coupon that would come every month in the mail but they changed it to $2 off, which isn't near as good.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 19:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jersey Mike's is good. My kids love it. You can also get JM 'in a tub' without the bread.

So you are proud of your 1st world children who enjoy chowing down on farmed cattle, chickens and pigs, who are raised in a pen shoulder-to-shoulder, so they can't move. Yet are outraged at a hunter shooting big game that goes to feed 3rd world indigenous people. Yeah, you should be beaming.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 9:45

TheReal_LWS wrote:

So you are proud of your 1st world children who enjoy chowing down on farmed cattle, chickens and pigs, who are raised in a pen shoulder-to-shoulder, so they can't move. Yet are outraged at a hunter shooting big game that goes to feed 3rd world indigenous people. Yeah, you should be beaming.

They irony is profound.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 9:49

Jersey Mike's is good but a bit pricey I prefer Publix subs
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 10:03

TheReal_LWS wrote:

I get your general point, and am with you - but "3rd world indigenous people" actually ate those animals referenced?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 10:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

I get your general point, and am with you - but "3rd world indigenous people" actually ate those animals referenced?

Almost always is the case. The meat from elephants is especially prized by native Africans. I've even heard that if they find an elephant carcass they'll carve it up even after the meat has turned green! But yes, almost all big game "trophies" in Africa are used to feed the locals, while the trophy parts are shipped back to the hunter's home country. By the way, the trophy fees are in the hundreds and thousands of dollars. All of which go to conservation efforts for the hunted species.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 11:08

Cameron wrote:I've never had Jersey Mike's. Is it better or worse than Jersey Giant?

All the same. White bread and cold cuts. #merica.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 11:18

TheReal_LWS wrote:

lol! You start a thread about subs. WBH talks about subs. You bring up some shit from who knows when, from nobody cares what thread. Who's got the Napoleon complex again??
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 11:29

Nordic wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

lol! You start a thread about subs. WBH talks about subs. You bring up some shit from who knows when, from nobody cares what thread. Who's got the Napoleon complex again??

I know you are dumb as a rock, but please see the bolded text.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 11:30

Nordic wrote:

TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 11:39

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Nordic wrote:

Fair enough. I admittedly skim WBHs posts a lot of times. Still, you've been stalking him for quite a while now lil' guy.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 11:53

Nordic wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Fair enough. I admittedly skim WBHs posts a lot of times. Still, you've been stalking him for quite a while now lil' guy.

Stalking? LOL He posted in my thread.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 12:39

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Jersey Mike's is good but a bit pricey I prefer Wegmans subs

Fixed.

JM is ok, nowhere near as a good ol Jersey Giant from up in Michigan. Kind of pricey, large Italian sub out the door is over $12. I can get a better tasting and bigger sub at Wegmans for $9.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 12:42

pulling69 wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Jersey Mike's is good but a bit pricey I prefer Wegmans subs

Fixed.

JM is ok, nowhere near as a good ol Jersey Giant from up in Michigan. Kind of pricey, large Italian sub out the door is over $12. I can get a better tasting and bigger sub at Wegmans for $9.

This is fair. Admittedly my review did not take cost into account because, well, I don't care about cost.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 13:21

This board is dead. Apparently you all went to JM's for lunch.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 14:11

TheReal_LWS wrote:This board is dead. Apparently you all went to JM's for lunch.

Never had Jersey Mike's, LWS. What do you want me to say?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 22:16

TheReal_LWS wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

Fixed.

This is fair. Admittedly my review did not take cost into account because, well, I don't care about cost.

Would you pay $50 for that sub?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 3:48

Mancino's Italian grinder
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 9:10

Frank Ricard wrote:Mancino's Italian grinder

Damn, haven't had one of those in quite some time. I think that's on the menu this weekend.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 10:56

y2kMgrad wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Would you pay $50 for that sub?

Depends on how hungry I was.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down