Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about pots & pans

+14
Frank Ricard
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Cameron
Dendrobates
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tell me about pots & pans - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me about pots & pans

Post by Dendrobates Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 16:59

DWags wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:Fucking amazing. You all know a lot about your kitchen stuff. We have pots and pans and skillets. Couldn't tell you a damn thing about them. I know nothin about cooking. Had no idea they were so expensive.

I don't know much about nothin. Know nothin about my tv's. Know nothin about my car model or truck model, other than they run. If they don't work, I know nothin on how to fix them. Know nothin about craft beers. Know nothin about my phone, don't even get me started. Play golf 3 times a week, but couldn't tell you a damn thing about my clubs, cause I know nothin. Golf balls? Know nothin. Since I'm retired, I know nothin about what I used to do.

Life has never been better. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm an expert on how to run the remote for the tv. That's it.

I want to have a beer with you.

Also, at our age I’ve found that smoking weed really effects short term memory loss. And so does smoking weed.

FR is a good guy to have a beer with. He stops by the tailgate with us every now and then. But he is too cool to stay for long. Razz
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 17:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SawGreen wrote:So, I watched this video and went out an bought the pan... even made the eggs (which were simply too soft for me).

But, I did trust his comment about the pan and consider it a good investment (I also don't like non-stick).

I've never tried this on heat/off heat/on heat technique. Gonna try it this weekend. I've always added a bit of milk to scrambled eggs to keep them nice and fluffy.

I guess I didn't follow-up well. After I watched the first video, I was curious about the pan. Copper botton into stainless uppers. That's what holds the heat to let you do the old on/off.

It's in the first minute of this one.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 17:25

I have a copper bottom stainless upper. It's "ok". Seems built for Life though.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 17:43

Cuisinart pots are stainless with a copper layer in the base. They are also best used on a gas burner.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:12

The Pantry wrote:Cuisinart pots are stainless with a copper layer in the base. They are also best used on a gas burner.

Cuisanart came up first when I googled best cookware for glasstop stoves. Didn’t know they were in the business of pots and pans.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:45

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Cuisinart pots are stainless with a copper layer in the base. They are also best used on a gas burner.

Cuisanart came up first when I googled best cookware for glasstop stoves. Didn’t know they were in the business of pots and pans.
Been making them at least 20-25 years. Yeah, they would be good on instant on/off glasstops too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 19:27

I just used my skillet. Take chicken thighs. Peel back skin brush lightly with butter garlic mix put skin back on. Canola oil in the pan. Skin side down oh high heat two minutes. Brush backside lightly with butter garlic mix. Flip for two minutes. Throw in oven at 375 till you hit 160. Pull out. Eat with a salad and wild grain rice.

Clean pan. Keep it seasoned. Best thing in the world. Anything that can go from the top of an oven to inside is awesome
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 15:26

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Been making them at least 20-25 years. Yeah, they would be good on instant on/off glasstops too.

Thanks for the review. Going to check them out. I need to get my hands on them and see how they feel before purchasing. I’ve noticed a lot of these stores don’t even stock the 10-piece sets, you have to order online. I also want to get a feel for the All-Clad, but that’s getting pricey. If I had a gas setup, I’d even give Le Creuset the once over.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 15:51

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Been making them at least 20-25 years. Yeah, they would be good on instant on/off glasstops too.

Thanks for the review. Going to check them out. I need to get my hands on them and see how they feel before purchasing. I’ve noticed a lot of these stores don’t even stock the 10-piece sets, you have to order online. I also want to get a feel for the All-Clad, but that’s getting pricey. If I had a gas setup, I’d even give Le Creuset the once over.
The older Cuisinart stuff I have is solid. The good Le Creuset stuff is quite pricey.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 17:32

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Been making them at least 20-25 years.  Yeah, they would be good on instant on/off glasstops too.

Thanks for the review. Going to check them out. I need to get my hands on them and see how they feel before purchasing.  I’ve noticed a lot of these stores don’t even stock the 10-piece sets, you have to order online. I also want to get a feel for the All-Clad, but that’s getting pricey. If I had a gas setup, I’d even give Le Creuset the once over.

Have the AllClad copper cores, worked well on glass top, better now I'm cookin' with gas. Tell me about pots & pans - Page 2 4198636888
You will need to designate who you are passing them on to in your will, they're made to last with moderate care. I think the set we have is like $1200 on Amazon, luckily I was able to get them through some vendor reward program
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 17:38

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thanks for the review. Going to check them out. I need to get my hands on them and see how they feel before purchasing.  I’ve noticed a lot of these stores don’t even stock the 10-piece sets, you have to order online. I also want to get a feel for the All-Clad, but that’s getting pricey. If I had a gas setup, I’d even give Le Creuset the once over.

Have the AllClad copper cores, worked well on glass top, better now I'm cookin' with gas. Tell me about pots & pans - Page 2 4198636888
You will need to designate who you are passing them on to in your will, they're made to last with moderate care. I think the set we have is like $1200 on Amazon, luckily I was able to get them through some vendor reward program

Good to know. Do you hand wash or use a dishwasher to clean them?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 18:36

tGreenWay wrote:

Good to know. Do you hand wash or use a dishwasher to clean them?

Just hand wash. Have burnt some shit on good, but always able to get it off with a nylon scrubber. Use a little Barkeepers Friend every once in a while.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 18:59

Have had no issues putting the Cuisinart or Le Creuset in the dishwasher. Have used non-metallic scrubbers on the Le Creuset. Have occasionally hit tough spots on the Cuisinart with Brillo using a light touch...no deleterious affects.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2